Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance (Sanis Prent)

Kanon Krowe

Insurance (Sanis Prent)

The man with the dead eyes stood in the dank and murky alleyway behind a Cantina. He so hated grim, and they clashed with his attire horendously. A smile did sweep his face as he thought of his plan. His brilliance did amaze even him at times. Or perhaps he was cocky? Either way, he always won. And his victims always learned the hard way, to challenge Kanon Krowe was to lose.

Sanis would arrive shortly. He was a good man, Mr. Prent. Krowe had learned centuries ago how to read one's eyes like an open book to the soul. The man reminded him of his assasin, Avolon. Well, assasin was stretching it. Avolon Bisel never missed, but he rarely got the chance. The HoloNet message arrived hours ago at Sanis' residence. It always took hours to decipher one of Dedrick's encripted messages. A self taught slice was Mr. Homiside, but the boy had adapted to learning by experiance.

"Surely Mr. Prent is not this inept."

Kanon said this to get a rise out of the gun for hire. He had one of his feelings that the man was right behind him.....

Sanis Prent

(Sanis' shell gun was drawn and at his hip, an orange Mandalorian shell loaded in its left barrel. He never intended to use it...it was more there for show. Krowe's comment caused the corners of Sanis' mouth to turn up slightly.)

I think that's the first time I've heard my name and that word in the same sentence, Mr. Krowe.

(Sanis waited for Krowe to turn around. When he did, Sanis let his eyes drift to his shell gun, before tucking the firearm away)

You called?

Kanon Krowe

Insurance

Kanon's face turned to a smile.

"There's a first time for everything Mr. Prent."

Krowe eyed the shell gun for a second as the barrel slipped into it'd holster. His eyes came back around to lock onto Sanis'.

"I wish to discuss something with you."

As Sanis' lips started to move Kanon cut him off, knowing what he was going to say.

"Not in private, here. I no longer want to keep my plans in secrecy. From now on, you may inform your prey of myself. Keep them scared, afraid. I know they are already suspicious, they are a cowardly lot. But I fear no man, nor woman. I want the prey to know of me. Feel the power of my iron fist."

Kanon's hand closes in unison, the fist it forms crunches the air inside it as the palm squeezes.

"I'm sure you are fearful for my safety."

Prent most likely wasn't. The tone of voice Kanon used was almost mocking, knowing the untruth in his words.

"I have substantial means to deal with any unwelcome visitors. I look forward to my prey attemping to become the hunter."

The word "attemping" was powerful. Kanon was a powerful man and his abilties grew with rust as he did not use them much. He smiled at the thought of pending battle.

"I wish for you to give me a full length debriefing on the current jobs you have accomplished."

Kanon smiled. He awaited the tales of his prey being humiliated by a human without what they fanaticly refered to as the "Force".

"Also, I wish for you to speak your veiws on taking partners. I have a young hunter who I wish to get his feet soaked. I'd like him to be... Insurance, make sure the prey pays. I am confident to your abilities, but I am aware of the strength of my enemies. And any more pain I can cause them is very.... satisfactory."

Sanis Prent

Re: Insurance

(This would no doubt make Sanis' life a little easier. With the cloak & dagger around this job's clientele lifted, Sanis could focus on more pressing areas of interest, and getting to the rest of the contract. Sanis clasped his hands behind his back as he gathered his thoughts.)

Well, I gotta say...you're the first employer I've worked for who wanted to waive their client confidentiality. I hope you know what you're doing on this one...the people you've picked are tough customers.

Lets see. I started off with Dara Shadowtide. I'm afraid I didn't get your message about aborting the job quite in time. At any rate, she narrowly talked her way out of an ambush, despite having several of her comrades watching her back, one of which was another one of the people you wanted taken care of. She offered me money to name my employer, and I implicated General Tondry, as I wouldn't lose any sleep if they canceled each other out in a violent fashion. I was just about to follow through with Dara when I got your message, so I suppose as you said, she's not very important.

Next came Saurron. He fought me tooth and nail, and I incinerated most of his torso before we parted our ways. He has no doubt gotten your message by now, and I imagine had an unpleasant time recovering from his burns.

As for the other three, I'm preparing to deal with each of them as the opportunity arises. I doubt they will be as bothersome as Saurron was, as I can deal with Sith adequately enough. Vampires...well, that was a unique experience to say the least.

(Sanis paced around slightly)

As for your idea...this other hunter...what did you have in mind? As much as our workings have been quite lucrative, I'd prefer not to be tied-down by any long term obligations. If the kid's no closet-case, and he's decent...I don't see why not, at least somewhat.

Kanon Krowe

Kanon could barely stop from laughing. If he had sent Dedrick he assumed Sanis' would end up killing the poor lad. Who he had in mind was much better suited for the job.

"His name is Avolon Bisel. He is a current resident of Tattooine. He has recently broken from an payment difficulty involving a Hutt. It seems the Hutt wanted money from the poor lad for loans he gave him to repair his ship. The glutiny ridden creature found himself no longer among the living as he made the fatal mistake of stealing on of my prized shuttle crafts. So now that he is free from the hounding cries for credits from the Hutt, he may begin larger jobs for me. He is quite skilled. Are you aware with a weapon known as a Blast and Smash Rifle? It is his weapontry of choice and he claims to be a marksman, he has not proven otherwise."

Kanon smiled.

"He will contact you shortly, and you may begin plans with him. I wish for him to accompany you on a few of your missions, if not all of them. Will this be a problem? I assure you will not slow you. He is no "closet case", I assure you."

Kanon paused.

"I am pleased to hear you dealt with the vampire. He annoyed me when he interupted a conversation between myself and a waitress, I felt he should pay. And I hope he tells his fellow... Sith is is it? I hope he tells his fellow Sith of the beating he recieved. Move onto the next prey as soon as you get contacted by Mr. Bisel..... You will allow him to accompany you won't you?"

SAURRON

Saurron knew Sanis would lead him to his employer sooner or later...no one...but no one...attacks a Sith, especially from the TSE. A Siths vengeance is second to none, and that fact would soon be revealed...

Saurron never left the <a href=http://pub56.ezboard.com/fgjofrm2.showMessage?topicID=96.topic>Jedi Bar and Grill</a> he stayed, following Sanis unbeknownst to him hidden by the shadows. Sanis led them back to Coruscant where the initial foray took place.

How fitting Thought Saurron as he sat in his shuttle approaching the planet that was but one tremendous city.

Saurron had masked his and Soth's Force presence concentrating totally on hiding themselves from Kanon, but with a blink of an eye he dropped the mask filling the area with a cold that made their current dank, wet, grimy surroundings feel like a warm safe haven in comparison.

Saurron's eyes opened, taking in the night sky then focused on Kanon and Sanis several meters away. His eyes hung there in the alley way as if suspended on strings. Glowing as they were, they foretold his prey of their eminent doom. The shadowy ally way was the perfect place for Saurron to hide himself...even without the Force. So it was that he stood there blocking one of the only exits as his apprentice Soth blocked the other one. Standing there his silhouette was outlined by a dim street light taking away any detail from the folds in his cloak to the slight smirk on his face.

A beating...yes...a beating.

Startled, Kanon and Sanis wheeled about to face the voice that now spoke to them. Falling on their ears like smooth velvet throughout the night air. They both had heard it before, Saurron's voice was unmistakable. It gave new meaning to the word intimidation. Sanis looked from one end of the alley to the other quickly assessing the situation...

Sanis... "Looks like they got your message, Krowe"

Oh, that we did Sanis...that we did. Said Saurron sarcastically as he drew ever closer...

As Saurron did, so did Soth closing them in...

Saurron left their sight momentarily, probably the most frightening things about Saurron is not knowing where he is was surely Sanis's thoughts as he readied himself. But it was Kanon who was dealt the first blow.

Propelled by Force speed Saurron laid an open handed hit to Kanon's chest causing him to flail backwards landing on his back some three meters away. The pain was intense as it filled his chest every time he moved or dared to breath.

Saurron, walking past Sanis shifted his eyes to the former attacker as a warning not to involve himself...this time.

I will deal with you later Mr. Prent, your time will come. As will Daleethria's. The sight of Saurron's fangs told Sanis what Saurron was thinking, he didn't need the force to see that.

Sanis Prent

(Sanis was sloppy, and he hadn't even thought of the prospect of being followed. Unfortunately, it seemed that Saurron wasn't content to let things be. At first, he thought about drawing his weapon and giving Saurron a repeat performance of the searing he had tasted before, but hesitated. He didn't want to make this personal, and as it stood, Mr. Krowe hadn't exactly added "bodyguard" to Sanis' job description. Therefore, as Sanis watched Saurron strike his employer...he kept his weapon at his side. No sense going tooth and nail all over again if there wasn't any money involved. This wasn't something Sanis should concern himself with.

With a watchful eye, Sanis nodded slowly at Saurron as he walked past. If he understood where the outlaw was coming from, he should figure out exactly where he stood on the matter.

However, when Saurron threatened Sanis...and then Daleethria, the hunter could feel the grip tighten on his shell gun. That sonofabitch...he did intend to make this personal, didn't he?

Sanis shook his head ever-so slightly.)

The nature of our association is business only, Saurron. Lets keep it that way.

Death Knight Soth

Soth walks up arrogantly to Kannon Krowe and rip's him from the ground with the might of thirty men, causing his head to whiplash backwards. Soth held him fast with both of his arm's folded back in a lock. Soth quickly locked his leg between Kannon's leg, preventing him from any defensive moves. Soth moved in close to Krowe's ear.

"I will enjoy watching my Master disassemble you Mr. Krowe!" Soth's voice coming like a stinging hiss in his ear.

SAURRON

Saurron had searched Sanis's mind. Sifting through it he found, Dalee. A soft spot to be sure...

Saurron's footsteps ceased as he heard Sanis's tendons tighten around the grip of that cursed Mandolorian shell gun. Turning his head slightly to look at him with one glowing eye Saurron retorted...

The seed of dred has been planted in your mind Sanis. It will haunt you. How could it possibly be merely business now?

Turns, squaring himself up with Sanis

Are you asking a Sith to forget in the name of business?

Sanis Prent

(Sanis continued to stare at Saurron)

Lets just say...if you speak her name again, you'll be getting a suntan from the inside out.

Death Knight Soth

The Death Knight looked at Sanis with a look of amusement. His eye's flashed with deadly intent as he bared his fang's to the mercenary. Sanis noticed that the Dark Knight had a field of energy around his person that seemed to glow a purpleish hue. It was apparent that the two Vampires were well prepared for any onslot that might occure.

Kannon could feel the razor talon's of the Dark Knight digging into his upper inner arm's, a wrong sudden move would open the major arteries there, bleeding him to death in a matter of moments.

"Maybe life is a simple thing, to the lesser that is. Are you a simple man...Sanis?" came Soth in a cold voice.

Sanis Prent

(Sanis let his attention shift to Saurron's cronie. Obviously another vampire, judging from the fangs, he was hued in an aura of deep purple.

Somehow, the prospect of taking on yet another undead abomination didn't bode very well with Sanis. At least when no money was involved.)

If one was so inclined, they could probably tie their shoe, look at the knot, and try to find God in the inner meaning of it all. Very little in my profession is ever cut-and-dry...so I don't consider myself all that simple. Even so, who stops to think about these things when they tie their shoe?

Kanon Krowe

Kanon could see the Sith's determination to make a fool out of himself. He wanted a fight, he got a war.

"The trench you dig shall be your grave little ones."

He smiled, never moving. This man did not know his strength, and he had no intention to show it.... yet.

"Tell me, does one usally do battle like this? Cheaply and underhanded. My hiring of Mr. Prent was intended to convey the message.... I am not to be pushed around like a droid doll. Now unhand me this instant or you shall pay. Take this as a threat if your feeble minds no nothing but black and white, but it is simply a warning. I have several ways to kill you and my mind thinks of twenty at the moment. However.... I am certain we can settle this like civilised men..."

Kanon looked at the Sith Suarron. The man was a, what some called, Vampire. The fangs were not just for show, but Kanon could care less.

"How would you like to settle this? The fact that you have made no actions to inflict damage means you want something. Money? Power? Or perhaps you'd like to duel fairly. I'd enjoy a fight with a cocky individual such yourself, it'd prove amusing."

SAURRON

Retribution

Speak her name? Oh no I wouldn't dare do that

Saurron spoke cynically to Sanis.

The cool calm demeanor of the Vampyre was most unsettling to most, but Sanis took it in stride. For a human he was almost fearless, but Saurron knew better. He had run into humans like him before. Content with risking their lives not caring for much really, but deep down in their soul there was anger...and where there was anger there was fear. Only there was a tight lid on those feelings.

With a wink of an eye Saurron turned away, his body first then his eyes following, from Sanis leaving him gripping his shell gun in anger. The anger crept out of Sanis's heart, of all places, feeding the Sith which is what he wanted...Sanis's anger level to rise making the calm cool human more mistake prone if he actually did decide to enter this.

As Saurron walked away toward Kanon he could see perfectly well through Soth's eyes what Sanis was doing, and again spoke to him.

Don't make a mistake now Mr. Prent, your anger could get the best of you. There is a reason your not dead yet...you just don't know it.

Still walking towards Kanon Saurron sighs...

And you Mr. Crowe, you still fail to realize the situation at hand. Well, let me enlighten you.

Soth...release him.

Kanon jerked away abruptly from Soth as he obeyed his master in letting Kanon go. Saurron's speed was unmatched as Kanon soon found the crushing grip of Saurron's hand around his throat. Kanon's eyes closed as he soon felt the enormous impact against the back of his head as it met with the bricks of the alley wall. One reach around would produce a bloody hand, but Kanon had no time for that as he soon found himself flying twenty feet through the air hitting the wall on the other side of the alley, and ending up in a dumpster in a heap.

Groggy from the impacts to his head Kanon still felt the movement of the dumpster. The dumpster was moving...

The crashing sound of the hover car colliding with the dumpster was deafening as pieces of the car flew like shrapnel littering the streets. Almost collapsed, the metal container housing Kanon flew end over end ejecting him freely. Kanon rolled and tumbled on the surface as it chewed first at his attire, then at his skin.

His arms face, and legs bled, but his ride was not over. The sheer velocity of the hover car made him and the dumpster projectiles. Kanon finally came to rest after colliding with a parked speeder, and rolling atop its transparasteel window, his concussion and his limbs glistened off the once clear surface turning it red. The heavy dumpster followed hitting the parked speeder flinging him off it, and onto the surface again.

Kanon's blood began to pool around him slowly having just been in a major traffic accident...

Pierce Tondry

Re: Retribution

As Kanon is ejected forcibly from the dumpster by his own momentum, a large net suddenly wraps around him. The net jerks upward as the rope that is attached to it lifts it above the street level. Though already banged up, the catching of this fish undoubtedly prevented some major wounds.

Saurron, Soth, and Sanis all look up for the source of the net. There weren't many people who would involve themselves in such a confrontation, be it randomly or purposefully. The list narrowed when one considered proximity, placement, and availability to the scene. And when one factored in the need for expert timing and markmanship, the list could only be one of a select few beings in the galaxy.

A from atop a nearby building, a gun strangely reminiscent of a fishing harpoon sat reeling in Kanon. A floodlight on the weapon turned on and pinpointed Saurron, Soth, and Sanis.

The figure behind the gun stood up and placed himself right behind the floodlight. Twelve other shapes could be made out in the darkness behind them as the first figure spoke. "You gentlemen have a lot to learn about how to go places in secret," he called out. "Especially you, Mr. Prent."

Death Knight Soth

A deep growl turned into a hiss as Soth and his Master turned to face the spot light. Without hesitation Soth held up his powered talon glove towards where the light was emitting from, and called to the force using the technique of alter electronics. The light burst into shards atop the building where the thirteen occupants were. The two Sith disappeared into the shadows of ambient light.

Kanon Krowe

Pierce Tondry. The man, the sniper, the Imperial. He did not know him well, not at all actually. He was one of the few that had escaped the eyes of his SpyNet. He swiveled his head up while he, oddly, felt comfortable in his net.

"Thank you kind sir."

Perhaps he was going from the frying pan into the oven, but he didn't care. His wounds had already healed halfway.

"A comment on your observation... I did not want this to be secret, I anticipated the Vampires arrival, and I was just about to dispose of them. But I thank you for lending a helpful hand, even if that was not your intention. Now, let me ask you. What fate do you have planned for me?"

Sanis Prent

(Using the busted light as a distraction, Sanis ran quickly, rounding a nearby corner and leaning his back against its masonry.

Tondry...that bastard.

Sanis scowled, wondering exactly where the hell he fell when it came to this situation. Now this was where business ceased to be. Live and let live isn't applicable when some bantha's ass steals your pride & joy freighter.

Reaching into the depths of his jacket, Sanis sighed inaudibly. At any rate, he was going to set things right when all the chips were counted. If Tondry was about to crash this party, then Sanis was damn sure about to spike that tight-ass Imperial's punch.

Slowly, Sanis removed a dull-finished grey pistol from his pocket. On the side of the weapon was the blazing emblem ARAKYD. Popping out the pistol's ammunition chamber, Sanis loaded a grey cyllinder inside, slamming the chamber closed. As Sanis leaned against the corner of the building, out of view to all other parties, he tapped a red button on the pistol's grip, and held the gun close to his mouth.)

Initialize target: Tondry.

(The gun made a beeping sound, as the droid brain inside the bullet was given all of the target's vital statistic information.)

Mockadane

The cross-hair through the 4000m X 20mm scope that danced feverishly between Kanon's chest and Sanis's hand at his sidearm,was broken by movement on a rooftop in direct line of sight from the alley to witch the events transpiring between his employer and advesary's were taking place. The howling winds, from this distance , blocked by the rented hovercraft was all Mock heard for a long time watching the events unfolding through the scopes unfeeling guaze. A dozen or less figures focused on the alleyway, well armed ,and apparently at an advantage untill the com crackled to life. Saurrons voice,leathal and dripping with venom, brought the situation to a whole new level..."You see this right? ... EXPLAIN it to them!"

The scopes cross-hair targeting along with the trigger pulls rendered its first four targets into a bloody lifeless state and sent the rest of the groop into dissaray. Watching the others trying to locate the sorce of the counter attack mock speeks into his com...

"Well huh! this didn't go as planned....oh well!" With a quick look towards the now desolate looking alley, He returnes his scope's view to the rooftop once again, depressing the switch from semi to auto and unleashes a vollital fury upon its occupants ...!

Pierce Tondry

The shots that were intended for the thirteen unknown figures never quite made it to their targets. As each shot looked to have hit its mark, it was interrupted by a flickering green shield that appeared about one meter outward around each individual.

The lead figure leaned over and picked up an ysalamiri right before another, sustained barrage came from the rooftop across from the alley in the opposite direction. With swiftness and precision, the group clustered together, the personal shields reinforcing each other against the attack and their ysalamiri bubble also growing to encompass the rooftop.

The lead figure then lifted a microgrenade launcher and calculated the distance to the building Mockadance was atop. The man did fire, but it was into the air far above his head, where all it would do was get attention

The lead figure lifted a volume disk to his mouth. " YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DO ME THE COURTESY OF SHUTTING UP AND LISTENING TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY!"

In the silence that followed, the lead figure returned the volume disk to his mouth. The voice that came out was Pierce Tondry's magnified. " Thank you. On behalf of Pierce Tondry, I'm here to assert a pre-existing claim on the hide of one Sanis Prent. You, Master Saurron as someone else with a claim on him, and you, Mr. Krowe, as his employer, were deemed as beings who should properly notified of this situation. Mr. Tondry has made no secret of his dislike for Mr. Prent, and it was assumed that general circles would carry the information to those ears that needed to hear it."

The figure paused. " Since that has proven not to be the case, my unit felt it necessary to take action. If you would be so kind as to allow Mr. Prent to have a few words with me, we shall depart."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast