Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leaving the Door Open

Flux
    Ya damn right was the thought that flickered through his head, but he didn't voice it. His hate was focused, not clouding his mind like it had normally. He stole one gun, jammed others, and cut down the token resistance they met on the way up front. As they approached the edge of the hall the place seemed to open up. There was more light coming in, but no sign of more guards. Flux motioned for Geryon to stop, and all was still. He reached out his magnetic power into the lobby to learn what metal awaited, and perhaps get the lay of the land without having to risk his head doing so.

Doktor Klaus Heidegger
    Klaus looked with idle boredom at his wristwatch. He bought it just for this day. He looked at the watch's face and saw the little hands had stopped moving. The little gears that set the watch in motion had been magnetized.

Flux was finally here.

Klaus unfastened the watch's leather strap and let the thing hit the floor.

"Hello, Felix," the doctor called out. "You certainly are clever. You've managed to escape the prison--almost. The door is behind me. It's unlocked. I'm unarmed. Not one security officer is with me. They're all coming up behind you. I won't attempt to stop you. You've earned your escape. You are free to leave."

Flux
    A metal chain spun through the air like a bolo, wrapping around the doctor's neck before it flew to meet the metal support beams that crossed the lobby's ceiling. Heidegger hung from his neck, strangling, and Flux stepped out with a look of cold fury on his face.

"Eat shit, Picklepuss. Can't wait to see your obituary attached to the story of our escape. C'mon, Geryon, we're out." The doors blew away into the street as he stepped through them and made his escape.

The Brotherhood
    It was going to be that easy?

Geryon pivoted so he could keep his eyes on Heidegger as he passed by, but the doc just twisted on the length of chain like a man condemned while the front doorway of the lobby beckoned. For the first time in weeks, the three-armed mutant could feel the sticky heat of the Angelino afternoon, and there wasn't so much as a syringe-wielding orderly to oppose him.

And he hated it. Hated that Heidegger had handed it to them on a silver platter, and that Flux didn't even seem to give it a second thought. But freedom was freedom. If he had to choose between running into an open parking lot and charging back into the teeth of Jericho's hired goons... well, that wasn't a choice at all.

Geryon gave the doctor a lingering, accusing look, and then he lumbered off through the busted doorway into the open air after his brother.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123