Thread: Buying my first ship.

Sten the Chimp

Buying my first ship.

Is there a rent to own program. I'm a little short on cash, and I want a ship like Boba Fett's. Do you think you could help me?

Nichos Marr
    "Well...we don't really have a rent system. But I believe you are looking for 'Kuat System's Engineering limited-production, high-speed Firespray-class ship'. I don't think we build those here. I believe they stopped making them."

Nichos pulls out a datapad and scorlls down.

"You could try for a 'MandalMotors Pursuer enforcement ship' which is very similar, yet it doesn't have as much features as the one that Boba Fett owns."

He types for a few seconds.

"Unfortunately, it does cost a lot...any other ships you had in mind?"

Sten the Chimp
    How 'bout a V-Wing?

Nichos Marr
    That would be 50K and one day. It should be done by tomorrow. And since this is your first time buying a ship here, I'll cut the price in half...how does that sound?

Sten the Chimp
    "Okie-day. Finally, I have a ship! Thanks for the help. And, I happen to have 25K on me, so here you go!"

::Hands Nichos the 25K. Hops in the V-Wing. He sinks into the cockpit seats.

"Very nice! Very nice indeed! Thanks! And come back to help me with the Garden sometime!"

::Hits the button to start the engine. It hums to life, and he hits the ignition, and the sleekly built V-Wing, with modified Gatling blasters, and a very powerful engine, soars into the air. Sten waves goodbye to Nichos just before he activates the hyperdrive and zips into hyperspace.

Nichos Marr
    Nichos thinks for a moment holding the briefcase full of credits.

"What in the Sith am I going to do with 25 K..."

General Dodonna
    You idiots! V-Wings are airspeeders-they don't have sublight drives OR hyperdrives!

:: Watches the chimp's ship crash back onto land and shakes his head. ::

Now that's a shame.

Sten the Chimp
    ::Climbs out of the wrecked ship and finds himself intact.

"OOPS. Well, I better fix it. Can a sublight or hyperdrive engine be put in? And if so, can you help me with it?"

Nichos Marr
    "You'd have to ask Dodonna."

Sten the Chimp
    Mr. Dodonna, is it possible to put a sublight or hyperdrive engine into a V-Wing?

General Dodonna
    "Hardly. You'd be better off to purchase an E-Wing or X-Wing."

Sten the Chimp
    What does an E-Wing look like (besides an "E")? Can you show me a pic of one?

General Dodonna
    Imagine an X-Wing, but without the two upper wings. In their place is a single cannon which struts out from the fuselage.

Sten the Chimp
    In your own opinion, which is better? V-Wing or E-Wing.