Thread: Official Jedi Actions regarding Rebel Sith?

Sith Official Jedi Actions regarding Rebel Sith?

I guess I just want to know what actions we've actually taken to protect the Jedi from this threat?

Alliance intel suggested restricting traffic and jumping to new coordinates which I don't know that we did seeing as Vega got on board and wreaked havoc. Also now we (as of Information Overload) have the word of Sol that Lok is indeed a Sith as suspected initially by Intel.

So what have we done, who are we telling, and what are we going to do?

there is no passion; there is serenity
    there is no death; there is the Force

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    The window of time from when Zem told the Council to when Vega attacked was a relative small one, so it is understandable that the measures put in place had not been enacted just yet. Also keep in mind, that it was agreed upon in the planning thread (and mentioned in The Price of Failure) that s'Il placed a tracking device aboard the Whaladon. It would of course be found, but it was understood that the tracking device would help us to facilitate a BSG 33 style thread.

Okay.

I'm thinking an RP titled "One Step Back" which the Council and senior Jedi or just the Council or maybe just Loki (j/k ) has a meeting with the most senior Rebel officers in the Wheel Fleet (so Tyree, and now Cirr as the Novgorod is there at this point in time while not an official member of the convoy, and whoever else - Rogue leader perhaps? up to them who to bring I guess) to impart the knowledge we got from Sol's transmission which we are receiving in Information Overload.

NB. Post written prior to Holly's last.

Has the Alliance even been told of the situation by the time Vega arrived?

Zem came and told the Council. But as yet, no one seems to have roleplayed the Council telling anyone else. No one has taken a shuttle to the Challenger in order to bring Vansen Tyree in on this little secret. No one has left the Wheel to fly to Bothawui or Dac to talk to either the Alliance military, Alliance Intel, or the High Council. No one has even picked up the phone and given the Alliance a call (which is quite fortunate: if they had, the Empire would probably have been able to intercept it).

I don't think it's unreasonable that the Jedi didn't go to Vansen straight away. They don't know yet that he has the exact location of the Wheel. They also don't know that Vansen Tyree can be trusted: he's a close friend of Lok s'Ilancy, and Dan is a highly respected member of the military. It might be that Vega's attack (which is a matter of days after the Dan Reveal) - combined with the Information Overload reveal - is the event that forces the Jedi to bring Vansen into the loop, and demonstrates to the Jedi that they absolutely have to go and tell the Alliance.

As far as security measures go... the ones I think that Vansen would propose would be the following:
    • Restriction of all traffic between ships in the Wheel. No civilian vessels may board or dock with any other civilian vessels. Anyone required to move from one vessel in the Wheel to another will do so via military shuttle, crewed by military personnel.
    • Restriction of all traffic arriving at the Wheel. Any newly-arriving ship - civilian or Alliance - will be stopped and searched by military personnel before it is permitted to dock with any craft within the Wheel. All new arrivals and all supplies / cargo will be delivered to the Challenger before being distributed to the fleet via military shuttle; no arriving vessel will be permitted to dock directly with the Whaladon or any other ship.
    • Restriction of communications. All non-military vessels will have their faster-than-light (holo) communications mechanically disabled by military engineers. All transmissions within the Wheel will be kept to an essential minimum; military personnel will monitor all transmissions from Wheel vessels, and Combat Air Patrols will be additionally tasked to detect and neutralise unauthorised FTL communications. Like s'Il's beacon

Alliance Intelligence will no doubt want to do more, but I think it's important to remember that it's the Alliance military whose ships and personnel are defending the Wheel, not Intel; it would be nice if any action taken did not exclude the likes of Vansen Tyree and Rogue Squadron.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I was working under the assumption that all traffic in and out of the convoy was grounded, and have already been RPing that people need to get some kind of senior clearance before they're allowed to move from one ship to another.

If we want to RP out coming to that (and other) conclusion(s), I can chip whoever would be helpful.

TheHolo.Net Poster

We'll settle this the old navy way; The first guy to die, LOSES!

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Jace
    I have a character who is an Intelligence Officer in the Navy (Carré Inirial's big brother), and have been looking for an excuse to migrate him to the Wheel.

Is there any chance we could find a way to involve him in this somehow?