Thread: The Beauty of Sundown (Rognan, closed)

Ki-Adi Kindo

The Beauty of Sundown (Rognan, closed)

It was a breezy, late afternoon, about the time in which the suns would descend below the horizon and allow night to set in. It had to be the most beautiful sight to behold, and one not many people stopped to observe. They were always tangled in business and work that the thought of admiring a sunset completely slipped their minds, however it's glory wasn't missed by Jedi Knight Kindo.

He just stood there, silent and contemplative. He treasured a sundown more than most, after all, he had grown up watching them. He and his father after a long day, would rest on the balcony of the palace and view the brilliant sight all while having a good chat with each other. He also watched the sun set when he first entered the Order, to be exact, his very first day there. He walked outside and watched the suns fall beneath the Arcan limit, and he knew right at that moment that he was destined to be a Jedi.

He contiuned to do this because whatever had happened any day, whether it was good or bad and to whatever extent, he always felt a soothing stillness whenever he gazed out toward the sundown. It just always brought a genuine smile to his face, and hope to his heart.

Tonight was like those nights, but just slightly different. Tonight his Padawan was with him. Now Rognan would get the chance to appreciate the same splendor that he had admired for so long.

Kindo continued glaring up to the vast array of colors above, something alike a priceless painting or a pleasant dream. It was truly breathtaking.

This late afternoon was diffrent then all the ones he had before. He was with his master, a kind hearted, caring man, that was helping him through his time as a Jedi.

Rognan was standing to Ki Adi's right, a step behind though. But it didn't matter where you stood, the site was still the same. The sun setting was beautiful indeed, though Rognan was alway at peace in the pale light of the moon, this was breathtakeing.

He hadn't seen a sun set in years, not since he was unexcepted by the other kids on his home planet. He judged him because he was diffrent, mostly because he could learn faster then most kids, and sometimes move faster. But that didn't matter here, here he was excepted and happy, hopefully it would last.

Rognan stood there, dumbfounded by the sun. He closed his eye's and felt the warm light of the setting sun, rest on his face.

Ki-Adi Kindo
    " Do you often think of how you were outcasted on your home planet? "

Kindo spoke without taking his eyes off the remarkable scenery unfolding above. All the muscles in his body were relaxed, and his breaths long. Though mind-probing was one of the abilities he couldn't use has well has others, however when all was quiet and peaceful, it came easy to him.

Rognan opened his eye's and turned to look at Kindo, he thought that there was something strange was going on in his head, but put the thought away when he heard the question. He thought back to his childhood, and fought back tears as he remembered his life that he almost forgot. He closed his eye's again and spoke, his voice catching now and then.

"Yes...I do think about it sometimes. It was the worst time in my life...I didn't have any friends, noone to talk to, noone to share what was going on with my life.....But...I did have Yarden, my Wevicat, and she is still with me. She's the only one that really cares about my, even if she is over protective." Rognan laughed fantly, his head bowed down, thinking of his Yarden and how she never turned his away.

"My family got Yarden for a pet when I was three, just barely old enough to understand what she was. I was walking by then, with this force speed thing, it seems like it is almost perminate with me, and I dont understnad it. It just makes me learn faster, thats how I was walking at such a young ago, my parents couldn't believe it.

Anyway, as I was growing up, I was always the youngest in school, learning things faster then normal kids my age, and sometimes I could run faster then the older boys, and they didn't like that much. I tried to make friends with them but they thought I was too good for them and all. I even tried with the ones my age, but they turned me away faster then the older one's, same reason but much heigh.

So Yarden has been my friend since a child and is still with me. She didn't think I wa strange for being who I was, and that has been the most wonderful thing that has happened to me since coming here. Here everyone is like me, all being able to do amasing things." Rognan said taking a deep beath, and relaxed. The tears were gone and he lifted his head back up, opening his moist eye's, looked back at the last light of the sun.

Ki-Adi Kindo
    Kindo finally mustered up the will to take his eyes off the skies as he turned to face Rognan. Placing his hand upon his Padawan's shoulder, he gave a light yet authentic smile.

" No one here thinks badly of you, Rognan, because you're among friends, well actually, family. Don't let the past effect what you do now. Rise above every bad thought and insult any of those kids who didn't understand you, rise to a greater cause, and that is defending the one thing that binds us all together, peace. "

Rognan nodded his head a few times, feeling comforted by the touch on his shoulder. Though he would never forget his past, he was now more focused on the future.

"Thank you Master, you dont know how much that means to me." He looked at his Master, wiped his eye's and smiled.

"Did you ever feel like this? Have you ever felt alone?"

Ki-Adi Kindo
    Kindo took his hand off Rognan's shoulder as he turned to face the sunset once again. It wasn't certain if he was ignoring the question he was asked or not, but the answer to that soon became evident.

" Few weeks after my father passed away, I'd never felt more alone. It was has if Serenno itself had fell on my shoulders, and quite frankly I couldn't carry it... "

He grew quiet for a second or two, his eyes still fixed on the now darkened atmosphere.

" ...but peace found its way into my heart, and all was well. "

Rognan felt sorry for Kindo's lose, but didn't know what to say. But he did wonder about this peace that he talked about.

"I'm sorry about your father, but how did you find peace?"