Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawaiian Friday

Dion Godfrey

Open Roleplay [X-Men] Hawaiian Friday

Dion was naked.

Well, not completely naked. He was wearing a lei. Or a lay. Or whatever those flowery Hawaiian necklace things were called. While that did mean he was safe from any accusations that he was flashing a bit too much collarbone, it didn't do much to hide anything else.

He was also wearing - or at least, trying to wear - the bottom half of a lime green bikini that he'd bought. There wasn't much of it, given the amount of money that he'd had to pay; but of greater frustration was the fact that he couldn't manage to get the damned thing past his knees.

He'd already given up on the top half. Who'd have thought it would be so difficult to find womens clothes for a man in LA of all places?

With a defeated sigh, he stripped off the inappropriately sized undergarments, and tugged his tightie-whities back on. A scowl was thrown at the grass skirt that he would have to wear instead. It wasn't so much that he wanted to wear a bikini. He just found it hard to feel comfortable and relaxed when there was a massive blade of grass constantly trying to climb inside your backside all night.

For a moment, his attention lingered on the coconut bra; a staple of the Hawaiian themed drinking excursion perhaps, but a little too much perspiration over the course of the night and you ended up with coconut suction marks around your nipples. That was a look that very few could pull off.

"Balls to it," he muttered to himself, catching a brief glance in the mirror. "I need a drink."
    Last edited by Dion Godfrey; Apr 9th, 2012 at 07:49:10 PM.

Tristan Heller
    Tristan was not naked. He was wearing a garish Hawaiian shirt and a loud pair of Bermuda shorts, and he was not even remotely happy about either of them. The combination of red and purple would not have looked good on anyone; worse, it was a far cry from the understated and stylish dark colours he normally wore.

He wasn't thrilled about working nights either; but with the schools and universities on their summer break, and with the city crammed with tourists who had come to soak up the sunshine, apparently Dion needed all hands on deck at Bar None. There were considerably more nautical and pirate references when Dion had explained it of course; Tristan had come to accept that a normal conversation with his new employer was nigh impossible.

Idly, he scrubbed at the rim of a pint glass with a tea towel. It wasn't necessary: the bar had a high tech dishwashing contraption that spat out spotlessly clean glasses in a matter of minutes. It just made him feel better; made him feel less like he was a glorified vending machine.

He glanced at his watch. 20:53. Discounted drinks began at 21:00.

Seldom could you rely upon students to show up on time for anything; but in Tristan's experience, they didn't often let themselves miss even a second if there was the prospect of buying alcohol without having to pay full price for it.

Dion called it an Extended Happy Hour. Tristan thought of it simply as Hell.

And there were only seven more minutes of peace and quiet to go.

Bianca Sohlus
    "Hey handsome."

Bianca grinned as she came out of the kitchen, weaving through the tables to stand at the end of the bar. Tristan was...not amused. But she could hardly blame him, given what the boss-man's dress code was for Hawaiian Friday.

She could have cared less. The less she wore, the bigger her tips were. It worked like a charm, and she took damn fine care of herself. Natural care, she mused, not the silicone shit that was all over LA these days.

Adjusting the Hawaiian print bra-top, she just hoped the girls stayed in. Dion had, shockingly, ordered it just a bit smaller than she needed. But at least he'd saved the coconut bra for himself.

She and Tristan were likely hoping it wasn't the only thing he was wearing when he graced them with his presence.

"Five minutes 'til they let the savages in. You need anything?"
    Bi said crossing her arms on the bar-top.

Tristan Heller
    "An escape plan?" Tristan grunted.

That was probably a little optimistic; though apparently parts of Bianca already had escape plans of their own. He mentally nudged himself to aim his eyes elsewhere. It wasn't an amorous glance that drew his eyes in that direction; it was autopilot more than anything else. Male eyes were programmed to seek out breasts; female fashion was designed to make them as easy as possible for men to find. It didn't matter that his eyes didn't look when they got there.

Not that there was anything wrong with Bianca in particular; she was a perfectly nice, attractive young girl. He just preferred his women a little -

Older.

His mind finished that for him. A disgruntled half protest thought about raising himself; but it was sadly true. He'd been feeling his age a lot lately; and while he wasn't old, he was older, and he'd reached that stage in his life where he frankly didn't feel he had the energy or enthusiasm to tangle himself up with anything on the young side of thirty-five.

Not that Bianca didn't insist on her playful attempts, of course. Tristan managed to muster a small smile for her.

"Just keep the empty glasses coming in, and I'll keep the filled ones going out." He glanced at his watch again. "The sooner this starts, the sooner it'll be over, and I can go change into something that doesn't look like my wardrobe was raped by a bag of skittles."

Bianca Sohlus
    She smiled sympathetically, fingers lifting to adjust the silk hibiscus blossom clipped into her chestnut curls. Nights like this, while profitable, weren't her favorite to work. Discounted drinks meant increased traffic, especially with it being summer and the bar being so close to campus.

There would be college students coming out of their ears for hours.

"Sorry Tristan...we're both stuck for tonight. Unless you want to make a run for it out the back before the boss-man comes out of his office."

Bianca nodded her thanks as he slid a tray across the bar-top for her, just as the doors opened. A broad, wicked smile curled her glossy lips, her features brightening as if she'd suddenly turned a light on overhead.

"Showtime!"

Antonio was hanging around in the parking lot, waiting for his friends to arrive. The UCLA crowd was severely depleted due to it being summer, but there were enough local students that he'd been able to round up a good crowd to try out the new bar. It was really close to Anna's too, so he could crash there overnight if he had too much to drink.

After all, he was turning 21 in less than a year. That had to count for something, right? "Wooo, Elias!" He high fived a guy he'd seen in a few of his chem classes but didn't really know. The guy returned the gesture, but as more of a defensive move rather than a celebration. 'Tonio kept looking, watching for one person in particular to show up before he joined the rest of the people in the bar.

Riley Grace
    "Ti, I'm going to kill you. I am NOT wearing a skirt this short!"

"Yes you are, now shut up and get dressed. I'll be there eventually."

"Tiana, I swear, I-"

Riley swore as the line clicked off to the sound of Tiana's laughter. For someone with such an austere upbringing, she had no idea where this side of her friend had come from.

Shaking her head, she bit her lip and eyed the outfit lying on her bed. She had to admit, Tiana did have an eye for clothes. And the outfit was cute. And...though it was a group, she really was looking forward to seeing Antonio again. Even more than usual, given the events of a few days prior.

That decided her.

Riley got dressed and left her bright copper curls loose around her shoulders. Make-up was minimal, simply a line of kohl around her eyes and a touch of gloss on her lips. With keys, cards, and her phone in hand, she ventured out of the apartment, locking it behind her.

It didn't take her long to get to the bar, just about a ten minute walk from her apartment. Outside in the parking lot, amidst the cars, she spotted a familiar, handsome face. Keys and her cards went in one pocket, her tiny phone in the other. Fingers smoothed out her cropped top and absently straightened her naval piercing.

Only then did she walk up to him, head tilted, with a smile curling her shimmering lips. "Waiting for someone in particular?"
    Last edited by Riley Grace; May 3rd, 2012 at 09:22:39 AM.

'Tonio beamed down at her. "Oh, you know it. Looking good, Gracey!" He took her hand and gave her a little spin so he could properly appreciate her outfit. "Is Taya with you tonight?"

He looked up over her head, catching sight of a familiar looking truck entering the parking lot. "Gotta go meet someone, I'll catch up with you inside, ok Riley?" He squeezed her hand before releasing it, and jogged out into the parking lot leaving her behind.

Riley Grace
    She dipped her head and smiled again, her cheeks warming as he turned her around. "Thanks...and no. I'm actually not sure what she's up to tonight."

Glancing back over her shoulder, she nodded. "Alright...I'll see you in there! Our usual spot." Riley grinned as he jogged off, watching him go for several moments.

Unf.

Right.

Inside.
    Last edited by Riley Grace; Apr 26th, 2012 at 08:44:40 PM.

After a minute hanging on the side of Joaquin's pickup truck, Antonio jogged back to the bar and flashed his ID at the bouncer. The guy looked at it, looked at Antonio, and then procured a wristband that would let him buy alcohol.

He walked inside and sidled up to Riley's side. Running a hand down the edge of one of her wings he said, "You are looking positively angelic tonight."

Riley Grace
    She didn't have to tilt her head to look in order to know who'd sidled up to her nice and close. Antonio was the only one who ever did that, and frankly, it made her heart skip a beat.

Riley did tilt her head up as he ran a hand down the side of one wing, leaning against him and kissing his cheek. "You say the sweetest things..." she smiled, handing him the beer from in front of her. She picked up the tall mixed drink and happily sipped from the strong concoction.

"I haven't even broken out the Spanish, yet," 'Tonio grinned, ordering a beer and leaning against the bar. He looked at her drink and quipped, "Good thing you live within walking distance, if you're gonna be chugging those all night." He winked, handing his credit card to the bartender to start a tab. "Put hers on that too."

Riley Grace
    "Ohhh...well, feel free to bust that out anytime." Riley grinned and took another long sip of her drink. She cast her grey eyes across his features and drank in the sight of his smile.

"Keep buying them for me and I just might take you home with me while I'm at it." She arched a brow and tried to keep a straight face in spite of the warmth in her eyes.

"Promesas, promesas," he teased. "Should I close our tab already?" Antonio grinned, making as though to get the bartender's attention, and Riley protested. Halfheartedly, he thought, still grinning.

"All right, all right, I guess we should, I dunno, dance or something." He made a show of pretending to slick back his very short hair, giving his head a little shake. "It's not salsa but it'll do."

Riley Grace
    She laid a hand flat against his chest as she shook her head, her smile bright and maybe a little wicked. The game between them had changed those few days ago, and she was more than willing to find out where it would go next.

"Salsa? You should take me some time...but give me a warning. I'll have to go shopping for something appropriate to wear."

She took a sip from her drink and slowly walked her fingers up his chest to pat his cheek. "Alright...show me what you've got, honey."

You mean, something inappropriate to wear, don't you Gracey. Her hems and necklines had been getting higher and lower, respectively, since he'd met her.

He laughed, putting his hand over hers on his chest and lifting it away. He pulled her in the direction of the dance floor where a lively group was rocking out to a remix of Poker Face by Lady Gaga. "Oh, I'll show you mine if you show me yours." Antonio grinned, situating themselves in the center of the floor.
    Last edited by Antonio Fernandez; May 2nd, 2012 at 10:05:21 PM.

Riley Grace
    She set her drink down on an empty table at the edge of the dance floor, and let him pull her into the center. She kept her wings swept back, but the feathers still shimmered in the rippling colored lights.

"You've got a deal, 'Tonio..." Riley winked as she held onto his hand and spun around in a little circle in time to the beat, before sliding in close.

The music was too loud on the dance floor to really talk, so he snugged her in close, their bodies rubbing against each other to the beat of the music. She was up against his thigh as he moved his hips, and suddenly all he could think about was getting her alone somewhere... anywhere...

Riley Grace
    Even if the music wasn't too loud, there wouldn't be anything worth saying in those several...minutes. One song melted into the other and she completely lost track of the time they spent out there, practically melted together.

They didn't pull apart when the music broke, at least, not immediately. Riley's arms were looped around his neck, so she tilted her head and kissed him, lingering until she needed to breathe.

Damn...he tasted even better when she wasn't covered in paint.

She pulled back with a wicked smile curling her lips, letting one hand trail slowly down the center of his chest. "I was going to suggest we talk about the paint incident..."

"I like talking," he said into her ear, his hands still resting comfortably on her hips. "Let's talk about it." Or we can just go back to your place and... Antonio took her hand and drew her back to the bar, letting her order another drink if she wanted one. He remained close, one hand on the small of her back as he got a second beer.

The kiss tonight meant that the first kiss hadn't been an accident. He grinned roguishly down at her when she caught him looking, and he tugged her closer, daring to kiss her while the bartender filled their orders. "See," he murmured, "I love talking." He kissed her again, no longer worried about their long friendship or what this complication was going to do to it.

He was a chem major, after all. He knew good chemistry when he saw it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast