Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artemis Jinn's Training

Artemis Jinn

Artemis Jinn's Training

*Artemis enters the academy and waits for her master Hart Kenobi. She opens her mind and lets the Force wash over her.*

Hart Kenobi

Re: Artemis Jinn's Training

::Hart strides in.::

Hello Artemis, I am Hart Kenobi, Jedi Knight of the Greater Jedi Order. I have been informed that we will be training together.
    This is basically just an introduction into the Star Wars RP universe. If at any point along your journey you are in need of assistance or guidance, feel free to ask me or any of the Jedi Masters who frequent the academy. My AIM is Hart Kenobi as well
    There is no need for our relationship to be strict and I am not a micro-manager when it comes to training, so feel free to experiment for yourself and find you own identity and develop your own character.
    *smiles* Are you ready to begin your training Artemis? When you are, I'll start off with a few questions.

1. Can you tell me about your past, why you decided to join the Jedi, and the goals of you future?
    2. Describe what the Force is to you.
    3. What area of the Jedi Experience do you wish to center on? (ex. history, fighting, meditation, philosophy)

Let me warn you that sacrifice comes along with becoming a Jedi. I'm sure that you don't need this warining but it's standard. Jedi are expected to act in a model fashion (in IC roleplays at least, OOC is where we have fun) and you must follow the Jedi Honor Code which you will see throughout this board.

Artemis Jinn

As ready as I'll ever be.

1. My parents were killed by the Empire, and I was taken to be trained as a StormTrooper when I was very young. They thought they could brainwash me, and they told me that my parents had died on a mission for the Empire. But as I grew older, my Force abilities grew somewhat stronger and I sensed they were lying. When I confronted them, they reacted violently.

*Artemis pauses to show a deep scar on her arm.*

I ran away, and have been searching for a home ever since.

2. The Force to me is more of a living thing than something merely to be controlled. It can be found in all beings, yet stronger in others. I don't have much experiance controlling the Force, I just let it wash over me. I believe that the Force can become Light or Dark depending on what the Force user feels.

3. I think some fighting skills would be nice, and I also want to get more in tune to the Force, and learn how to manipulate things with it.

Hart Kenobi

::Hart's eyes turned sad.::

"I'm very sorry what about what happened to your family. Many of us here understand what you have went through."

::Hart gives a crooked smile.::

"Fate is funny that way, especially to us Jedi."

::Hart's head rises, his eyes meeting Artemis'.::

"But even though we hold so much emotion and turmoil inside, we must stay true to the light. It may be hard, and it may be impossible, but to reach the next level, you must first forgive those who hurt you. Do you?"

Artemis Jinn

*Artemis wondered if she could ever forgive the Imperials. She knew that as a Jedi you couldn't go around killing people from your past, but she never knew you actually had to forgive them. She was silent for awhile, trying to calm the emotions rising in her. Artemis could see no reason why the Empire should be forgiven. However, she told herself it was what her parents would have wanted.*

Yes, I forgive them, although I don't agree with their actions.

Edit: TTT

Hart Kenobi

"Very good, then we will commence with the training.
    We'll start off with a basic mind exercise: telekinesis.

Over by the tree, I have placed 5 stones. You will have free artistic expression over them. Perhaps how you "play" with them will tell me a little more about you.

Now remember, don't try visualizing the stones themselves. Concentrate in the Force within them. Only that part of it can you manipulate."

Artemis Jinn

*Artemis closed her eyes for a second, reaching out for the Force. Soon she felt it all around her. She concentrated on the rocks, picturing the living Force within each one. The rocks rose a few feet into the air. Then Artemis sent the rocks whirling around in circles, some intersecting with the other rocks, yet each maintaining its own orbit. They spun faster and faster, and then Artemis reversed the direction. This continued for a few minutes, with Artemis changing the direction of the rocks every once in a while. Then she dropped them one by one to the ground.*

How's that?

Hart Kenobi

*Hart nods* "You are indeed strong in the Force. Very talented and you seem to be a fast learner. Now let's see how I can decipher this..

OOC: I just saw something about learning something from handwriting yesterday, so I'll try like an ignoramous to see if I can apply it here.

"Circles. That usually represents a sort of shielding and protection of a person's emotions. There has been a lot of disappointment in your childhood with the deaths of you family so that is easily explained. They also move fast and brightly, which tells me that you have an active imagination and are very creative. But they maintain an orbit, which tells me you want and seek a certain amount of order and stability in your life. The intersections gives me a feeling of a small inner conflict of some sort, hidden. Now the change in direction is very interesting, perhaps symbolizing a renewal of a beloved past thing, or the creation and escape into something new."

OOC: my first time trying Did I get anything close to right?

::An orb slowly flies outside, resting suspended over Hart's shoulder.::

"Have you constructed a lightsaber by any chance?"

Artemis Jinn

OOC: OMG! You just described me ooc perfectly! That was freaky!
    IC:
    *Artemis was amazed, he had found out more about her than she was sure she wanted anyone to know.*

No, I haven't made a saber yet, and I don't really have the faintest idea how, except that there are special crystals which give the ls its color.

Hart Kenobi

OOC: :

IC:
    Physical fitness with the Jedi's mind-body connection is important, but since it is sorta hard to test that here, I'll try to help you skip to the saber.
    Yes, you do use crystals. Each one contains a certain energy and glow, that can be used with certain ancient technology to create a bended beam of light. I'd suggest personalizing the color of the blade and design of your saber hilt. The process should come natural through meditation.

Artemis Jinn

*Artemis nodded.*

Ok, I'll try to make one. Do you want me to start now, or shall we continue training?

Liam Jinn

And, there is another with the name of Jinn

Hart Kenobi

Yeah, but she's hotter than you.

Artemis Jinn

*Artemis blushes and smiles at Hart.*

Actually, I'm not related to Qui-Gonn Jinn, at least I don't think I am.

Hart Kenobi

"Ah yes, the famded Master Qui-Gon." *smile* "I was wondering whether you came from his family's line. It's time for you to construct the saber, because using it is probably the most called for action that we have to perform in confrontations. A battle is determined won or lost here depending on your skill and creativity with it."

Artemis Jinn

*Artemis nods.*

I will have one ready for you within a week Master. If you wish, I can continue training while I construct it, using my free time to do so or I could stop training until it is completed.

Hart Kenobi

OOC: Psst, let me tell you a secret You don't have to take the padawan process that serious. Basically, I only do this to weed out if anyone truly stinks. So far, none of my current padawans are. I can tell that you're an intelligent lady, so just go for whatever you want. I always like to encourage people to get themselves into rps as soon as possible. That's teh only way to really learn anything.

Artemis Jinn

OOC: Okay, I'm meeting some new people at the bar & grill, got a job as a waitress. Maybe I can get into some that way. I don't know that much about fighting though. Oh, and do you happen to know anyone who can make a sig for me?

Liam Jinn

Oh you know I am hotter Hart...*flexes*

Hart Kenobi

Liam: Look!! I think I see a muscle!! Good job You've been working out.

Artemis: Well, there are quite a few people that would work on one for you, though it would probably take some time. The best one's I've seen were by Remy Lebeau, but he rarely does them for anyone else except for a certain board. Others are Ogre Mal Pannis (Sith Empire), Delirion (forgot which group), Jeseth Cloak (Dark Hand) and Sage Hazzard (Greater Jedi Order). You could probably ask any of them
    By the way, who are you gonna use as your character? Just interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast