Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Admin powers

Lord Dagger

Admin powers

I would appreciate it if whoever thought it would be amussing to remove my admin powers would tell me, either here or in private (e-mail = SithLordDagger@AOL.com AIM = SithLordDagger ) why they thought this would be a good idea, and what probeblem they have with me, the same goes for anyone else, if you have a problem with me don't sneak about behind my back, tell me to my face. thankyou

Gav Mortis

Re: Admin powers

I would like to notify that Dagger is not the only individual who has had their Admin Powers taken away and Individual X, who shall remain nameless has committed this on what I feel are unjust grounds. This issue needs to be resolved fast people.

Lady DeVille

I have been occupied with finals and MOVING...and return to also find that MY admin powers have been revoked.

What is going on? I'm not being hostile, just curious. However, if someone wants an IC fight, I'll bring it.

edit: As I am on a rather slow connection, I have now tried to check the SSC and the Council Room... no access. Again, very curious. Is this an IC or an OOC thing going on? Because I'm not sure. Also, no AIM right now, so if any one is online, and knows answers, I'd appreciate them posting them here.

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa

I don't have all the answers at present, but its an IC thing, from what I do know.

Lord Dagger

i fail to see how OOC admin powers have anything what so ever to do with IC, sheesh and i get acused of muddling the two

Lady DeVille

Ok, LL, I thought you were on the council? I know LD resigned, so IC it sort of makes sense to be locked out. I would have appreciated notice, though. But Dagger? I'm confused as to why he would be IC, since no one really knows if he's helping me, or if I'm dead or alive or if he's bringing LD back or not. In fact, no one from TSO has tried to keep tabs on LD, which is amusing.

Lord Dagger

i could even make a very educated guess as to who did it, even though no one will tell me who....i think we need to talk LD, in private...

Darth Viscera

my word! Dagger! There will be time for that after you've discussed your admin status.

: men

Lady DeVille

Viscera, sorry about the "meow" thingy...I put that the day you were running around with your little pus- KITTY. *ahem*

Dagger, I think you have access to my private study on Fear's Womb, so go there please. Ok?

I'm not going to be on much longer...flying to Oklahoma tomorrow. Anyone live in Phoenix AZ? I have an hour layover there....*sigh* changing planes will be scary!

Darth Viscera

Language LD! My innocent ears cannot take such profanity!

: women

Lady Vader

OOC: you'll be fine LD... we'll miss ya... sorry we weren't able to get together before your departure... I so wanted to... well, there's always next time, and there WILL be a next time

have a safe flight!

as to SSC access, both Dagger and LD have it back... LD's access to the Council was taken away because she resigned from the Council... as to Dagger's access to the Council, I reinstated it, but it's possible that EZ just didn't register it... I'll check again...

Lady DeVille

Ok, good to hear. Yeah, i was disappointed about Disneyland not happening. BUT I went to the beach and got my legs sunburned so badly...well, the back of my thighs are still really tender, and I'm red like a lobster.

How about Admin? Gone for good?

Jeseth Cloak

Hm... I also had my SSC access revoked, as of only a week or two ago. I haven't really mentioned it before though.

Live Wire

I dont know anything about jeseths ssc access being revoked...that could just be a glitch or the fact that the password was changed...at least I think it was changed. who knows! I'll look into that one for ya.

But as far as admin powers they are not an OOC thing. To some degree yes they are an OOC responsibility cause you do things like titles blah blah blah, but for the most part they are IC. They were given on the basis of IC responsibility and so when that responsibility was revoked then the admin powers get taken away. If they were based on OOC only then you could theoretically have a jedi as an admin at your board! Think about it as much as people whine about mods and admins being an OOC thing they are the quickest ones to revoke powers if someone turns or what not. Get realistic people! -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- if I turned jedi I would expect to be out of locked forums and my admin powers revoked within the hour!

LD did resign and thus forfieted the power.....dagger violated one of the basic rules of TSO the one prohibiting unprovoked intersith fighting. And so he was punished for his actions. If dagger wishes to contest this ruling then he can ask for permision back into the council chamber and he can address this issue cause yes its all IC! No ones taking this OOC okay! So I urge you to leave it IC!

I dunno how much I'll be on in the evenings cause its concert week here at school and I've got tons to do but I'll be on in the morning!

Lord Dagger

hey woah, hold on a minute, intersith fighting, i think not, i'd like a link to the thread where this "happened" if you don't mind.... becuase i'm willing to bet you haven't got one

Lady Vader

what about when you threatened my life twice?... when you challenged me?... any of these ring a bell?...

Gav Mortis

Well I'm not gonna take sides but in all honesty if we're gonna nitpick here then why don't we take into account the nature of a Sith. Sith are supposed to be aggressive and full of negativity. Therefore, how could LV, you're character, expect there to be peace and harmony all the time?

Quite a contradiction if you ask me. IC we should be able to tolerate each others egotistical, beligorant attitudes as it is expected and as a result pay them no mind.

Dagger was acting as most Sith would; he can't get what he wants so he's gonna make idle, beligorant remarks in one of his little temper tantrums as we all do because looking at it objectively, Sith really can act like a bunch of whining, spoilt brats when they want!

So he might have made a contraversial remark IC. But Admin powers are not an IC privilage so lets not use them in such a way. If you have a problem with a fellow members attitude stand up to them IC, no more of this OOC nonsense. The example Live Wire used of a Jedi being an Admin here is exagerrated because Dagger is not a Jedi and therefore common sense must prevail!

Otherwise we are gonna start losing trust here on an OOC level which is as you will all agree no good!

Lecture over. You are free to have your lunch break!

Lord Psychic

Yes, I think we've all had enough OOC mixing with IC ever since the closing days of TSC.

Jeseth Cloak

I agree with Gav. Him and I tend to meet eye to eye on alot of these kind of points, it seems.

Lady DeVille

I also agree with Gav. I'm not a Jedi. I am trustworthy OOC. IC, I don't think any of you should trust LD farther than you can throw her, but of course, no one is reacting to her IC anymore. And that was an OOC comment, so no overreacting to her now. Ok?

I fail to see why I should have my admin status revoked. But, barring having it replaced, why aren't I even a mod anymore? I didn't even do much, except put all the links up, and move OOC threads, and change titles. So....?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast