OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    Now I want to RP a post-apocalypse cattle drive to California.
    If I do anything with this, it'll be a cattle drive. That idea is simply amazing.
    ! Glad you like.

I am game for starting on a cruise ship (coming into port in the Gulf?). I'll have my chick be on vacation, she's from a ranch in Texas, and then once she finally gets home we could do the drive at some point. Maybe?

oh what a tangled web I weave

Genesis
    So would the ship be a microcosm of what happens to the world? Like ten percent disappear, another ten percent get really sick and the others get powers/grotesque? I guess that would mean everyone gets sick, technically, just some get better.

Edit: this is Holly >_>
    Last edited by Genesis; Feb 9th, 2013 at 10:29:56 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Not everyone would get sick. Some people would be completely unchanged and unaffected.

Do we want to set up an establishing scene of who these people are before the event happens? It would be a good way of providing contrast to how they appear and act after / if they change

Genesis
    Perhaps it's a fancy dinner on board so we mingle for a bit before disaster strikes? A week into a two week cruise?

Dasquian the Elf
    ^ This was what Droo and I discussed earlier.

Based on the time the event hits, it would be about 10:30pm and we'd be out in the middle of the ocean, on the way back from South America to Florida. Everyone would be at some dinner/party when everything... changed

There would be some time before we got back to port, allowing time for the initial panic on land to decrease some and of course for all of us on board to freak out plenty.

We also discussed that we think it would be cool if we did not reveal a lot about our characters OOC, in the way that we normally do, and instead allowed their histories and such to unfold IC. Make it all more mysterious!

Genesis
    Sounds good to me. So stop asking me about my character!

James Bermondsey
    I hope that there are young, attractive lady masseurs on this boat. I may not be able to feel anything from my waist down, but that doesn't mean nobody else should.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: droogydroo
    http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23134

Thread's up. Sorry about the wait.

Genesis
    Hooray!

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Great posts so far everyone

If everyone is okay with the idea, I'd like to propose that we each have two posts before the event hits. Just to give a little glimpse into the 'status quo' is, without going into too much detail.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

I'm good with that. Since we're pretty much soloing our intro posts anyway, if people want to include more, they can always just write longer posts.

I know that a lot of us either dislike or can't be bothered with keeping wiki pages up to date. However, with us revealing information about our characters a tiny piece at a time, it's going to be super-important to make sure all of that stuff is written down, just in case someone doesn't read that particular thread, doesn't remember every single post that we ever write, etc.

Would it make life easier if one person kept the wiki up to date on everyone's behalf? I have the free time for that, and it'll make it much easier to keep tabs on what has been updated and what hasn't: the alternative is that with too many cooks working on the same broth we may end up with both putting salt in not realising that the other has, neither putting the carrots in because they assume the other one has, the stock cube getting knocked down the side of the oven because the cooks were focusing on something else, etc.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I'm not going to make a wiki for this roleplay, to be honest, and I won't be reading anyone elses wiki entries for their characters for this story. I want my character to learn things about people/places/organisations solely by interacting with them. I am trying to keep the amount of stuff that I know OOC down to a minimum.

But that's just me

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Droo
    Gamer IDs

I'm not exactly sure how you'd propose going about that but it sounds like quite an undertaking. Would your suggestion involve writing character wiki pages or summaries of the threads themselves?

Right now, with the setting in its infancy, and with the proposal in place to keep OOC knowledge of characters deliberately obscure, I don't really see the need for something like this right now, or more to the point, in the near future. As it stands, I don't see this becoming overly complicated, what with our small cast of characters. Any niggling questions could always be directed to the roleplayer. I'm not totally against the idea, I do like the wiki a lot, but as things stand with this new setting, I don't think it's something we need to be concerned with at the moment.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    ...it's going to be super-important to make sure all of that stuff is written down, just in case someone doesn't read that particular thread, doesn't remember every single post that we ever write, etc.
    The most likely threads you won't read are the ones your character isn't in. And if they aren't involved in it, then the IC information would be unknown to them, so when you ar eunable to refer to said info in the future, thats perfectly fine since your character never found it out to begin with.

And BTW I will be in on this, just haven't decided on a "thing" yet. Plus I'm pondering over The Bat so mneh!

My reservation is that we're going to make this setting extremely difficult for people to join in the future. We're making it really tricky for people to know what sorts of characters there are, what voids there are that they could conceivably fill, and so on. Yes, people can ask if they need to... but we could also just as easily write things down. No one is going to need an in-depth encyclopaedia, but I don't see the harm in a few simple bullet-point pages to make people's lives easier. I'm not just talking about characters either.

I seem to be the only one worried about though, so ho-hum.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    The activity level is tiny, we can count active RPers on our two hands, so no, I am not overly worried about people suddenly showing up and not being able to talk to someone else and figure out where to jump in.

Peter post as Batman

Edit: cruise ship disaster underway right now, read for awful ideas of what to have happen in the RP http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/12/travel...html?hpt=tr_c1
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Feb 13th, 2013 at 02:59:14 AM.

Amelia Murray
    I don't know why I took such a long time to post to this but I just did.

Blues
    If it is still open to join, this role play sounds like it could use more Proto Man.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    BUMP

would anyone object to me repurposing/tweaking this idea slightly?

With the resurgence in interest in MU, I was thinking that the cause of the weird event might be mutant based and localised to the cruise ship. Specifically, Francoise Dupont is on board the ship and causes a shift in planes so that the passengers basically become alternate reality, mutant versions of themselves. So people who were 'mundane' before are now mutants, and some people just... go poof and don't exist at all, because they don't exist in the alternate reality.

Does that make sense? Does anyone have any major objections?

Here's our original passenger list: http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread....Passenger-List

And our thread: http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread....-Come-the-Fall (which we can always continue?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast