Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's up with California?

Jedi2016

What's up with California?

I've noticed that right when the new figures come out, I see them all over e-Bay, and all over Sir Steve's Guide, etc.. but I don't see them in stores around here (just outside of San Francisco). So I assume that they've just sold out really fast, and I wind up getting them from e-Bay or some such. Then right after I get my figures, I walk into Toys R Us, and there they are... Is there some sort of delay in getting figures out west here? I've heard that Adi Gallia and the new Anakin are out, but I have yet to see them here. Oh, BTW, I really am a real collector. I have every Episode I figure except those two (that are out so far, anyway)

jjwr

Odds are its the same there as it is here, unless your at the store withhin a day or two of when the new ones come out then you don't get them. Things sell out here very fast, if your not right there then you don't get them, once they've been out longer its easier to get stuff, thats probably why you see them later on. Odds are Cali, especially the big cities isn't late in getting them, too much demand in a high popluation area like that.

Bromine

I'm kind of lucky in Canada, in a way. We get figures almost 5 months after you. This is really a good thing because I already know which figures are rare and what to look for before it hits the shelves.

Mirax H

No, it's not just you, I'm near Vegas and I looke everywhere there and still havn't found them

FHWookie

I live in MN and I don't see them on the shelf either, I get mine from ebay. We JUST now started to get Captain Tarpals, and oom-9. I am a 12" collector so I really look for the 12" ones. i just saw R2-A6 today for the 1st time.

Mirax H

Those are my faves too

CMJ

I live near Dallas and we get all the figures pretty much on time. I have the entire 1st collection of 16...now I'm working on the new ones....

jjwr

I only bought like 5 of the figures, most of them I didn't like that much. though I'm planning on buying some more of them when I get around to it. I'm thinking of getting a bunch of Battle droids. I've got like 10 storm troopers so I need a few battle droids to go along with them.

Bromine

Are figures really only $6.99 in the U.S.?

jjwr

They're $6.74 at Wal-Mart, thats the cheapest where I live.

Bromine

Not a bad deal!

jjwr

They were about $1 cheaper before they added those stupid com-tech chips.

Bromine

Used to be about $5-6 here, now with comm-tech garbage, they're $9.98. Remember when KIDS could afford toys?

jjwr

No kidding, toys used to be cheap, not anymore

Mirax H

I remember when the originals where like $2.49, $1.99 on sale.

jjwr

They were cheap, those and G.I.Joe's I would buy, those were cheap too.

Yoda Lives

I've heard comments in the past about California, like "the SW figure desert known as SoCal!" or something like that. I live by Philadelphia. Up until the Freeze Frame wave, I used to go to FAO Shwarz at the King of Prussia mall every other Thursday and get ANYTHING I ever needed for $8, cuz they ALWAYS ordered stuff regularly. I was able to get 'rare' stuff like all the coll. 2 errors, including the 'grey beard' Ponda Baba. Then last year, they might have ordered once in January, and I NEVER saw anything else new the rest of the year (plus it didn't help that they raised figs to $10 a pop - OUCH!! Can you say 'pegwarmers'?). They've been sorta steady with the TPM stuff, they got in about 10 cases of the Tarpals wave (but no variants like OOM-9 binocs-on-blister or Tarpals warning sticker, those sons-of-*&$^%$!!!!). The Toys-r-Us here is remodeling, and I think they've been too busy throwing Ric Olie and Chancellor Valorum figures into the fire to order anything. Wal*Mart seems pretty steady, though. I lucked out one Friday night 2 months ago and scored two Darth Maul Tatooine figs (one to open, of course - don't flame me, PLEASE!!!!!!). I have all the TPM stuff except for the new Anakin, Adi Gallia, Panaka and Royal Guard. I just found the Gonk classic wave at a Boscov's last weekend. But then again, I've gotten sorta lazy (and cheap) recently...

jjwr

I still haven't found a Tatooine Maul, thats the one I'm looking for. I have a feeling the stores around here aren't gonna order any more of the older ones. Which kinda pisses me off, but I'll get one eventually.

Bromine

Canada is so overwhelmed with peg-warmers, they're sending them back to Hasbro, who will distribute them to needy children. Considering we haven't got ANYTHING new since the first Ep. 1 figs on May 3, it's a good idea, I guess. I still don't see why they didn't just sell them off for, say, $1 each!

jjwr

We've got a ton of those peg warmers here too, most of the lamer characters, but if they did lower the prices I know I'd but them, but not for $7+ a pop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast