Thread: Boba Fett rumor

Jedi Master Kyle

Boba Fett rumor

Nothing that new...

<font color="yellow">Unlike Anakin, who was 8 or 9 in the last film, Boba Fett is 12 or 13 here and will come across much more mature. Lucas has done something quite interesting with this character, actually. He's not evil at all and like most kids he is mostly innocent. However, when certain events happen in this film (and into SW3) it becomes quite clear why Boba grows up with the apparent quiet rage he has in the classic films. </font>

ReaperFett

grrrrrr

Jedi Master Kyle

What's irking you Reaper?

Bromine

That sounds suspiciously like Anakin: Starts out an innocent kid, then something happens and we discover why he grows up to be evil. The rumour sounds made up to me.

ReaperFett

I dislike all the revealing of Bobas past

Jedi Master Kyle

It does sound rather generic, doesn't it?

mez7

"Boba Fett is 12 or 13 here"

c'mon!!! i dont want to see OT characters as kids, what next 10 year old lando and han??
    id rather just see a bunch of mandalorians and not have any of them mentioned as boba, exactly, just maybe have one with similar colors or something to that effect, but dont call him by name on film,

Jedi Master Kyle

They called him by name in Jedi!

Bromine

Like I've said before, GL's digging his own grave by putting Boba Fett in Episode 2. He will NEVER be able to fulfill fan's fantasies about Boba's past, so he'll end up disappointing them no matter how good the story is. This may sound harsh, but you ask any Boba fan what they like about him and they'll all say "his mysterious nature".

Jedi Master Carr

I think GL can keep some of Fett's character secert if we only see him as a boy briefly and then later on we see him dressed in the armor we still will know little of his true character.

Bromine

Yes, but that's the double-threat: Fans are now expecting to learn all about Boba. If they don't, many wil feel gyped, and if they do learn a lot about him, many will be disappointed that it's not how they imagined.

mez7

JMK- im just talking about his apearance in EP2,
    not the OT,

personally i dont want to see boba in EP2 at all,
    its going to ruin a great character at least i think so,
    i just dont see how a kid boba will be good at all,

Jedi Master Kyle

Ah I see.

Well, I don't mind if Boba is in Episode 2, and I'm going to try and keep an extremely open mind about what George decides to do with him.

But GL is certainly playing with fire. When he was written for ESB, I don't think GL expected him to become the huge hit that he did. Now that he is one of the biggest characters, he has to write a back-story for him which we all hope is fitting.