Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A New Purpose (Closed)

Miryan no Trunks

Re: "I'm simply

ooc: lol, actually, my post was referring to Damel =)

Damel Girte

and now, we return to our regularly scheduled....

ooc: lol! but yep, the last paragraph could apply there too...
    ic:

*Spinning to face him, a hint of surprise on her face that quickly faded, she grinned slightly.*

"Actually, I was looking for you."

*She eyed the Sith cautiously, saber still hanging on her belt. Alert and ready to spring into action, she watched to see what he would do.*

"And you?"

Miryan no Trunks

Re: and now, we return to our regularly scheduled....

*MnT silently mused for a moment, at how quickly the Jedi went about hiding her surprise. As she spoke her words, he cocked his right eyebrow up in slight amusement..*

... Is that so..

*He watched her eye him up cautiously, her hand slightly twitching by her hooked saber.. She was obviously unaware of what to be expecting in the situation.. MnT decided to throw an extra little scare into her..*

... It just so happens..

*As he spoke, MnT brought his sword up, twisting in in his hand, spinning it around with incrdible speed and nimbleness, considering it's weight. He made it obvious that he was just playing around with it, as one does with a sword, but it was still enough to keep the Jedi fully alert, waiting for whatever was going to happen to happen, so she could defend.. Finally, he brought the blade straight up, before turning it back and sheathing it. After all, swords weren't the best weapon for battling in a forest..*

... That I was doing some thinking.. What exactly made you decide to try and hide from me in the Forest...?

edit: ttt ^_^

Damel Girte

*She watched the deadly swirl of color with a sort of hypnotic caution, eyes locking on MnT again when it snapped off.

"What made me decide...." Why had she come here, anyways? The Sith remained silent, motionless, waiting for her answer.

"Always felt more comfortable around trees, I think... spend a lot of time climbing." As she spoke, the girl reached up and grasped a low-hanging branch above her head. Pulling herself onto the limb, she rested a hand on the tree's trunk, out of range of MnT's saber... just in case. She didn't think he would use it in here, in any case. It just felt more natural this way, reminding her of the long months she had spent running high up on the metal girders crossed haphazardly about the lower levels of Coruscant. Only different.

"Used to do it a lot when I was younger," she finally said. "I just... like trees. More at ease around them, I guess." MnT still hadn't moved to attack. He still stood by the tree, listening to her reply. The branch she was perched on stood right above his head, so the young Jedi gazed intently down at the Sith, senses alert, wondering what he had meant by the question.

"Why do you ask?" Miryan certainly was... different from any Sith she had ever met.*

Miryan no Trunks

*MnT sat there for a moment, considering the now-treeborne Jedi's words... Before smiling slightly, and adding his own..*

... I merely asked, because amongst nature, and the forest in particular, is where I myself am at my best.. I've spent most of my life training myself by hunting and maneuvering through the trees as fast as I could, becoming quicker, quieter, and more efficient.. I supposse it just seemed weird that Anyone would try to escape or hide from me, in the forest..

*At this point, MnT nodded his head slowly, as if agreeing with himself, that what he said was correct..*

... Of course, I realize now that I was foolish in assuming that you would have known that, and even moreso, in my assuming that you wouldn't be capable in the forest, yourself...

*MnT looked up, and, noticing the weird sense of confusion on Damel's face, as if she was not sure what to make of him, leapt up..*

*Fortunately, there was a branch not much higher than Damel's, as MnT edged his body out of the way, just passed it, and then reedged himself over the branch, absorbing his landing almost completely with his legs.. The branch hardly moved at all from MnT landing on it, and he stood up, his balance keeping him on the branch perfectally fine.*

*He turned so he was facing the Jedi, and hunched down, bringing his knees up to his chest..*

.. So where were we..?

Damel Girte

*Straigtening up so her back was against the trunk, she flipped her own saber into her palm and flicked on the blade, almost casually but still with deadly precision and concentration.*

"I think we were right about here...."

*As fast as it had come, the golden blade flickered out, and the saber was hooked back on the girl's belt again. It would be rather foolish to use them in the forest, true. The quick flash had been for emphasis.*

"But that was back there."

*She jerked her shoulder in the direction of the clearing. It seemed quite distant now that they were in the stillness of the forest.*

"I suppose the question now is... where do you want to go from here?"

*With that, she jumped off the branch, landing lightly on the floor below in a crouch. Did the Sith want to fight... or philosophize?*

Miryan no Trunks

*Smiling softly, MnT nodded his head in towards the depths of the forest, before tilting right off the branch, his body rolling sideways in a complete 360, and landing.*

.. Well, I am personally enjoying this fight.. It is quite good for me.. I haven't had much chance to test what my training has gotten me, in an actual battle situation..

*At this point, MnT leapt up and off into the shadows of the trees, his voice trailing behind like the whisper of a ghost*

.. Perhaps at a later time, we'll be able to further talk.. Under more pleasent circumstances...

*As he was out of the Jedi's sight, he reached up in mid-air, grasping a branch.. He used it like a high-bar, and flipped over and onto it, quickly turning around, and awaiting the Jedi's move...*

Damel Girte

ooc: Whoops. *thwack* Sorry... didn't catch that. I'm still going to be pretty spasmodic until Monday... this is the first time I've been able to get on at home to post.
    ic:

*She watched him leap off deeper into the forest, and quickly followed, getting him back in view within a few minutes. He was crouched on a branch a few feet above her head, and turned his head to stare at her as she approached. A slight grin crossed the girl's face.*

"I'll take you up on that sometime."

*With that, she raised her blade and easily severed the limb the Sith had perched on. He, anticipating the drop, had crouched to the ground and recovered quickly. As Miryan fell, the youth had slashed out with a backhanded swing, cutting through the trunk of one of the larger trees, then as it fell, leapt on top, directing the falling mass towards the Sith's head.*

Miryan no Trunks

ooc: fixed. I don't know why I didn't just do that post in here though :/

Miryan no Trunks

*Looking up at the quickly descending mass, he side-hopped a few feet to the left, and watched it near the ground, with Damel on top..*

*As the air was filled with the sounds of timber crashing and cracking, MnT waited until the timing was perfect, before twisting himself around, bringing his right leg up in a round-house kick that aimed to trip up Damel.. As was expected, the Jedi's reflexes were not dull as a dead Gammorean's, and as such, she leapt slightly, avoiding the kick. However, MnT had anticipated, and expected this, and stopped his leg in mid-swing. Focusing all his strength into the one leg, he thrust it down, raising his body up to meet her. Damel's was noticably taken back by the strength of the Sith, as she did not respond immediately.. Taking the slight advantage he had, before he dropped again, he brought his other leg up in a quick snap kick that caught the Jedi in the chest, toppling her backwards off of the log, and into the dirt, where her shoulder hit painfully against a root that happened to be protruding from the ground...*

... She has a lot of fighting potential, especially for one so young... She would definately be worth showing the truth to... Too bad she seems so consumed by the light that the delusion of the Jedi provides..... Perhaps at a later time... Battle is not the best time to share belief...

*Concentrating on the force, MnT curled his left leg up, and, enhancing his strength with the force, stomp-kicked the log, completely crushing the middle of it, and sending the two new halves spinning nearly 90 degrees..*

... Heh, this will provide a nice little battling ground, marked by the log on either side, and trees to the front and back...

*Smiling, he gathered himself into a defensive position, modified for HtH fighting, and prepared himself..*

OOC: q: do you have Aim or Msn =)

Damel Girte

Here we go.

ooc: *thwap* And that, kids, is why you should never go without sleep for more than 3 days in a row... Sorry this took a while; school server's been really screwy.
    btw, AIM = Mouseymel.

ic:

*Rising quickly from the ground, she swung her shoulder around in an arc to dissipate the throb that had jammed into the base of it. Flipping it the unignited hilt around, she clipped it to her belt and crouched down, hands clenching into fists just as MnT had done.

Keeping her eyes fixed on him, she scudded one foot to the left, then the other. He did the same. The two fighters began a wary dance, shifting in a rough circle, keeping an oddly syncopated beat on the leaves that drew the air tight with tension.

Slowly, the girl drew closer. It was still a prelude of sorts- tentative jabs were made at the air, and tentative leaps, tentative blocks and dodges- but nothing had really connected.

Suddenly, her right fist shot out in a jab that rocketed towards the Sith's head. As he leaned backwards and raised his hands to dodge and block it, she reared her left hand back and brought it plummeting with force-enhanced speed towards his ribcage.*

Miryan no Trunks

Re: Here we go.

OOC: Hehe, ok =)

IC:

*As the fist slid in towards his ribs, MnT grinned to himself.. He had made a mistake, and she had taken full advantage of it.. He wasn't sure why he had backed his head away, instead of merely moving it to the side, but he had, and now this, this would hurt.*

*The attack connected with his ribs, and drove him up into the air.. For a few meters, MnT looked up, and saw the canopy above them, passing quickly by his view.. The stars were beautiful this night, peeking in on their battle.. Then he landed, letting his body go limp momentarily, as to dampen the damage that could be caused to his bones..*

CRUNCH

*He landed hard on a pile of particularly brittle sticks, rolled over on his head, and came to a halt face down in the dirt..*

*He reached his hand to the back of his neck, and began to brush away fragments of stick and stone that had decided to cut into him...After he was clean enough, he raised both hands to his sides, before planting them hard on the ground, pushing himself up, the force and momentum carrying him to his feet..*

... Good shot, that really truly hurt...

*Inhaling deeply, MnT cringed slightly in pain as he realized that a rib just up from the bottom was strained nearly to the point of cracking...*

... Heh.. oh well...

*He rolled his head around, pivoting it on his neck, with an audible crack.. He then dashed forwards, catching Damel slightly by surprise, as she had not expected him to.. as he neared, MnT suddenly dropped his upper torso, twisting himself to the left.. He brought his legs around in a rapid cartwheel, that threatened to smash in Damel's face. Expectedly, she raised her hands up and caught his foot.. Unfortunately, it wasn't the planned attack. Holding himself up on his right hand, MnT raised his other and punched her in the kneecap.. This served as little more than a way to catch her attention.. As she looked down, MnT looked up, and grinned. He suddenly swept the arm around her legs, and pulled them in, tripping her.. She fell to her back hard, and MnT pushed off with his right, actually propelling himself into the air, where he turned himself upright, and landed, both feet touching down on her shoulders...*

*Waiting a moment, MnT then backflipped off her shoulders, and landed, hopping back some until he was about 12 feet away... Dancing back and forth from foot to foot lightly, he kept moving, and brought himself back into a defensive position...*

Damel Girte

*She started to rise again as he jumped into the air, but then Miryan sprang back onto her shoulders. The girl's right knee buckled into the ground under the sudden weight of MnT, and something wrenched underneath her ankle. Grimacing, she reached backwards to throw him off, but found herself clutching only air, rising swiftly with the release of pressure as he jumped away. Straightening, she grabbed her ankle and pulled it backwards, stretching the muscle back into alignment. She winced a little when she put her foot back down on the ground in a fighting stance, but it soon faded and seemed to be fine.

Thunder rumbled overhead. A darkness cast its shadow across the forest. Running on the edge of the shadow as it approached, Damel sprinted towards the Sith. His senses were honed, arms and legs at the ready to defend against any attack. She made as if to charge into him, but at the last second, the girl planted her foot down an inch in front of his own, a blur in front of the Sith's face as she flipped over his head, foot lashing out towards the back of his skull. He moved, and her foot connected with his shoulder, the impact muffled; the effect was that Miryan only stumbled slightly forward. As she hit the ground, a flash of white thundered through the sky. For a moment, the girl thought she was seeing stars. Then something crackled, and a sudden rush of heat blazed up through the forest.

Fire.

As she got to her feet yet again, something cold and wet began to fall on their faces.

...and Water.

She cast a glance at Miryan, the bright yellow-orange of the flames playing, flickering across his face. Then the air grew thick and wavering between them, still caught in a dance of darkness, weaving back and forth and trading jabs.*

edit: there we go, got up now

Miryan no Trunks

*As MnT lurched forward from the kick, he had to stop himself in mid-stumble, forcing himself to regain his footing.. As he stopped, a Flaming chunk of wood passed by the front of his body, nearly hitting him... He looked up, and nearly double-took the view... What had been a beautiful night sky, half-hidden amongst a peaceful canopy of leaves, was now a growing patch of near pitch-black grey clouds, all but completely hidden by the bright chaotic tendrils of flame, that leapt from tree to tree, leaving behind a wake of destruction..*

*He looked down, and watched the fire's dance reflecting in the eyes and face of Damel... He then gathered himself into a balanced off/def pose, and the two circled slowly around each other, Damel throwing quick jabs occassionally, trying to psyche him into making a mistake she could take advantage of, Him merely keeping his senses open, and his body ready... He was of the belief that attacks should not be used, if they have no hope of hitting the opponent..*

*Suddenly, he dashed forwards.. In his mind, he was seeing the attack, before actually doing it.. He would run in, and, a few steps away from the Jedi, would jump slightly, twisting himself around in midair so that he was facing backwards, then leap again.. The twisting momentum would provide extra strength to a whirl-wind kick that would, if not blocked, connect hard to the side of her head...*

*The attack perfectally planned, MnT leaped, twisting himself around, so he faced the other direction.. Quickly pushing off again with the foot, he brought himself around, his leg raising quickly to swing into the kick, then..*

THUD!

*MnT slammed into the ground, a huge burning branch quickly following, to a resting place on top of him.. It had connected hard with his head, and he was unconcious... It had fallen too fast, and he had not had the chance to spot it, and avoid it..*

Damel Girte

*Damel had thrown her hands up to block the blow that never came, watched the branch collide with Miryan's head, and seen him fall unconscious to the ground. With one glance at the flames, which were beginning to fiercely lash at the Sith, she coughed and lurched forwards, trying to grasp the blazing wood in the haze of smoke. All life is precious... She wasn't trying to save a Sith... so much as a person.

The dense smog grew thicker, making her eyes water as she swatted at the flames, finally throwing her shoulder into the side of the log, knocking it off him. Clutching her shoulder with raw hands, she gasped for breath but got a choking fog instead. The girl threw a look over her shoulder at the unconscious Sith. Aside from being out cold, he seemed to be relatively fine. And breathing.

Lungs burning from the lack of oxygen, she tried to drag him along the ground, but found the older figure too heavy for her young body to drag, even with the Force, in the haze.

He'll be all right... lying on the ground like that, the smoke won't get to him... and it's mostly clear around, so the fire shouldn't...

Stumbling forwards, she hacked through the smoke, running wildly. Anywhere away from...

Air... air... I need.....air...

Gasping and choking, she pushed through the last strand of trees, black spots swimming before her eyes. Then, suddenly, the air was clear again. One gasp, one breath of wonderful coolness... then the stars were overwhelmed by darkness and she staggered, falling to the ground, unconscious from the smoke.*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234