I sat in my room crying. I could see the others, but I chose to ignore them for now. My wife had left me, but they did not know. I decided that it was finally time to tell them. I stood and wiped the hair out of my face. My cape came to a halt in the air, and my white pale face was stained with tears.

I told them with as much strength as I could, "I have an announcement to make my friends. As you know Kaytor and I were recently married. Following our marriage she went and researched her clan for three months. Tonight she returned," I began to cry again,"and left again. For what I think will be eternity. She is gone, and I feel empty. I gave her my necklace and kissed her before she left. I could not be more distraught over the matter. So I ask you as friends to please help me through my hard times." I tried to give a smile, "Please my friends." I stood with my head hanging low and the ring from our wedding on my finger. One of my tears fell onto the diamond rose, and my heart felt a great pain. She was gone, and something told me she was never coming back.

Tears streamed onto the floor from my face, and I could feel myself breathing in spurts.