Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shell games (Daria)

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    James
    At that moment, a figure lept out of the shadows toward Daria. It didnt look like Silus, but there really werent any distinguishable features about it, aside from it being a person, and it was diving at Daria.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Baby.. I may be blind but what I lack in sight I make up for in sensuality ;)

AKA
    Jenny
    Recoiling, Daria shifted so that she was in a position to allow the diving creature to pass her by – and help it along on its way by grabbing at its form and giving a hard push.

TheHolo.Net Poster

And so I'm back, from outer space. You just walked in to find me here with that sad look upon my face

AKA
    James
    Just as the figure was about to hit her, it vanished, literally, in the blink of an eye. Just as quickly as it disappeared, however, it was back, on the opposite side of her, standing a few feet outside of her striking range.

More footsteps were heard, and three more figures approached, one in front of Daria, and two behind heard. All four were completely identical. So far, the illusions seemed to be doing their job. Daria was pretty well distracted. Nearby, Silus sat in the shadows watching his apprentice's reaction.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “Too cowardly to face me all alone?” she spat at the assembled cadre of shadowy figures.

If there was something Daria liked to avoid, it was close combat. She needed time to prepare, and perhaps by baiting them with words she would have time enough to mentally draw up a plan of action.

Just in case, however, both stiletto blades were in her hands with the tips pointed back at the ground.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    The figures paused for a moment, each seemingly studying the Doz'rah. None of them had any visible weapons. Sometimes though, an unarmed opponent can be more unsettling, as one can never be sure just what cards that opponent has to play.

Slowly, the four figures began circling Daria, none coming close, and none backing away, and each staying the same distance from each other as they all moved at the same speed.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Daria remained motionless. There was no sense in lashing out at any of the figures. They may have surrounded her, but as of yet were posing no threat.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "You are weak."

The figures spoke in unison. All except one, who seemed confused that somehow, the other three had a different script. The next moment, the three figures that spoke walked away, seemingly melting into the dark walls of the sewer. Silus was pleased so far. Most people would have completely freaked out by now, and Daria seemed unimpressed. The one figure that was left cowered slightly and turned to walk away, venturing further into the tunnels muttering to himself.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Daria followed carefully. There was something at play here that wasn’t natural.

“Where are you leading me?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "The master awaits you...He will not be pleased with me."

The figure glanced back.

"Maybe he'll take his frustrations out on you, not me."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “I should think you, for not acting as your counterparts did, coward.”

Daria replied derisively, walking ahead, presumably to where the Master was.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "There are no counterparts. We are one of the same. I was to kill you, but I have not the weapons. The master will deal with you swiftly. I do hope you are impatient."

A faint glow of light could be seen from around the corner. There was a small campfire. On the other side of the fire stood a man in a brown cloak. His face was concealed.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Daria approached the campfire, immediately feeling the welcome heat. She took a moment to allow the warmth to bathe over her, and give adequate pause for the cloaked figure to speak. When he did not, she asked:

“Your servant tells me you are to kill me. Why?”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "I thought you would have figured this out already."

From beneath the cloak came an all too familiar voice. The cloaked man reached up, a blue hand gripping the top of his hood, already a faint red glow could be seen underneath. At the moment, Daria was now staring face to face with the man that had brought her to Onderon.

As he let his hood fall back between his shoulder blades, Naj crossed his arms. An almost sadistic smile could be seen on his face.

"Do you really think I would have come here for no reason. As much as I enjoy your company, you've become a risk. It is a pity that the quintuplets didnt kill you earlier, we could have avoided this conversation..."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Daria’s eyes widened slightly. She was taken aback, and despite not dropping her guard she still felt somewhat hurt by what was said.

“… I don’t know what to say. You could have just asked me to leave, if that’s how you feel. Taken me back to Doz’rah,” she added, with a hint of bitterness in her voice.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "No no, id rather deal with you now, then have to worry about looking over my shoulder for you."

Naj reached inside his cloak and removed a vibroblade, then started around the fire towards Daria.

"I'll be sure to thank your 'teacher' for leading you to me...."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Daria dipped as though into a crouch, snapping back up to her feet fluidly in an instant – stilettos now drawn from her boot sheaths.

“You made the mistake of teaching me how to control my abilities, Naj. Don’t make me break you. I don’t want to break you.”

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    "Dont worry, you wont have too. This will all be over with soon enough."

The Chiss' disposition became more aggressive as he slowly, methodically, eased toward Daria....

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    As Naj approached, Daria prepared, and then like a tightly wound spring uncoiled. Her right hand, holding the knife with the blade pointing downwards, raked out in a scything motion through the air – aiming to tear right at Naj’s upper torso.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    James
    Naj made no movement to dodge Daria's attack. Instead he only broadened the smile across his face as the blade swiped through him as if he were thin air...

"Nice form, and the drama....It nearly brought a tear to my eye."

Naj let out a slight laugh. It had most likely become obvious to Daria at this point that something wasnt right, and that suspition was further confermed when Naj faded away right before her very eyes. As Naj faded away, out of the corner of her eye, Silus began to fade into sight.

"You know, for a minute there you had me worried. But I had faith in you, and you reacted well. The only thing I would have done different......I would have cut him open before I started asking questions....But, you seem to care more for him than I do."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    “He helped me. I have to afford him that small courtesy of a last word before tearing him down.”

Silus was certainly more powerful than she’d thought him to be. She’d never seen Naj create people out of thin air. He must have had some strength of the mind… perhaps one day she would be able to do such things too.

“You have to put some trust and faith in your comrades if you expect to receive any in return.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast