Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retaking Imperial Center

Darth Viscera

Retaking Imperial Center

Thyferra/Imperial Center Front:

There will be a rendevous between one Lambda-class shuttle, and the 4 cloakable ships of the Gator Navy. This rendevous will take place at Thyferra. The Lambda-class shuttle will be piloted by an Imptel operative. The four ships will each fire a small carbonite-coated interlink tug line at the Lambda-class shuttle. The tug lines have been tested, and can stand up to the strain of hyperspace/realspace travel. The tug lines will be about 3 inches in diameter, and will transmit sensor readings, navicomp readings, engine readings, basically a reading on all the shuttles' systems. This way, the Gator Navy ships will be able to tell when the hyperdrive on the shuttle is powering down, so no one collides.

The four ships and the shuttle will then enter hyperspace for Imperial Center. When they exit hyperspace, the IIHQ operative will transmit the code clearance to enter the planetary shield and land on Imperial Center. There will be a bit of a plot complication, as a small convoy of YT-2400 light transports will fly past the shuttle, grazing the tow cables, nearly cutting them.

For several minutes, the crew on all ships will hold their breaths, then everything will be fine. The Gator Navy ships will proceed into the atmosphere of Imperial Center, but they will maintain position high in the ionosphere, so that no airspeeders/aircabs will crash into them.

If an outbound ship is on a course directly towards the gator navy ships, the gator navy ships will avoid them with evasion maneuvers. The IIHQ shuttle will lead two of the Gator Navy ships towards the first planetary shield, while another IIHQ shuttle will launch and lead the other two gator navy ships towards the second planetary shield.

At this point, the four Gator Navy ships will await the signal. When the signal comes, the four gator navy ships will open fire on the planetary shield generators, destroying them. At this point, fleets 1-3 of the Galactic Military Alliance will arrive in-system, thereby catching them with their pants down. About 20% of the fleets' ships-the larger ones-will actually move towards the planet and engage enemy forces, while the remaining 80% of the ships will hold back in reserve. Fleet commanders are only to call for reinforcements if ABSOLUTELY NEEDED.

GJO considers our fleet a god-mode fleet, so we can this counter this assumption by using less ships.

At this time, I will open communications on all frequencies, and say,
    "Surrender Imperial Center immediately. Your shields are down, and we do not wish to conduct another slaughter. Leave peacefully, and preserve your forces to fight another day."

They will either withdraw, or stay to fight.

If they stay to fight, we can beat them, as they are outmatched and outgunned. We will go to full attack, and slaughter them.

If they withdraw, then good for us. We just averted another plot complication.

After a brief planetary bombardment of all remaining rebel bases detectable by our sensors, we will land on the planet and occupy it. GMA will take one half, Nexus will take the other half, which will include the Imperial Palace and InviSec, as I have previously promised Director Isard.

Borleias/Imperial Center Front:

Another thread will be created, entitled, "Battle of Borleias". This will be to fool the Jedi about where we intend to fight, as we will not actually be striking at Borleias. Rather, we will plant our forces there for a while, then, once we have received the following code message from the IIHQ shuttle:

"What a murky, godawful day."

We will enter hyperspace for Imperial Center. That message indicates that the Gator Navy ships have entered the planetary shield of Imperial Center, and will soon destroy the shields. In the meantime, the TGE forces which occupy Borleias will not attack us, as Gue seeks an alliance with us, and I will inform him via MSN Messenger that I pose no threat to him over there. "If you value a future alliance with us," I will say, "You will not attack us at Borleias, and you will not accompany us to Imperial Center, for that planet is ours (Nexus' and the GMA's) to conquer."

Hopefully, he will not attack us at this point, and we will continue to Imperial Center as planned. If he does attack us, however, we will battle him until we receive the signal, at which point we will enter hyperspace for the short ride to Imperial Center. We have numerical superiority over Gue.

[c]---Main briefing concluded---[/c]

Any questions need to be dealt with now, before the battle starts.

Gormul Hyfe
    OOC: Darien doesn't have to do anything, does he?

Darth Viscera
    No. Darien is still on leave.

Gormul Hyfe
    Ok. I hate being on leave. It's poopie.

Viscera, check your mail. I just signed up for a hotmail account.

Emporer Hades
    ...this is more of a personal matter, but it still fits in with this battle. I see that you have made fleets 1-3 the fleets that will be involved with this battle...I would like to know, as captain, will I be captain to 1 particular ship or small groups of ships in 1 fleet? Or will the ship(s) I captain be changed? I will want the answer to these questions, but the reason it involves this battle is basically: will I be participating in this battle?

Gormul Hyfe
    Nice sig, Hades. Did Isard make that?

DarthPoreon
    I currently have no objections to the plot.

Lucious Zaarin
    Throws open the doors and walks in.

"Isard has informed me to contact you about this. What are my orders?"

Darth Viscera
    Zaarin, read the other thread concering you and Mali.

Hades, you will command the Eclipse-Class star destroyer Courscan Sentinel in Vice Diktat Piett's 3rd Fleet.

Eclipse Star Destroyers are often referred to as ESDs, have one superlaser, 50 squadrons of starfighters, about 1,000 turbolaser and other weapons batteries, and are 16.5km long.

Emporer Hades
    Gormul-Actually, I made this sig, thanks for the compliment on it.

Viscera-Okay, great, thanks, now I have a chance to prove myself in battle. One more thing, when aproximately does this mission procede?

Gormul Hyfe
    It has started, sorta. Just keep you're eye out for any posts made by any members of GMA, IIHQ, or the Nexus in general.

Emporer Hades
    One more thing...where will this be taking place(TGC or SWfans)...and what is the actual battle post going, or already, called, not the dummy post to lure the enemies.

DarthPoreon
    SWFans, I am presuming

Darth Viscera
    It's taking place in the following threads:

A Stalwart Foe

The Battle for Borleias

Emporer Hades
    I will await outside the battle field there for the Vice Diktat's order in the barage of ships outside the atmosphere...

Darth Viscera
    I've devoted 1/3 of every fleet from 1-3 to cover Yavin so now counterattack can be made from there.

Emporer Hades
    Another question
    -When is Zaarin planning on proceding so we can start this whole battle up?

Darth Viscera
    He's planning on proceeding 3 days ago.

Emporer Hades
    Hah...it seems like Qui took care of this time-delay problem...seems like the games are about to begin...

GuardPiett
    Viscera, contact me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast