Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which actor could play a EU character in a movie?

Mara Jades Father

Which actor could play a EU character in a movie?

Not that htis is likely to ever happen, but just for fun, who could play EU characters. I think Mara Jade would be fun to start with. Iam really bad at names so I hope you know who I am talking about. The thing about Mara is that right now in the books she must be in her 40s same a Luke and she was probably introduced to us when she was in her early to mid 20s. My first choice would be the actress that played Sorcha <sp?> in Willow. She could be beautiful and dangerous. I also like the girl from Starship Troopers, the on that got killed. Though I don't see Mara that muscular. I see Mara as having the muscle tone of a dancer or gymnast. If you are thinking about casting for Mara, Hair dying is approved. There was a Galaxy magazine that said that Jerermy Irons would make a good Thrawn.

Bromine

I'm terrible with names, too. I like your choices for Mara. There's not a lot of athletic-type actresses out there that I can think of... A few weeks back we were discussing something similar here, and I joked that the producers would probably get a big star like Julia Roberts. Basically, I'm voting for just about anyone BUT her. What about Dash Rendar? I think that guy from "the Mummy" might be able to pull it off...

Mirax H

How about Tom Cruise for Wes Janson?

Bromine

Naw, Tom Cruise is too much of a pretty-boy.

Mirax H

Who cares, he looks great in a uniform. And I disagree about Mara, I do think she has a slightly muscular build

Atreyu

I don't particularly care - as long as it isn't a well-kmown person ...

Mara Jades Father

When I think of Dash I thing of a character who is suppose to remind me of Han Solo. So when I think of an actor who reminds me of Harrison Ford I think Dennis Quaid. I think some reddish hair and a little bit of beard, he could play the slick, @#%$ pilot.

Bromine

Yeah, he'd be cool. I always thought it was so darn convenient that just as one ace-pilot smuggler gets frozen in carbonite, another comes along to take his place...

Mara Jades Father

I looked at my last post and I saw the symbols replacing a word. It took me a second to try and remember what I had said because I know i was not being vulgar. The word was c0cky. Can you believe that? That is kind of reaching.

Bromine

While you're at it, don't mention the old @#%$ Van Dyke TV show, or the classic, "Moby @#%$ And never, under any circumstances, mention the @#%$ of the Millennium Falcon.

Atreyu

It is at times over-protective isn't it?

Mara Jades Father

Not to type cast but, Jeri Ryan as Guri.

Atreyu

Oh hell. How could I forget! This topic was posted a fair while ago and we had a HUGE list of who could play who. Here's what I remember (not much really): C'Baoth - Sean Connery Thrawn - Jeremy Irons and Kevin Spacey were the 2 favourites Pellaeon - can't remember, but I've always considered Roy Scheider perhaps good for the role. Luke - almost always the person who posted the post (everyone wanted to get together with Mara see ).

Doc Milo

How about Jack Nicholson as Prince Xisor (sp?).

Mirax H

Oh yeah, that would be hilarious

Bromine

Tommy Lee Jones as Darth Vader: "I want you to scour this galaxy. Search every crater, starship, township, docking port, exhaust port, asteroid, planetoid, and meteoriod until you FIND that Rebel scum!"

Reaper

This is neat. I like Jeremy Irons as Thrawn. I don't think Brendan Fraiser could pull off Dash though...he's too goofy. What about Nicole Kidman as Mara? I do like that chic from Willow though. P.S. Mira...Wes Janson has an actor who plays him already.

Mara Jades Father

I was thinking of Nichole Kidman today too.

Froghopper

Patrick Stewart would make a good somebody He is very versitile -he played Gurny(sp?) in Dune as well as mannny other roles. I'm sorry- I'm new to EU but, I'm sure there must be somebody he could play, and play it really well.

Darth McBain

How about Rutger Hauer as C'Baoth? I don't know if it would work, but it could be interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast