Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check this out!!!

jadesfire4

I agree let Itala decide what he wants to do with the person who created the site. But its up to the forum administrators to decided what to do to the person who posts the links. Becuase posting a site like that for all to see against a poster in real life and not a rollplay character is wrong! Its up to the administrators or each of the eight forums this link was posted at to decided how to react~!
    We dont know how long the site has been up. Its possible for the site administrator to tweak a counter. I could go to my site and make it say 10,000 visitors just like that. Plus those pics were just put up becuase Itala just made his pics available on the web.
    JB thanks for appologizing. I am glad you see what you did was wrong!
    Lady Vader yes its true you dont often see jedi and sith helping each other out. But remember this wasnt an atttack against a sith. It was an attack against a poster! A person! this was something that has effects on him in real life. And any time that happens I expect to see EVERYONE comming to support them no matter what side of the force they rollplay on! I am glad to see everyone supporting not Itala but Julian on this one!

Atreyu

I'm a former admin I can't see why Boricua should be banned for this - he only posted a link and he thought he wasn't doing anything wrong. I did a similar thing with a GL article last year. Just let it go.

Darth Turbogeek

Ban?

No. Putting the link up was ill advised and he has apologied to Itala, that will be enough

But I'm going to make a point.

The person who originally built the page presumes they can stay safely anonymous.

I can assure you, nothing can be further from the truth. You can be found out. Let me describe how....

1) All ISP keep traffic logs. So does Angelfire. On that log is the IP address of the person who requested the URL and out up the page. They also time and date it.

2) Using the time and date and the IP, tracert back to the originating ISP. They also keep logs of all accesses. And also userids, crosslinked to those logs. And telphone numbers of access.

I wish to point out that you are NOT anonymous on the net, even so called anonymous proxies are easy to trace back and through. Other well known methods like IP spoofing or gobetweens can be found out and real origins found.

In conclusion, your every footstep on the web is tracked. DONT do something stupid like this web page creator, it's too easy to be found out.

If you dont like someone,keep it to the BG, because this is supposed to be a game.

Calhemia Cutta

Re: Ban?

If anyone needs a lit help, my little brother is a hacker. I know that's not good, but in this case, he may be able to get some clues if you need. I'd need the site addy, but this is probably a last resort type of thing. Let me know. I think that is totally cruel on what happened.

Princess Ami

Re: Ban?

Thrawn...you little @#%$!

verse dawnstrider

never got a chance to see the site!!!!!!! I want to see how bad it is. I dont know how a site can bring around this much trouble.

The Lounge Lizard

I saw it...it wasn't that terrible. I have seen far worse things happen in my year here...so I'm not phased, and if I know Itala, I doubt he will be either.

Calhemia Cutta

Ditto. It must have been real bad.

Bounty Hunter Dreyas

Could someone please explain it in english by emailing me or something? I would hate for them to post such an offensive url here but I like to be informed jst as anybody else.

ReaperFett

what do you mean Ami? Did Thrawn do it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12