Thread: The Black Blade (Kaine Darklighter)

DarthPoreon

The Black Blade (Kaine Darklighter)

Arctic gusts blew across the fllat, icy plain from the north. Snow fell from the dark clouds that covered the plain. For the past three days a massive blizzard had formed over the Arctic Plains of Dantooine. The blizzard had caused a white out. Nothing could be seen except a blur of white. The power had been out for two days inside the lone hut resting on the Arctic Plain.

The hut was equally white from the white out. It was covered with snow. Inside, one of the window had collapsed under pressure from the snow. Snow lay piled on the floor two feet high. On the edge of the room, a single furnace powered by coal burned. Next to the furnace sat a person. The person was hunched over the furnace, most likely warming himself. A closer inspection though would reveal that the person was fashioning an object in the furnace.

The person's eyes were closed. There was grim look on his face as if he were concentrating intently on something. Inside the furnace were three crystal like objects. They were tumbling around the furnace in a controlled fashion. Constantly their shapes were being altered. The three crystal objects were the tri-crystals for a Sith's Saber.

Each saber being unique, a Sith saber could have anywhere from one crystal to many crystals. The more crystals there were, the more complex of a saber it was. The crystals had to be shaped precisely. The only way to do that was with the Force. A content look came over the person's face. The crystal shaping was done. He used the Force to take the superheated crystals out of the furnace and left them to cool on an unburnable piece of sheet metal. The crystals would have to cool for atleast a few days.

The person rose from the stool and went to sleep on a small cot for the next two days. The use of the Force to fashion the crystals tired the person.

The person turned and rose from the bed he slept on and walked over to a table opposite the furnace. On the table was a power pack, a large cylinderical corusca piece, a thumb pad, and a tangle of wires. He took out a carver tool from a drawer and began hacking away at the Corusca piece. He extended his right hand and carved the corusca piece to shape his hand perfectly. He then took out a welder and began welding the thumb pad onto the shaped Corusca piece.

By the fifth day, the blizzard had passed. The crystals still hadn't cooled. The person took this time to meditate in the Force since the wiring could not be added until the crystals were put in place.

After another five days had passed the crystals had finished cooling. The person dared not tamper with the crystals so he used the Force to nestle each crystal in to the hilt. Once he was sure they were lined up perfectly, for if they weren't lined up properly, the saber wouldn't work, he began applying the wiring. After an hour of applying the wires, he set down the hilt and stretched his arms. He stood up and grabbed the hilt.

He walked over to the center of the room. He held the hilt with his right hand and swiped his thumb over the thumb pad. Perfectly a meter long energy blade protruded from the Coruscan hilt. The person took a few swipes into the air with the new saber. It flowed perfectly. The magnificent black blade hummed familiarly with every swipe.

The person went to lie down on his bed to sleep once more, but before he did he felt a presence on the edge of his mind. The person hovered near his door to get a better Force glimpse at this new presence. A small flicker of light was noticed in the new presence.

"A Jedi!"

The person spoke to himself. A small trickle of salive came down the side of the person's mouth. Afterall, the person was a Sith. Fighting a Jedi would be the perfect test of his new saber. Killing the Jedi and fulfilling a lust for blood would just give double justification to fighting.

Kaine Darklighter

That blizzard was horrible!

Kaine was out in what seemed the middle of no where, looking for another place to stay. He was out on the artic plain for a small tour, you could call it, when the blizzard came. He didn't plan to stay out in the arctic plain for as long as he did, and only planned to stay out there for several hours. The blizzard had kept him trapped in the arctic plain, with no food, and one small bottle of water. The water lasted him for a day, but that was it. He had hid in a cave for the whole time of the blizzard. His body was weak, as was his mind. Continuing to walk across the deep, cold snow, a presence of another being was felt. He grinned.

So there are people ou-.. A Sith?

Kaine felt the touch of darkness on the being. He was in no shape to fight, and he would probably be killed if he went to fight the Sith. Although, Staying out in the snow would just kill him to. He had to take this chance. Kaine continued walking on. He considered just collapsing in the snow, but the thought of that was obsurd. Either way, Kaine was surely going to die today.

It felt like eternity trying to get to the hut, but only a couple of minutes had passed. Finally, he reached the door of the hut. His body simply collapsed forward, opening the door, and landing with a large thud. Half his body was inside the hut, as snow started to come in the door. He saw the Sith looming over his body, just before his eyes closed.

OOC: My internet hates me at the moment, so until it gets a bit better, I wont be posting.

DarthPoreon

A look of great disgust came over the Sith. There was no honor fighting a fallen opponent.

"You make me sick, weak Jedi."

Poreon spoke to the uncouncious Jedi. Poreon moved his hand quickly to the Jedi's throat, checking for a pulse. Finding a steady pulse, The Sith propped the Jedi up against the wall. He took a step back and examined the Jedi. The Jedi was in a sorry state. Parched lips told of dehydration; The rings under the eyes told of lack of energy. A slightly enlarged stomach told of lack of food.

Wanting blood more than anything, the Sith weighed his possibilities. He could kill the Jedi right now with a simple neck snap. But, there was no honor in that. This left him with only one decision; to nurse the Jedi back to health and then defeat the Jedi honorably.

"Don't ask why."

[i] Poreon reached out with the Force and attempted to levitate the Jedi. As the Jedi rose from the ground, Poreon moved the Jedi onto the bed. Then the Sith turned and went to a small kitchen unit. With the power back online, the Sith began to prepare anything that would be needed to nurse the Jedi back to reasonable health.

Kaine Darklighter

2-3 days later..

“You have good in you, Sith. That is why you nursed me back to health.”

The Sith, Darth Poreon, already had his lightsaber ignited. Kaine was on the opposite side of the room, and was trying to convince Poreon to change. The sith had shown that there was light inside him, by nursing Kaine back to good health.

“The darkness is not the right path. It blinds you of what is right and what is wrong. Being a Sith is wrong. Come with me, Poreon, Come with me to the Jedi.”

Kaine grinned at Poreon, and waited a response.

DarthPoreon

Poreon sneered at the Jedi's grin.

"I did not nurse you to health out of goodness; I nursed you to health for an honorable fight. The Jedi are weak and foolish in the ways of the Force. I would never join your ranks."

Ever since the Jedi began speaking, Poreon's magnificent black blade had been ignited. The steady hum seemed to drown out the foolish philosphy the Jedi was trying to preach. The Darkside was where power was in the Force. The Lightsiders were weak. It seemed that the Sith would have to teach the Jedi where the true power of the Force.

Poreon bent his legs down into a wide defensive stance. He spun his saber in two 360 degree loops. He montioned with his free hand for the Jedi to come foward and fight.

"Grab your saber and fight honorably to your death."

Kaine Darklighter

Kaine sighed softly. He had no need to fight the Sith. But he would have to defend himself. Taking his saber from his hilt, he sighed again.

“As you wish..”

Thumbing the blade to life, the familiar snap-hiss let out. The only sounds left out in the artic plains were the humming of the two sabers. Kaine held his saber out infront of him, getting into a defensive position.

DarthPoreon

Remembering that the two were located inside his cabin, the Sith expelled energy through his hands and pushed the Jedi out the door to the cold South Dantooine Climate. The Sith followed the Jedi by foot. As if expecting a question, the Sith spoke.

"I don't want my house to get dirty."

The Sith smiled, showing his teeth. Against the stark white landscape of the snow covered plains, the black energy blade contrasted greatly. With his free hand, the Sith picked up a chunk of snow. He heaved it at the Jedi. The chunk of snow splattered harmlessly across the Jedi's chest.

"This is no snowball fight."

[i]Then, without warning, the Sith sprung foward, dashing across the snow. His legs sunk into the fresh snow with every step, leaving a deep trail. Gaining momentum, he thrust it into his saber which he likewise thrust towards the Jedi. Expecting the Jedi to sidestep, the Sith turned his body and slashed to where the Force told him the Jedi would sidestep.

Kaine Darklighter

Kaine started to side-step, when his danger senses kicked in. Bringing his saber around, he arced it around Poreon's, then sweeped it to the side. With the opening, Kaine simply raised his knee up into Poreon's gut, making him double over. Jumping backwards, he let out his right foot, booting Poreon across the face. The power of the kick nearly lifted the Sith off the snow, but he merely stumbled backwards. Kaine grinned, and jumped back several metres. He expected a firm landing, when he sunk into the snow. He'd have to get used to this.

Bringing his saber around, He held it out infront of him. Placing his right foot behind him, Kaine got into his unique defensive stance, and awaited the Sith.

DarthPoreon

[i]The Sith regained his footing and straightened himself to his full height. As the Jedi got in an unique defensive stance, the Sith launched himself foward. The snow around him rose upwards with the use of the Force. In the new white out, the Sith plunged into the Jedi. Taking the Jedi down, the Sith quickly rolled off the Jedi and stood up. He released his grip on the snow and it fell towards the soft ground.

The Sith extended his hand and pulled a 2x4 piece of plywood from the side of his cabin. He heaved it with the Force at the Jedi. While the plywood was hurtling through the air, the Sith lifted a piece of permafrost from the ground and hurled that also at the Jedi.

Kaine Darklighter

The silver blade of Kaine's lightsaber suddenly collapsed back into the hilt, and he clipped it back to his belt. Kaine turned his head to the wood, then to the permafrost. He raised up both hands, one pointing to each obstacle coming at him. The Sith, Darth Poreon, stared at Kaine in confusion, wondering what he was doing. Then, from no-where, two pure white balls of what seemed to be energy formed infront of each hands. He twisted his head slightly, and his glare was now locked on the Sith.

“You think they'll hurt me..?”

Suddenly, both balls disconnected from his hands, and flew at their targets. The balls hit their targets, and small rays of harmless white light blasted off in all directions. The wood and the permafrost simply fell back to the ground, sinking into the snow, and the balls of white had now disappeared. A small grin played across the edges of his lips, his glare not leaving the Sith.

“I'll show you another thing I can do ..”

Kaine simply grinned. He had recently learned, while training with his master, Warren, that he could use the force to create fireballs. Warren used to slow down the air molecules to create his Force Shards attack, so, if you made the molecules go faster, you could create a fireball. A small, yet strong growl let forth from his throat, as Kaine concentrated deeply on the force. Darth Poreon simply stared at Kaine in, once again, confusion.

The air molecules infront of Kaine started to speed up, and from Poreon's view, Kaine's face started to blur a bit. The snow near the Jedi's feet slowly started to melt, as the air infront of him continued to heat up. He slowly raised up both hands, putting them infront, but to the side of his head. Suddenly, two force blasts escaped his hands. The air molecules picked up the pace intensly, and shortly after, a large crack-boom was heard, and the air infront of him exploding into flames.

Kaines blue hair had risen into the air, continously blowing in the wind that was put out by the fireball. His shirt and pants were blowing aswell, just like his hair. He simply smiled.

“Now go ..”

The fireball suddenly bursted out, and away from his body. The large ball of flames melted all the snow that it went by, as it continued it's path at the Sith. Kaine grinned, and unclipped the hilt of his saber from his belt. He thumbed it to life, with the silver blade extending out. Even if the Sith tried to side-step, the ball looked as if it would land where he was, and when it landed, it would explode, so atleast he would atleast gain some burns.

Kaine got into his unique defensive position, and watched on as the ball of flames continued it's path to the Sith.

OOC: Edit ~ TTT.

Kaine Darklighter

OOC: TTT again. =P

DarthPoreon

[i]The Sith leaped into the air, using the Force to jump higher. But, the Sith was a second too late. The two energy balls slammed into his shins. The force of the energy balls whipped his legs back, thus foward flipping the Sith. He fell onto the snow and immediately began a roll to rid himself of any flames from his clothes.

With his shins feeling like they were on fire, it would be hard to walk; But, this is what the Dark Side was fueld on. Pain. Filtering the Pain into his Force Power, the Sith foward rolled off of the snow.

He rose, saber in hand, and sprinted across the gap between him and the Jedi. The Sith stuck out with his saber, and the black blade coursed down towards the Jedi Inner Guard Ring. The Jedi brought his saber up for a quick parry. As the blades clashed, the Sith turned his blade the opposite way and struck openingly at the Jedi's arm.