Saturday, Jan 14
    NO @ SF
    DEN @ NE

Sunday, Jan 15
    HOU @ BAL
    NYG @ GB

Kyran O'Hurn
    Saturday, Jan 14
    NO W @ SF - My heart says SF but my head says NO. If I get this one wrong I will not be disappointed
    DEN @ NE W - Beating a hobbled PIT team is one thing, beating NE is quite another.

Sunday, Jan 15
    HOU @ BAL W - BAL defense is going to eat Yates up and spit him out.
    NYG @ GB W - GB just keeps rolling.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    Saturday, Jan 14
    NO @ SF (W) (*Shrugs* going with homefield)
    DEN (W) @ NE (Upset, anyone?)

Sunday, Jan 15
    HOU @ BAL (W) (Again, going with homefield)
    NYG @ GB (W) (Wouldn't be entirely shocked if the Giants pulled one out)

<!-- / message -->

W NO @ SF (I think the Saints might be playing the best right now)
    DEN @ NE W (Foxboro is a tough place to play and NE will score 30-40 points. Tebow will not out-duel Brady)

Sunday, Jan 15
    HOU @ BAL W (Baltimore is too good for Houston)
    NYG @ GB W (I think the Packers have too much firepower for the Giants)

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Saturday, Jan 14
    NO @ SF (W)
    DEN @ NE (W)

Sunday, Jan 15
    HOU @ BAL (W)
    NYG @ GB (W)

No way I'm missing a stunning upset this week!

Of course, I might miss an obvious 49-0 drubbing.

Saturday, Jan 14

NO @ SF WIN - I'm counting on the 49ers to strike a blow for defense in this pass-happy postseason.
    DEN WIN @ NE - Because some men aren't looking for anything rational. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Sunday, Jan 15
    HOU WIN @ BAL - Baltimore hasn't done so well with teams that are clearly worse than them this year.
    NYG WIN @ GB - The Giants' pass rush is just the recipe to stop Aaron Rodgers behind an injured O-line.

I can't see 3 road teams winning. I still see the home teams either going 3-1 or 4-0. In the past, the home teams have dominated this round of the playoffs.

Oh, I agree. I just decided to pick for teh lulz this week.

Though I could certainly see the 49ers and Giants winning if they catch some good breaks early on and are able to settle into a rhythm against those weak defenses. And I really hope somebody with a defense makes it to the Super Bowl, even if it has to be the Ravens. If we get the Patriots and Packers, it's just going to be an arena football game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Oh, I agree. I just decided to pick for teh lulz this week.

Though I could certainly see the 49ers and Giants winning if they catch some good breaks early on and are able to settle into a rhythm against those weak defenses. And I really hope somebody with a defense makes it to the Super Bowl, even if it has to be the Ravens. If we get the Patriots and Packers, it's just going to be an arena football game.
    LOL ok now I see. The Niners could win, but if they kick FGS and don't get TDs they will lose. You got to get in the end zone to beat the Saints. The Giants need to get a lot of pressure on Rodgers to win. As for defense well the Ravens are probably the only chance. The Niners offense is bad and I think they will have trouble keeping up with the Packers if they can even beat the Saints. I actually do see an offense SB with either the Packers/Saints playing the Pats. Regardless, I think the NFC will win its 3 straight SB. The NFC is just too good right now.

Saturday, Jan 14
    NO WIN @ SF
    DEN @ NE WIN

Sunday, Jan 15
    HOU @ BAL WIN
    NYG @ GB WIN

I would prefer to see SF win, of course, but I also think that NO is just too strong right now. And I will also be tickled pink if I turn out to be wrong. Even if SF loses, I'm still super duper happy that they got this far and if Jim Harbaugh isn't named coach of the year, then something is really really wrong.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    Mmmmmm, DELICIOUS
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Saturday, Jan 14
    (W) NO @ SF
    DEN @ NE (W)

Sunday, Jan 15
    HOU @ BAL (W)
    NYG @ GB (W)

Though I wouldn't be surprised with a Giant (hah, get it!?) upset this week.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

So, why does everyone keep calling me Mr. Blonde?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EquableJarl0 PSN ID: TXViking43
    No
    Den
    Bal
    Gb

jjwr
    On the road but want to get my picks in. Going with all 4 home teams

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

Saturday, Jan 14

NO (W) @ SF - I'm starting to think this game will be a little closer than many think, but the Saints will still get it done. Bottom line, the 49ers are not built for a shootout, and if they get behind and are forced to put the ball in the hands of Alex Smith, he'll eventually make mistakes that New Orleans will capitalize on.

DEN @ NE (W) - All the talk is about the influence of Tim Tebow and his will to win on his Broncos teammates. Something tells me that there's no way Tom Brady lets his team lose this game. He's tired of the recent playoff struggles at home, and will come out with something to prove. A motivated Brady will be too much for Denver to handle.

Sunday, Jan 15

HOU @ BAL (W) - Running games and defenses are both very good for these two, so they wash each other out. So, passing efficiency will be the difference. I really don't trust either of these two passers, but Flacco has at least won in the playoffs and has shown at times that he can make things happen. Yates is going to be overwhelmed.

NYG @ GB (W) - It's been amusing this week watching all the pundits talk up the Giants and say they have such a great shot to win this game, yet they lose their bluster when they are asked to actually pick the upset. I've seen a few pick the Giants, but their reasoning has been completely flawed (I'm looking at you, Marshall Faulk of the NFL Network). I think Green Bay is loving that despite going 15-1 and being the defending Super Bowl champs, they are getting little media love. All the talk has been about the Giants peaking at the right time, or how good New Orleans has looked. I think they come out on Sunday, make a statement that they are ready to defend their title and win by two touchdowns.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Wow What a game. 4 lead changes in under the last 4 minutes, glad to see the 49'ers advancing over the Saints.

So my prediction of a Saints-Packers Super Bowl rematch has proven to be wrong. And I have never ever been so happy to be so wrong.

What a freakin' game. And I loved seeing Vernon Davis sobbing as he hugged Jim Harbaugh.

:clap

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Looks like the Bronco's have come up with a bum leg, and the Pats are putting them to sleep right now. From the way tempers are flaring I think we've seen the birth of a new rivalry.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

It just amazes me what a different team New Orleans is away from the Superdome. San Fran played well on defense today, but the Saints had some major self-inflicted wounds yet again on the road.

Credit the Niners offense and Alex Smith for making plays in crunch time, on multiple drives in the 4th quarter. I wasn't sure he had it in him.

Wow, I have to admit that I'm really surprised by what's happening at Lambeau Field. Time for the Niners to roll out the red carpet to welcome the Giants.

And yes, I am a total dork, last year's Super Bowl was the Packers and the Steelers, not the Packers and the Saints. I'm going to blame my boo-boo on the pain meds I've been taking for my bad back. O_o

The Packers looked really off. I think the bye week hurt them. I do wonder if the death of the OC's son effected the team at all. I think the SB will be Niners-Pats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast