Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To the Council and Jedi Masters (promotion)

Nichos Marr

Re: To the Council and Jedi Masters (promotion)

Has anyone forgotten the fact that she plays Cardinal Aiyalin of The Black Hand? I'm sure some of you weren't aware, but I don't think she kept it a secret. And isn't there a rule that states a Roleplayer cannot be allowed in locked forums from two separate groups at a time?

Hart Kenobi

Sage: can you provide a link to an rp JediBelderine was in?

Also,I agree with Fett. If the general feeling is that a person is promoted when they feel they are ready, then let's just get rid of the law instead of constantly breaking it and having a discussion every time it happens.

TUJK

Simple, don't make it a law, make it a guideline. Something that I hold to... there are no hard and fast rules in RP, simply guidelines.

Considering I'm bad at remembering dates, this is a good thing for me...

Sage Hazzard

OOC:I'll look for it in a moment. I'm busy at the moment. I know she took part in your RP thread Hart, the attack on TSE.

ReaperFett

fine, make it a "guideline". I want a new council, Liam, Yog and Obi have missed one or two votes, do it now!

Do you want THAT every week?

Jedi Knight Leia Solo

**Tries to smile**

New Council..Fett?! 3 months is up May 14. That is when we may vote on the new council.

Yes..Obi, Yog and Liam have to vote. Also Figrin and JB have not been around. They need to vote too.

Master Yoghurt

There are rules and guidelines. If the 3 months Council terms rule went out of the window, the opposite of what Fett suggested would happen. Council would sit for 6 months + like it did in the past. We want to prevent that, to keep the Council democratic and representative. That is the reason and purpose of the rule. And yes, that is a rule which had majority vote over a year ago.

Large number promotions is neither a rule or guideline, but a practice we have grown accustomed to. It has through time turned more and more common because it is convenient. Reason and purpose is achieving released Council workload by not having promotion threads every single week. We do that to 1. make voting more efficient and 2. to prevent Padawans having to wait in eternity for vote to finish because some Councilors are not responding due to veto, RL or other reason.

That is why Padawans are promoted in large numbers. A big thread for everyone to see where every Councilor will vote. That makes voting efficient. On the other hand, if a majority vote can be reached without the entire Council present, that only makes it more difficult for the vote to go through. My hat off for the Padawan that have such confidence within the Council.

However, am I saying there should be no rules at all? Not really. I think of a bare minimum of 2 months before a Padawan can be promoted. However, that requires exceptional quick progress for someone with no previous experience. 3 months is realistically the amount of time a Padawan can expect to be Knighted if progressing fast in the training. Often, it would require considerable more time. Depends on the Padawan. Progressing more quickly when having previous experience is only natural.

If you want to set a 3 months minimum rule for promotions, the Padawan should be able to get promoted after that amount of time. Otherwise, such rule would be pointless. For example, what happens if Padawan joins a few days after a big promotion vote and such promotions are only done every 3 month? The Padawan has to wait 6 months.

So bottom line, promotions are handled flexible and based on common sense, not rigorous practice of rules.

As for disregarding previous roleplay experience when considering ranks, that may make sense in some scenarios. For example, when joining from other Jedi groups, no one should start out with higher rank than Knight regardless of previous RP experience. Rank of Master should only be reached when being a Knight here for a long time.

ReaperFett

OK, hoe about this. I would say Bel is about ready, just about. We let this one count and vote, but then we stick the the vote?

ReaperFett

AHEM

ReaperFett

REPLY FOR -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-S SAKE

obiwan2

I feel as though Bel is ready...my vote is yes

Oh, and Fett.....calm down, man...no need to get your panties in a wad

Hart Kenobi

She's probably got the majority now

ReaperFett

rough count, its 3-1 yes, with noone even replying to what I said

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12