Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patience (open)

Kurzen Fox

Patience (open)

Sitting, rather restlessly, I watched as the crowds of people passed by. Everyone was so intent and knew their purpose and destination so well, and I had no doubts that most of them frequented this place at least once every day. I couldn’t blame them really – it seemed to be a haven for the Jedi, a quiet Elysium where they could retreat to discuss debate and indulge themselves in good company.

I was alone for the time being, though it did not surprise me. I had only just arrived here, amongst the ranks of light bringers, and was new to the customs and indeed the faces. Hopefully soon, I thought, a member might approach me, seeing my rather lost expression.

Maia Tharrinn
    Maia entered the bar and grill looking around for familiar faces. She had just finished training and wanted some company. Her eyes happened on a young man that she had not seen before. His forlorn appearance tugged at her heart. She remembered when she had first arrived the GJO how lost and alone she had felt.

Approaching the table she smiled gently. "Hello there my name is Maia. Are you new to the GJO?"

Kurzen Fox
    How fortunate that someone had noticed me so quickly! I looked up with a broad smile into the face of the one who had just introduced herself to me and felt my throat cave inwards. It was rare that I had come into the paths of such attractive women before, and as of yet I was not adept in dealing with them. For a moment I simply showed a silly grin, and then eventually managed a croaky:

“Hi.”

I held out one gloved hand up to her and motioned for her to sit if she wished, if not then a simple hand shake would do. I must have had that ‘new guy’ look about me.

“I’m Kurzen, and yup… I’m new here. Very nice to meet you Maia!”

Maia Tharrinn
    Maia sat in the offered chair a grateful smile on her face. "It's a pleasure to meet you Kruzen. I had thought to be dining alone when I didnt see any of my friends, so the offer is appreciated. I have been here for some time now and I'm sure you will find it very easy to meet friends. Everyone here is basically great."

Maia ordered her usual fruit juice from the passing droid. "I have some really great Padawans I can introduce you to, if you would like?" She said with a grin...

Kurzen Fox
    I nodded to show my interest in her words, and listened very carefully to what she said. The statement about ‘Padawan’s threw me off guard somewhat, however. I confessed mentally that I had no idea what they were, though the fact that Maia apparently owned some suggested they were a pet of some sort.

“Padawan’s? They don’t have much fur do they? I’m sort of allergic to animal fur,” I replied with a nervous laugh.

Maia Tharrinn
    Maia raised both her eyebrows at his statement and then let out a laugh. "I do not mean to laugh but to think of my students as furry animals is funny. Well, no uh they are the young Jedi I train. When you first arrive here you are accepted into the order as a padawan and a knight like myself or a master is assigned or your pick." Maia leaned back slightly amazed that he did not know what a padawan was. "Where are you from Kruzen?" She had at first glance taken him to be a new member of the order....

Kurzen Fox
    “Oh…”

I felt the red come to my cheeks as it dawned on me that a Padawan was not a house trained animal, but infact the terminology used to describe students amongst the Jedi. A quick glance down to rid myself of some of the embarssment and I laughed, before turning back up to Maia once more.

“Where am I from? I was born on a planet named Lianna… it’s on the run to Coruscant, past Hapes and Taanab, small planet. Nice place though. Sort of. Where do you come from?”

I paused, and then added as an after thought, “You’re a Knight?”

How feudal.

I left my light saber with one of the guards started for the bar when I heared someone laugh, I spotted who had laughed she was talking to a young man I had never seen before, I had not met them before so I walked over to them to introduce my self "Hello my name is Kyle Krogen Im a jedi padawan of the GJO do you mind if I join you?" I said with a warm smile

Maia Tharrinn
    Maia patted Kruzen's hand and smiled. "I didnt mean to embarrasses you. My family always traveled a lot so I am truly from no where in particular. My life kind of started when I came here and found a family. This place has given a lot to me." She gave the bar a fond look.

"Yes, I am a Jedi Knight and it has been such a pleasure being one. I have been blessed with wonderful padawans." At that word Maia's eyes sparkled with mischief.

Maia turned to the young man who approached the table a ready smile on her face. "A pleasure to meet you Kyle. I do not mind if you join us but it is up to Kruzen here since I kind of forced my way into his company as it is."

Kurzen Fox
    “Hey there Kyle,” I replied to the new arrival with a broad grin, before looking back to Maia as she spoke.

I smiled to her and nodded, chuckling at our final words.

“Sure, join us. We were just discussing where we’re from – how bout you, Kyle? Where’re your roots?”

"I lived with my step parents on Coruscant, I left to come here to train in the ways of the jedi" I said looking at Kurzen then to Maia.

"Do you want something to eat? I said with a smile

Maia Tharrinn
    Maia grinned back. She had always loved meeting new people.

"Yes I think I will order something. Everything here is very good and they spoil us rotten." Maia motioned a droid over and ordered.

"Are you thinking of joining the GJO Kruzen?"

Kurzen Fox
    I grinned, and felt welcome – the hospitality of the two Jedi was better than any I’d ever experienced anywhere else, infact I was sure they were treating me better than even my own family ever had!

“Oh yes, I definitely am going to join! I can’t wait to start learning about the Jedi!” I squeaked excitedly.

“Order? Oh, oh! Can I have a cordial or something? And hmm, food, well… a nice big juicy steak wouldn’t go a miss!”

"Ok I'll pay for you two" I said to Kurzen and Maia then turning to the droid "I'll have a a steak as well and a glass of water"I put down some credits and the droid left to get our order "So your going to join the order thats great maybe we can train together sometime."

Kurzen Fox
    “That’d be cool,” I paused, pondering.

“So you guys all train together? What do you train? To use firearms and stuff like that?”

Maia Tharrinn
    Maia thanked Kyle for paying for her meal before answering Kruzen. "We do train together. Padawans sometimes have spars with each other. Either hand to hand or saber training. As a knight I have the privilege to train Padawans and teach them the ways of the Jedi. Each Padawans is assigned a master or they can request one. The most important thing is everyone helps each other." Maia smiled, she had come to love her family at the GJO and the peace she had found around them....

Kurzen Fox
    I nodded almost idiotically as I listened to the wise words of the Jedi Knight. As she mentioned a saber, I retrieved my own – a gift from Hakob – and waggled it about towards her, before quickly stuffing it away into my pocket as one of the guards on the door eyed me suspiciously.

“Wow.. I can’t wait to start training. I wonder who will be my Master,” I said wistfully, then adding in a rather eager tone,

“Do you think you will be?!”

"Yeah, for real. Gotta get someone to fill my spot on Maia's Padawan Dream Team!"

Maia Tharrinn
    Maia was about to answer Kruzen when Zeke appeared. Turning she grinned. "No one could ever fill your spot Zeke. Kruzen, Kyle this is Zeke. He was just knighted and he was my padawan." Maia scooted over so Zeke could sit down.

"There are many masters here that can train you Kruzen and It is up to you who you want. Every teacher offers there own insight into the force and would be proud to have you as a padawan."

Kurzen Fox
    I gave a friendly salute to the newly arrived man named Zeke, and looked up to him with a smile – so he was a Jedi Knight too?

“Lots of masters huh? I can’t wait to meet some of the others around here and get started.”

My mind wandered a moment as I looked back to Maia, though I caught myself before I looked too stupid.

“Hey, is there a place to stay around here? I mean, I don’t exactly have an apartment or anything here… so I’m not sure how I’ll be able to attend.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast