Thread: Official Boxoffice Community Thread version 1.0

Champion of the Force

Official Boxoffice Community Thread version 1.0

Well we've got to start something up.

Pretty simple idea - this is our community thread. Want to talk about how you broke up with your girlfriend? Why the world is round? Why this thread is just pointless spam (I hit 1000 posts with this thing )? Talk about it here, or anything else.

:: sits and wonders if anyone will post here ::

My 3 year old is sick. The wife stayed home with him today and if he's got a fever tomorrow morning it's my turn. On the upside, he used the potty 4 times today, a record. If this doesn't convince single posters to run away as fast as they can from their girlfriends then nothing will.

"Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

BUFFJEDI

Well I have to go to NY on friday , Have an audition

I'm going to be driving forever to get there Nc-ny. I know I will not get it but I thought what the heck.

Got back in the Gym monday night .Just worked out my Biceps and WAY over did them,now i'm sick(body fever).

Got a hair cut (looks GREAT )

BTW: EB(s) hope your padawn gets better soon.

Well Jordon is coming back (I think I said that about a year ago somewhere here )I don't really like him as a player,But I hope he does well .

DID YOU KNOW: kissing a frog Cures fever blisters.

Darth23
    I like Jordan but I don't think he should come back.

Of course, I didn't think he should come back the last time either.

I just don't see how this comeback could possibly be as successful as his last. Frankly, the Wizards suck. Last time he came back to a playoff team that was loaded; Pippen, Kukoc, and the addition of Rodman made that second Bulls team an awesome one. The new rules are going to allow teams to play zones on Michael if they so choose to do so. You're now going to have only 8 seconds to bring the ball up past mid court which means a faster tempo, all of these little things are going against him. At 38 he can still be one of the better players in the league. But he's not going to be able to carry the Wizards to a championship. That was his goal for the last decade of his career. Can he adapt to that? Another thing that's going to happen to him is that every little mistake he makes is going to get magnified and blown out of proportion. Even in his prime, Jordan made the occasional bad pass, the occasional turnover, he was great, but not perfect, no basketball player is. Now every little mistake he makes is going to be proof to some idiot sportswriter that Jordan should have stayed home and never come back.

I'm going to enjoy the occasional flashes of brilliance. This isn't going to be as bad as watching Ali fight Holmes. MJ will do fine, but we just won't see him playing in June again.

Darth23
    It took him more than half a season to get back to being the 'old' (young) Jordan last time, I don't think he'll be able to this time.

I always felt sorry for the Wizards players when Jordan became part owner. It must have been pretty hard to know that the owner of the team could kick your butt at your own sport.

The main reason MJ was so successful last time was because the core Bulls team was still intact. Stating from scratch with a older MJ will be pretty tough.

How can he jump with his Zimmerframe?

BUFFJEDI
    Zimmerframe?

Micheal Jordan (my opinion) came along in the Basketball scene at the right time.

Fan base was down ticketsales sucked, Bird/magic were getting old. Like any sport The NBA was looking for a Poster child to lead them into the next 10 or so years.

Enter Jordan, Young,decent looking,and could play pretty well.So the Hype Machine starts running wild Jordan this Jordan that in all the Magazines on all the sports show etc...

Micheal was Good in his heyday,BUT NOT GREAT.

Sure alot will say He had a great supporting cast, thats what made him great!

NO, Hype made Jordan great

If the GENERAL public hears's something OVER AND OVER they either start believing it or Just excepts it OR ticks them off, because they are tired of hearing it.

Look how they tried to Hype Shaq when jordan left the first time.PLEASE!!! he can dunk BIG WHOOP but they thought (for some reason he could carry the NBA)WRONG but they Hyped him anyway and proclaimed him The NEXT greatest player ,until Jordan came back than it was like SAhaq WHO???? Until Jordan retired agian ANd than The NBA had to go looking for a Savior and found it in the LAKERS ha ha ha ha ha . If people do not think the NBA is fixed ,They didn't watch the last two seasons

So Basically what I'm saying is Jordan was good an average player BUT was propelled into greatness for monies sake.

Oh the 40-50 point games ??? shoot the ball 30-40 times and you'll do the same IF your just HALF DECENT.

OH he scored last sec shots to win the game??? shoot the ball 30-40 times you should be warmed up by the 4th period.

and the UTAH -BULLS series for the Championship PLEASE!!!!!!! PAMELA Lee's Breasts were more real.

BUT I do hope Jordan does great /they let him do great for ONE reason.People put to much on one's age and thats not right .AGE shouldn't classify you ,your ability to DO should

buff, if Jordan wasn't great they who was? The guy didn't lead the league in scoring year after year because the league was fixed. It wasn't all just hype. Money made clutch shot after clutch shot. Only big lumbering centers but up big numbers with high shooting percentages. Jordan may not have put up Chamberlin statistics but he did put bigger numbers than Wilt where it counted; championships. I can't understand how anyone thinks a championship can be fixed. So Malone let Jordan steal the ball? Stockton missed his last shot on purpose? I can understand a debate about MJ versus Wilt/Russel/Bird/Magic/West, but not a Jordan was only hype argument. That just doesn't make sense.

Here's a perfect great talent but still a loser story. Jeff George was cut by the Redskins. The Coach Killer has lost yet another job. It takes more than skills to win, it takes heart and leadership. MJ had both.

BUFFJEDI
    I know EB(s) I admit it doesnt make sense (have I ever )

It's hard for me to explain things in words, so what I mean to say may not come out right.

larry bird/jerry west/jabbar/dr J/Malone

TRUE GREATS

yes I firmly believe NBA is fixed to a degree. YES they would let Jordan steal the ball (the NBA holds these guy's financial life's in there hands .They will do what the League tells them to do.(If I made 2 mil a year I'd do what they say.

I'll try and explain it THRU NASCAR

Nascar was for the most part REDNECK sport. They wanted to get more YUPPIE dollars. They go out and find a driver who fits the bill,Jeff GORDEN. they hype him he wins. after he out lived his usefullness in that aspect he starts losing. Earnhardt DIES all of the sudden they need a poster child agian , enter Gordon and he starts winning agian.I LOVE NASCAR but I also know for a FACT
    (and I truly cant say how) so I'm sure I'll get discredited but ,Nascar the Governing BODY HAd and DOES have races fixed.

take Golf for an example

Golf had been declining for years , and on top of that WE (pga) loose MILLIONS of dollars a year form NOT getting the Black populations dollars.

Enter Tiger woods a Young,fresh faced,black player

Tiger is good (better than I'll ever be) But he has TWO things
    incommon with Jordon ,HYPE/NIKE . AS soon as he out lives his usefullness HE will start loosing.Take note He is already declining.

Hey ,I know all this rambling I'm doing , is very hard to keep up with and MAKES NO sense to anyone , BUT if I could tell you in person I could explain much better,

People I used to talk to about SPORT fixing, thought I was OUT of my mind. BUT NOW they are coming up to me and saying,..You know you maybe right.They are PAYING attention to the sport as a whole NOT just watching it and having it Spoon fed to them.

BUT of course these are just the opinions of a Craaazzyyy Mannnn

Doc Milo
    If you're right, Buff, I truly expect the Mets to continue winning -- and overtaking both the Phillies and the Braves to steal the NL East championship. After that, I expect the Mets and the Yankees to breeze through the post season, and both end up in the World Series once again.

Why?

The attack on the World Trade Center.

NY could use a "pick-me-up" and what better a pick-me-up than to have a rematch of the Subway Series World Series?

BUFFJEDI
    Doc, you are not going to believe this,but that exactly what I think will happen.Not saying it will of course .like I say I know it sound WAYYYY out there but for years and years Alot of people thought/still do that pro wrestling was real.Now they say HEY we are fake but FUN, and some people still think its real

Just remember in my theory (if I'm right at all) script lines can be changed at any time.

Like NASCAR I predicted, That the Dodges WOULD get a win this year . THEY DID

everyone sadi there is no way they would (because first year they have been in racing for like 15 yrs) I could not convience people that the DODGE/chrys people were not going to spend MILLIONS on Nascar without being in the winners circle.

I will say I havnt picked up on the Vibe of Football being fixed at all YET.

Now dont get me wrong I HOPE i'm Wrong , and I wish someone could give me some kind of undeniable proof (for me) Thats i'm wrong.(I miss not enjoying these sports anymore)

btw. love the yankees but hoping Braves take it all (only because I like MAdUX )

I just can't go with your theory buff. I can understand your attitude towards hype, I hate it also. But I just don't believe athletes like Tiger Woods are controlled by NIKE and elevated to the top by massive sports conspiracies. Tiger was on the Tonight Show smacking golf balls when he a child. Was NIKE behind that too? Did they pay off the rest of the tour to lay up at the Masters and the U.S. Open? And why haven't any sportswriters been able to blow the conspiracy wide open? Are Lupica, Albom, and Schapp in on it too? As for NASCAR, you know that it took Gordon awhile to adjust to the Everhardt (sp?) split. He was bound to bounce back eventually. When Dale Jr. won at Daytona I think sentiment played more of a part than any fix. Are there lots of back door schenegans at major governing sports bodies? Probably, but they stop before they reach the court. You just don't get competitive athletes like Malone, Stockton, Barkley, Ewing, etc. to lay up so that Michael can have the limelight. Michael got the money and the endorsements because he won. Was NIKE hoisting him by a wire and helping him dunk from the freethrow line?

The thing about consiparcies is that doubters don't have to provide proof of their existance. That's up to the believers to provide. When I see the evidence on Sportscenter or on the pages of the New York Times I'll believe it. Until then, no one is going to convince me that the end of the Bulls/Utah final was prearranged. The basket, steal, basket scenario happened because Jordan was the dominant basket player of his generation. The thing about Jordan is that he didn't ALLOW anyone to share the throne with him. You always hear about Bird and Magic together because those teams each won against each other. Once Jordan got to the top he kept everyone else off the pedastal. And Jordan's dynasty wasn't even the most dominant the NBA has produced. That belongs to Bill Russel's Celtics. Was that fixed too? Could anyone get you to throw a championsip? These guys get paid whether they win or lose. There's no quid pro quo going on here. Ewing and Ehlo didn't become millionaires because they let Jordan abuse them. They got abused because their teams weren't up to Jordan's and they couldn't match him at crunch time.

BUFFJEDI
    I totally understand where you are coming from.What you say does seem FAR more realistic than my theory BY FAR.and Like I say IF I didnt know about Nascar first hand, I more than likely would have never gotten this twisted about sport fixing . And trust me I truley DO NOT expect anyone to agree with me until there is proof.

I'm not doing a Jedi 1234 (or what ever he was called

If you work for a company ,the company owns you. You do as they say when they say OR you leave.and you dont make your car/house payment.

Sports are all about the DOLLARS now.I couldnt or wouldnt say anything about sports past.

I'm glad you brought up the Dale JR race. I won a bit of money off that one.

I doubt a show like Sports center would ever do a show on game fixing (of this sort) they make there money from the sports.It would be like taking money out of there own pocket.

Many pga players could hit the ball when they were three. But not many had a Mgr like Tiger woods at three (earl woods)
    Dont get me wrong WOODS is good but , If the purse was 200,000 to win,Pga offered 1mil to throw it ,I'm throwing it.

As with any of conspiricy I know it would be hard to prove.No prove no fix.BUT always remember that IF I'm ever proven right .You heard it here first

Doc Milo
    Jedieb: Could anyone get you to throw a championsip?
    Well . . . there was the Blacksox scandal way back when . . .

But I don't agree with the whole fixing thing.

Although, there was a scandal at Yonkers raceway a while back involving Jockeys/Drivers (Harness racing) who fixed races.

But when things like this are done, they usually eventually get exposed. So I doubt anything of the massive scale Buff is talking about is taking place, especially in any major sports, like the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, PGA, or tennis. The racing sports may have an easier time of putting a fix in, but I still doubt it can happen for any length of time before it gets exposed.

BUFFJEDI
    :mneh

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Normally I don't have much to say about sports... but in this case

"and the UTAH -BULLS series for the Championship PLEASE!!!!!!! PAMELA Lee's Breasts were more real. "

From my point of view the Jazz at that time had a horrible record of choking. Seems to me that everytime they ever got a huge lead over another team they would relax and then loose their lead and in many cases lose the game. Everytime I watched one of there games same damn thing would happen, which if you remember the Jazz did get a pretty good lead over the Bulls early on in the game because MJ was ill.

Besides, Malone has an absolute freakin ego (and is not all that nice from what I hear) and the owner of the Jazz... I really don't see them fixing that particular game.

As for MJ's playing ability, yeah he's not the best player but what he's really good at is getting the players to work as a team and lighting a fire under all the other players to be there best.

I'm looking forward to what he does with the Wizards as a whole not as an individual player.

"I think of my body as a side effect of my mind." - Carrie Fisher