Thread: Extending One's Claws to See What One May Scratch

Kajeela Tarruurri

Extending One's Claws to See What One May Scratch

Kajeela stood stock still. Flanked on either side by two of her loyal Enforcers who, also, were standing stock still. The trio looked like some strange, true-life sculpture set against the inner wall of the foyer entrance of the Jedi Complex. Even the Director's tail swayed not an inch. Her petite hands folded neatly together infront of her were unmoving, as were the Enforcers much larger ones hanging close at their sides. They were as statues. Only the slight rise and fall of their crisp uniforms against their chests as they all breathed indicated that they were not statues at all.

Kajeela's grey eyes, usually so intense and penetrating, were somewhat hooded. Perhaps she felt a certain discretion was warrented for this particular visit. If that was so, then she had failed miserably. The Cizeracks couldn't have gone more unnoticed by those Jedi that passed by them enroute to their various tasks, than if they had all been dancing a jig and singing a ribald chorus.

"We have sent for Jedi Knight Jubei -- I'm sure he wont be long" a young fresh-faced man explained with a curteous bow.

A faint flicker of Kajeela's ears was the only acknowledgement the young Jedi clerk received as reply. Long wait or not, it was clear the Cizeracks were not moving until he arrived.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
    Jubei arrived promptly. The one who had sent for him had explained that a trio of feline humanoids had requested his presence and this puzzled him somewhat. Of course, there had been disagreements with the Cizerack over Calan, but he wondered why it was that the Cizerack would come directly to him and him alone. Arriving before the three, Jubei bowed his head in greeting.

"Greetings. You wished to speak with me?"

Kajeela Tarruurri
    If the two Enforcers at the Director's side heard her sharp intake of breath at Jubei's appearance, they did not show it, but remained resolute and eyes forward.

Kajeela was struck once again at the beautiful grace of the Jedi Knight before her and her pleasure at the sight of him caused the audible reaction. Jubei's Calan Monk background seemed to affect him with an air of 'other worldliness' or untouchability. It drove Kajeela to distraction, and was the driving force behind her determination to dominate this steel-willed pacifist. A determination which had seen her set a snare and take Jubei against his will back on Carshoulis. There, having spent weeks indoctrinating, torturing and mind manipulating him, the Head of Cizerack Internal Intelligence had now come to see what fruit had borne from that endeavour.

Jubie indicated no memory of their previous encounter.

Kajeela smiled demurely. That was a good sign.

"jYesss..." she said politely, "jI hope jI have not come at a bad tjime forrr jyou...?"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
    Jubei simply shook his head. He knew Cizeracks were more often than not brash and impatient, so it was pleasantly suprising to meet one who composed themselves so calmly and patiently.

“What can I help you with, Miss…?”

Kajeela Tarruurri
    Kajeela slid a glance at the fresh faced clerk, who appeared disinterested in their conversation. The Director, however, would not be taking any chances.

She threaded her arm around Jubei's and smiled demurely.

"Could we walk jin the garrrdensss perrrhajps?"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
    A slight inclination of his head, and Jubei began to walk, “Certainly.”

As they walked through the halls of the Order they passed many Jedi, from many cultural backgrounds, species and walks of life. The Order was a treasure trove of variety, and the gardens were no different. Master Rie Mystt’s presence on Coruscant caused the whole vast expanse of greenery to flourish, even under the city’s immoderate climate. There were so many colors and scents, scents that Jubei imagined this Cizerack woman must have been able to fully appreciate. Dotted here and there, students sat in meditation.

Jubei was still not aware what it was this woman wished from him, but he would not push the issue – instead, simply wait until she brought it up.

Kajeela Tarruurri
    Kajeela and Jubei walked the gardens at a leisurely pace, the two burly Cizerack Enforcers a discreet distance behind.

Despite the serene surroundings and patient company, the Director seemed anxious and distracted.

"jYou don't rrrememberrr me, do jyou, Jubeji?"

Her question intoned an intimacy between the two and Kajeela watched the Jedi's reaction keenly from beneath her hooded eyes.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
    “I do not believe,” he began to reply, in a diplomatic tone, “that we have previously met, therefore no, I do not remember you. Should I?”

Kajeela Tarruurri
    "No...jI sssupossse jIt jis mjy mjissstake.."

She did not elaborate, but let her incomplete answer suffice as the came to a bench underneath a blossoming lilac tree.

The perfume of the flowers was all-encompassing eepecially to the felinoid's sensitivity.

"Let'sss sssjit forr a moment"

She took a place on the bench and Jubei obligingly did the same.

The Director could tell he was not comprehending the purpose for her visit to him, yet was remaining patient for her to reveal her purpose.

Turning toward Jubei and taking one of his hands in her own, Kajeela held his gaze. Grey, intelligent eyes locked onto peaceful brown ones, as the Cizerack let the hammer fall.

"Jubeji.....let usss talk of...loyalty...sssacrjifjice...ssservjice..."

Her voice was taking on a lazy sing-song tone. she watched him keenly, stroking his hand.

"Obedjience...commjittment....protectjion..."

Her voice got very quiet, though still melodic.

"Would jyou ljike to tell me the trrruth now, Jubei?"

A deep breath, and Kajeela then spoke the "trigger" that would bring Jubei's mind under her domination.

"Noble hearrrt to Mjissstrrresss wake"

Kajeela held her breath..

Jubei SaDherat Vader
    A wave of something indescribable came over Jubei in an instant. A palpable sense of dizziness, vertigo, swam through his mind. It was intoxicating, a heady sensation that caused him to lift a hand to his brow. What was it that brought on this feeling? The Cizerack woman had said something, but he couldn’t quite place what it was. When he tried to think upon it, his mind and focus became fuzzy, as though that thought alone was causing difficulty.

“I…”

The monk sat himself upright, silently repeating a calming verse to right himself.

“Excuse me, my apologies,” he apologized, mentally noting that he should attend the medical ward to see if he had contracted a virus of some kind. “Could you repeat what you just said?”

Kajeela Tarruurri
    The response was not what she had wished and did not please the Director. Her tail twiched back and forth in agitation.

Jubei was strong. Much stronger than he looked. Resilient.

Kajeela had hoped she had broken him, but it did not look as though she had been successful.

Restraining her urge to launch herself from her seat and scratch the eyes out of the nearest Enforcer in order to sooth her disappointment, the felinoid, instead forced a weak smile.

To repeat the trigger may send Jubei into her submission as it was supposed to, but - and this was the danger, it could raise his inner alarm and incite suspicions against her. Seated on a bench in a splendid garden in the middle of the Jedi Order surrounded by forrda was not the most opportune place to be exposed as an enemy.

Kajeela judiciously chose prudence over such a risk.

In a voice heavy with polite concern.

"Arrre jyou unwell, Masssterrr Jedji...jyou look sssudenljy a ljittle grrreen about the gjills"

Jubei SaDherat Vader
    Jubei smiled apologetically, “I am quite well, thank you. I am sure my ailment is nothing fresh air cannot cure.”

Taking a deep breath, he felt the feeling receding from his mind, and balance returning.

“Now, what was it that you were speaking of?”