Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fable!!!

Sarr Koon

Fable!!!

Mwahahahaha! This game looks to be super sweet. I've been reading up on it and it sounds amazing. Releases on X-Box, September 14 and I will be picking it up shortly thereafter. Anyone else thinking of grabbing this title?

Darth_Sauron
    Abso-<smallfont color=#D7FF81>NO SWEARING PLEASE, read section v, subsection j, of the FAQ</smallfont>in-loutely.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Yeah, I'm going to grab a copy. Looks great.

Official site for anyone interested: http://www.fable-game.com/

Garret Treborn
    That site sucks, but the game still looks awesome. :P

Neo-Genesis
    watched my brother play it last night and today, its awsome, funny, and a great game.

imported_Grev Drasen
    It's great, but if you want to get your money out of it be ready to play it through at least 3 times. It's way too easy to beat, but the extensive character creation is what makes it so much fun. My first try I went through the game as evil as I could be, and now I'm going through as an archer.

Drake Shadowstalker
    I bought the game yesterday and I love it. It is funny as hell. The funniest thing was when the guy had you change your appearance and made you look like a complete idiot, then he runs off.

I will definately be playing it through a few times. Knights of the Old Republic is a better game though, IMO.

The grahics really aren't that great, but the game is incredibly fun and a great breaking of the mold in terms of RPGs.

As a side note, I wish I could woo masses of volumptuous women with such rousing lines as "HEY" and "YEAH"

Drake Shadowstalker
    I absolutely love the graphics.
    Originally posted by Charley
    As a side note, I wish I could woo masses of volumptuous women with such rousing lines as "HEY" and "YEAH"
    Yeah, wouldn't that be nice.

I really like the combat system even though it is simplistic.

How can you like the graphics? They're about three years behind par.

Credit where credit's due here.

Kelt Simoson
    People have opinions that differ from you Charley from time to time bro

Fable, nice looking might check it out.

You mean you can't?

Well darn. The image I'd built up in my head of you just got shot to hell. How can you go shattering my illusions like that, Chuck?

Unfortunately, my brother took all our gaming consoles to Mason, so I won't be playing any console games for awhile. If I could, I'd check this one out.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Upon watching my friend start a new game and my sister commenting on the oversized gloves the child has I said "Harvest Moon for the X-Box."

The game is well done. There's a lot of neat content the graphics are a little lacking but the environments are well displayed, although I've already ran into a few graphics glitches, terrain not showing and such. The games is more then I expected it to be.

Originally posted by Kelt Simoson
    People have opinions that differ from you Charley from time to time bro

Fable, nice looking might check it out.
    Please look at the screenshots and look again at any given game from three years ago. Its just not current.That's not really a matter of opinion. Its also not damning, so stop taking it like I'm assaulting your mother's honor. The game's fine, and it doesn't matter that the graphics aren't sharp as a knife.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

UNLIMITED POWER!

*cuts himself on doom 3's graphics*

I'm debating if I should buy Fable. I've heard that you have to load to do nearly anything--example given: to equip a shovel and dig required a load screen.

Truth?

Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
    *cuts himself on doom 3's graphics*

I'm debating if I should buy Fable. I've heard that you have to load to do nearly anything--example given: to equip a shovel and dig required a load screen.

Truth?
    In a way yes. It goes into a little movie clip that shows you digging (like done spade full) and either makes a 'yay' type sound or a grumbling sound of not finding anything. It does take a good deal of time that after doing it for some time you wish that you could just say did and not have to watch the vid.

Drake Shadowstalker
    If you're worried about load times, then just wait for the PC release. There should be one in the future, I think.

Originally posted by Drake Shadowstalker
    If you're worried about load times, then just wait for the PC release. There should be one in the future, I think.
    Ported titles to the PC aren't usually all that great, though. They're usually under-supported, buggy, feature poor controls, and aren't particuarly customizable.

Kelt Simoson
    Please look at the screenshots and look again at any given game from three years ago. Its just not current.That's not really a matter of opinion. Its also not damning, so stop taking it like I'm assaulting your mother's honor. The game's fine, and it doesn't matter that the graphics aren't sharp as a knife.
    I havent even played the game so i'm not taking it anyway at all. It was simply a thought. If he likes the graphics let him, if you dont fine. Accept others opions without jumping on them, thats all i'm saying, dude.

Originally posted by Kelt Simoson
    I havent even played the game so i'm not taking it anyway at all. It was simply a thought. If he likes the graphics let him, if you dont fine. Accept others opions without jumping on them, thats all i'm saying, dude.
    I'm not jumping on anybody's opinions but I'm not really going to call a duck a chicken, nor should I be expected to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast