Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blinding the cyclops: Preparation

Akrabbim

Blinding the cyclops: Preparation

After recieving the orders from his higher-ups, Akrabbim embarks on his quest to perform a bit of espionage on the Empire. Several ships had been caught in a certain sector of the galaxy, and it is his job to find out why. But before he could leave and begin his search, he needed the help of a slicer. This job would require a very special piece of code... something to help him slice into whatevre he may find. With the Jedi council backing his operation, he should be able to afford the services of a good slicer. Akrabbim enters one of the local bars, attempting to locate such a person. He slips into the bar and takes a seat, scanning the room. Perhaps a suitable person can be found...

EDIT: Removing info I shouldn't know yet. and title change

Raunkks

Re: Blinding the cyclops...

(It had been a long day of work, and Raunkks was glad to be able to get away from the shop. Clive had gone off to do his thing, while Raunkks had gone off to do his.)

(Raunkks sat silently in a darkened corner of the bar. Not much could be seen of him because of his black, thick scales. Only the hint of a gleam could be seen coming from his large, dark eyes. He was sitting at one of the booths that overlooked the entire bar, one that kept his back solidly placed at a wall. He sipped his drink, something strong and fowl smelling. As he watched the patrons of the bar come and go, he spotted one entering that caught his attention. This one seemed alert and quite confident in his stride. He too observed the crowd, looking for something... or someone. Raunkks merely watched the man in his dark cloak.)

Akrabbim

Akrabbim scans the bar until he notices a certain patron who catches his interest... a Barabel! The Barabel were known for their trust of the Jedi... perhaps this one would follow suit. Akrabbim strides purposefully towards him, making eye contact. Perhaps this man could give him some assistance in his quest. With luck, he would be a slicer. If not, he may at least be able to help him find one. Once he arrives at the table, Akrabbim introduces himself.

Hello. I am Jedi Padawan Akrabbim Melchizan. Would you mind if I joined you at your table? I have a feeling you might be able to help me...

Raunkks

(Raunkks straightened at the mention of "Jedi". Without hesitation, he set his drink down and stood, hitting his right fist to his chest, bowing slightly.)

I am honored that you would join me, Jedi.

Akrabbim

Akrabbim bows to the Barabel.

The honor is mine, my friend. I was wondering if you could help me. I am in need of a good slicer. Shall we sit and discuss matters?

The two sit and resume a more inconspicuous posture. Akrabbim relates the part of his plan which will require the slicing. He tells the Barabel that he needs a piece of equipment that will allow a slicer to do his work from a remote location. It will be hard enough for Akrabbim to infiltrate the Empire. Bringing a slicer along would be impossible. But, if the slicer could work from a distance...

So, do you think you can find a slicer capable of this? And by the way, we have not even formally met. May I inquire your name?

EDIT: Again, removing info I shouldn't know.

DarthPoreon

Trick me once, shame on you. Trick me twice, shame on me.
    The Commodore in the Dantooine Guard thought of the old rhyme as he sat staring over the planet of Dantooine. He had made a mistake and let the Unknown Force get through and almost Destroy AEGSA, The Extra Galactic Survelliance Team. Now with savage wrecked on AEGSA, the Commodore awaited High Command's red folder; a folder that marked expultion for any Imperial Officer.

Awaiting High Command's notice, the Commodore had to do his best to keep the Dantooine Guard ontop of things and not let a scheme like the Unknown Force happen again. To help the Commodore's effort, Grand Moff Poreon issued a marital law over Dantooine until things settled down which, at this rate, seemed like it would never happen.

Also in the Grand Moff's order, he ordered that all ships entering Dantooine Space be routed to a nearby Military Moon where every ship would be checked for goods, people, and anything that could pose a threat to Dantooine.

The Commodore's vivid imagination played horror with his mind on what could happen to him or Dantooine if the Unknown Force were to return or if another Force were to attack.

[c]***[/c]

Intelligence General Regial had been staring at the Keyhole Survelliance View Screens for three hours now looking for any clues of possible attack to any Imperial Planet. The Unknown Force Attack had come out of no where and suprised the Intelligence General. The Keyhole Survelliance System had flaws in it, the General would have to think of ways to fix the flaws.

When Regial's subordinates came into relieve him of his duty, he had yet to see any signs of possible attack yet. Regial quickly retired to his room inside the Keyhole Command Center with the assurance that the he and the Imperial worlds were safe despite the Unknown Force Threat.

Akrabbim

Note to Raunkks and others: Check the edits in the original posts.

Raunkks

(Raunkks nodded his head to the Jedi.)

I am Raunkks. And as to your inquiry, I do know where you can find a slicer that would fit your needs with available equipment.

(He smiled a large, sharp, toothy grin.)

I am an expert slicer. What is it you would require besides the slicer himself and his equipment?

Akrabbim

Akrabbim's eyes brighten at having found a slicer so soon. The man's willingness to help without even quoting a price is an even better sign.

The main thing I need is an interface that can connect you to whatever I may find on my mission. No matter what the cause for the ships' destruction, I have no doubt that the cause will be heavily guarded with security systems. This interface must be undetectable. If it is impossible to make long distance communications undetectable, perhaps the signal could be "piggy-backed" off of the communications between ships. Other than that, I need you to make sure that you stay out of ANY trouble until I need you. Your services would be invaluable to this mission, and if you get arrested or captured, things would not go well for me, to say the least. Are you willing?

Raunkks

(Raunkks once again pressed his right fist to his chest, lowering his head slightly.)

It would be my honor to assist you, Jedi. And I will do it for no cost. What the Jedi did for my people so long ago is without cost, and could never be paid back in full. Therefore, I volunteer my services to you.

Akrabbim

Akrabbim bows once more to the Barabel.

I am humbled by your generosity, my friend. I am in your debt. Should you ever need aid of any kind, please call on me. How soon can you obtain the equipment? If you will not accept payment, at least allow me to help you purchase the necessary components.

Raunkks

(Raunkks grinned.)

The necessary components require no purchasing. My partner owns a gun shop not far from here. Like myself, he also does some information gathering. As to slicing, that is more my department. I have all I need and require from his shop. And if I require more, it can be optained from his warehouse on Nar Shadda.

Akrabbim

Excellent... much better than I could have even hoped. As soon as I have the piece of hardware to carry on my mission, I can proceed with the next step. May I accomany you to your associate's place of business? You can get the equipment you need, and he may have some of the other objects that I could use.

Akrabbim rises from his chair.

I am sorry to be so impatient, but I am anxious to begin my mission. Shall we?

Raunkks

(Raunkks stood, bowing slightly and moving away from the booth to stand beside Akrabbim.)

There is no need for apology. This mission is of importance to you, and I will help you in any way I can. Come. I will take you to my friends shop.

(With that, Raunkks led the way outside of the bar and to his speeder. Both road down to a dead end street not far from the bar. Raunkks parked the speeder in a garage next to an expensive looking one. He continued to lead the way outside of the garage down some moving sidewalks. They descended a couple of levels, before they stood in front of a small weapons shop.)

(Raunkks enterd first, spotting a one-eyed man at the counter.)

Hey, CJ. I'd like you to meet Jedi Akrabbim.

(He turned to Akrabbim.)

Jedi Akrabbim, meet Clive Jerrard.

(Raunkks looked back at Clive to see him smile and extend a hand. Both men shook. Raunkks proceeded to tell Clive what Akrabbim had requested.)

Akrabbim

Akrabbim uses the Force to make himself appear as an average human in civilian clothing as soon as they get into the speeder. He does not want to be connected to this operation in any way before the mission is over. Once he is safely inside the store, he drops his illusion and regards Clive Jerrard.

Mr. Jerrard? I am honored to meet you. I am Akrabbim Melchizan, Jedi Padawan. As your associate has mentioned, I am in need of some equipment. As well, I was wondering if you had a very unusual piece of equipment... a set of Storm Trooper armor and a standard-issue Storm Trooper rifle. As you have seen, I can create illusions. But the best illusions are real. Can you help me?

Clive Jerrard

(Clive rubbed his chin.)

Well, nice to meet ya too, Akrabbim. And, sure, I can get ya the items you mentioned. But I wouldn't have them till two days from now for a regular delivery. I could have it by tomorrow, but it would cost extra.

(He saw Raunkks give him a stern look; a look which meant no sales. Damn reptile and his respect towards Jedi. Clive sighed.)

Well, ya see, the equipment you just asked for is in my home base of opperations on Nar Shadda.

(He gestured towards Raunkks.)

He could take ya there and you could get all the parts you need. Raunkks would see to that.

(He turned to Raunkks.)

Your ship, Emerald Star, had an overhaul yesterday. Should be in tip-top shape and ready to go by now.

Raunkks

(Raunkks grunted and smiled towards Clive, retrieving some items he would need. Once he was finished, he turned to Akrabbim.)

We will use my ship to travel to Nar Shadda to pick up the remainder of the equipment you will require. And, it will cost you nothing.

(He looked at Clive, who merely rolled his eyes and went back to checking inventory.)

Come, Jedi. We shall depart immediately.

(With that, Raunkks began walking out the door.)

Akrabbim

Akrabbim resumes his original illusion, again to avoid any connection with this assignment. As he leaves the store, he turns and speaks to Clive.

I know this will be expensive. The Jedi Order should be willing to compensate your loss.
    [i]
    Akrabbim exits, following Raunkks.

Akrabbim

TTT

Raunkks

(Raunkks heads for his ship, Emerald Star, boarding it and sitting at the pilots seat as the Jedi takes the copilots seat. With deft claws, he launches the ship into space, plotting a course for Nar Shadda, where they will pick up the remaining parts the Jedi will need for his mission. Raunkks is silent during the trip, giving the Jedi respected silence. he will speak if spoken to, otherwise he will remain on course to the task ahead.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast