TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine

busting your clutch sucks

the title pretty much says it all.

i accidentally downshifted to 2nd instead of 4th at 60 mph; 'nuff said. Thankfully i was almost home, and so the tow was only 30 bucks, but still. DAMNIT. that car is my life. without it i have no way to get to work; i have to rely on others. and the thing is, i'd been having a good day. oh well. at least my neighbor will fix it if i get the parts, and those wont hurt me a whole awful lot.

my flywheel is in pieces, and its looking like ima have to get the partitions or whatever theyre called replaced; im pretty sure the trany is fine, its just the clutch. but still. DAMNIT.

i = teh suk

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    2nd instead of 4th, eat tranny, every day. That blows. In the Civic that my family owns you'd really have to shove it into 2nd, I guess your gearbox is a little more forgiving.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

this is my car

its an '88 acura integra; a good little car that has plenty of life to it. and i plan on keeping it around for a good long time

I did that once. Luckily nothing screwed up.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Integras are Acuras = Hondas, which means they basically last forever with basic maintiance. Nice car.

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

yes 'tis

i love it, and dont plan on getting another in a good long while

Marcus Telcontar
    If your flywheel is in bits, then that's a good deal worse than a clutch plate and a pressure plate assembly. Then, that's major. I bet it was the clutch plate. I HOPE it was the clutch plate

imported_J'ktal Anajii
    I remember when the clutch in my Mazda went out. Ugh, I was pissed... and it was expensive, too.

I feel your pain, s'Il. I feel it all too well, and I'm really sorry. Clutch blowing blows.

ow...I'm sorry s'Il....that can't be fun at all.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    YUK poor s'Il! Hope your neighbor can fix it!

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

thanks guys ^_^

paul was with me when it happened, and said he was surprised i wasn't freaking out. he expected me to be all stressed out and stuff. my thing is, accidents and crap like this happen, and when they do, theres nothing you can do about it. the nice thing is that we're in the south, and southern people are awesome. we had like, 8 people stop and see if we were alright. one lady let me use her cellphone to call my boss, and another guy let paul use his to call some friends. and get this. a towtruck pulled up, and the guy offered to tow me back to the house for 30 bucks. i swear, if we'd been in cali, no one woulda stopped, and a truck wouldnt have showed up for over an hour. i love the south!

and thankfully it wont be too expensive; i can get a new clutch for 90, and like i said; my neighbor tony is gonna fix it

get this, all he wants in payment is a burned cd

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    get this, all he wants in payment is a burned cd
    I wish I lived in the south =/

People in Missouri are nice too, from what I've heard.

Everybody should live near me, so um...I wouldn't have to drive forever to see people. Southern hospitality > all the "bad" things people think the South is about.

Oh, and if you don't like sweet tea, you should be shot in the genitals.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Originally posted by Agent Charley
    Southern hospitality > all the "bad" things people think the South is about.
    Only to be followed by...

Oh, and if you don't like sweet tea, you should be shot in the genitals.

you funny ha ha.

I shredded a transmission a couple of years ago. I too feel your pain, s'Il.

Hope things get fixed for your car, s'Il.

As for me, this is why I'll never drive a manual and why I refuse to even buy one (even though I'm gonna be getting me a muscle car). Say what you will, but I must get what I feel most comfy with... and that'd be an automatic.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    -Bashes head on desk- WHAT IS IT WITH MOST OF YOU WOMEN AND AUTOMATIC CARS!?!?!?

Unless its CVT, auto = terrible losses in the drivetrain, worse fuel effiency, and absolute hell if it breaks. Mrhs;jfdlfdkldsf;lajsdf

Dark Lord Dyzm
    Southern Hospitality does sound good...

If I break down on the road, all I get is laughed at, and an empty Starbucks cup thrown at me. Oh, and lets not forget that Racist Chinese Quickstop guy refusing to let me use his phone and making me walk another mile to an Texaco...

Automatic is ok for a car that goes from point A to point B and thats really all you want, but an automatic sports car? You've lost your mind.

Marcus Telcontar
    Automatic in ANY car?

EWWWWWWWWW!

Can it. Not everybody wants to hump a clutch and shift gears. For performance issues, sure, but that isn't everything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast