Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another sports journalist bangs on SW fans...

Diego Van Derveld
    I have no respect for film critics, whatsoever...but if you're going to make your profession off something like that, then I expect you to stick to your niche.

I've always wanted to be in the circus! Then I could hang out and perform with all the other geeks. Especially the ones who handed out towels to the football players in HS and then later on devoted their professional careers to glorifying and covering the guys they use to help towel off. Is there anything cooler than a former waterboy who now edits a sports section? WHY CAN'T I HAVE HIS LIFE?!

JonathanLB

hahaha

Now Jedieb shows us what good sarcasm is. That is classic.

"I have no respect for film critics, whatsoever...but if you're going to make your profession off something like that, then I expect you to stick to your niche."

Well that is your right and your opinion, I cannot apparently change that despite my reasoned argument.

I do not intend to become a professional film critic at any point in my life, though I do aim to become a professional film expert and historian, or theorist, or whatever words you would like to use. Primarily, though, I want to use my critical abilities and knowledge to enhance my capacity and potential as a director. So I'm not offended by your statement as I do not honestly consider myself a "critic" as much as a scholar of film, and by that I mean someone who is studying film, not someone who literally has the knowledge yet. I'm just a young apprentice of the art

Sene Unty
    What a schmuck.

Doesn't this guy realize he is a nobody? He is writing a sports column for a newspaper in Talladega?!?!?! I mean give me a break! They have an ad on the front page for Mike's Army Surplus. Who the hell is he trying to impress?

Diego Van Derveld
    SonufaBITCH! I didn't know he was from Alabama till you said that

Dammit to hell, there's always at least one to give us all a bad name.

Sene Unty

Well I didn't mean to insult Alabama. That is funny as hell though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12