"Beastriders - part of the security of Iziz City. Centuries ago, the people of Onderon tamed some of the flying beasts, and this is the result."

The rider set his mount down on the plain in front of them, and dismounted. "What are you doing out here at night, Lady De'Ville?"

She was smug that he recognized her. "My apprentice," she gestured to Alf, "was taking a refreshing walk in the woods tonight, and I followed him. It is just as well I did, or he might not have come back." Lilaena began walking slowly, circumspectly around the beast at a safe distance. "I thank you for your dilligence, but we are quite safe now."

The rider shrugged, obviously not convinced, but not about to contradict the highest advisor to his king. "As you wish. A pleasant evening, m'Lady." He vaulted back into the saddle, and the beast spread it's bat-like wings, stirring up dirt and dust as it strove for the air.

De'Ville kept walking towards the city, but looked back at her apprentice. "Tell me, what have you learned tonight?"