Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pen & Paper: Hall of Heroes

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    actually you are a meadow elf and not a wood elf.
    wiki-aventurica.de/wiki/Auelf

Your race is more open to humans.

Dasquian the Elf
    Cool I've just discovered a dictionary of the elven language. Now, to learn some offensive words...

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

OMG I am doomed my players have started to do research

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I can't help it it's a writer thing, I guess? I just like to know the cultural context of my characters even if most of that context doesn't play into the actual game itself!

Kurth Halx
    Yeah I'm searching now to see if there's anything that'll help me

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    This looks like it could be your god http://wiki-aventurica.de/wiki/Praios and your faction: http://wiki-aventurica.de/wiki/Orden...rahl_Praios%27

BTW don't worry Peter, I am not looking up anything in relation to the locations that we're visiting or the story we're following

Kurth Halx
    It's also probably in your favor that my grip on German is feeble and reserved to ordering food, conversational interactions, World War 2, and profanity.

edit: also Nena, Rammstein, and Tabula Rasa lyrics

edit edit: and Lola Rennt

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    The wiki has some articles translated into English here http://www.wiki-aventurica.de/index....les_in_English but I'm just using Google Chrome's built-in translator to browse the German version of the wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    OMG I am doomed my players have started to do research
    Apparently, Thorwal is really into Imman... a sort of hockey / lacrosse / hurling type thing, that Thorwal seems to make a big deal out of.

I think Google Translate might have had a seizure, because the team from Prem (second biggest city in Thorwal) is supposedly called the Sperm Whales.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    DAGGERTITS

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nuime Steam ID: Nuime
    Ohgod there's a wiki I can translate? *GOES*

I'm so doomed.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I could give you an ftp account on panic.org, I've got stupid amounts of space that I barely use.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Dasquian the Elf
    I'm so behind on keeping my character sheet up to date really need to fix that and actually spend my XP.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Hey Peter, I forgot to take my character sheet home with me.. could you possibly scan it for me? (thanks)

Uh, me too. (mutters something about German efficiency)

Oh damn, me too.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    Hey Peter, I forgot to take my character sheet home with me.. could you possibly scan it for me? (thanks)
    Charley and Christin!!! I accidently forgot to recover the character sheets from your house. So please scan the sheets for Rhone, Glen, Kurth and Dasq and email them back to me!

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Last edited by Crusader; Nov 20th, 2012 at 05:30:56 PM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Fiddich
    You're going to regret uploading that list: I've got a whole heap of questions. Sorry!

Dodge

This sounds like a really good ability for Glen. What would he have to roll against in order to succeed in dodging? Can he dodge every attack against him, or can he only do it once per turn? If he fails to dodge, can he still parry? What is the difference between Dodge I, Dodge II, and Dodge III?

Dodge is mainly performed to dodge arrows and bolts but you can dodge melee attacks as well. A standard dodge roll is a roll on your base parry value. Each level in dodge adds additional 2 points on parry for dodge rolls. If you fail to dodge you get hit.

PS: Awareness is a requirement for Dodge II. What does that do?

If you roll a bad INI throw. You sacrifice one attack in the round in order to get additional INI points for getting an earlier slot in the attack round. This is important if you want to determine the cause of the fight by spaming things like counter hold, feint and master parry.

Feint, Clearance Strike, Excursion

If Glen performed a Feint with his left-axe, would he still be able to attack twice in that turn (once with left, once with right), or would the Feint replace the attack with his left hand?

Could a Feint also be a Clearance Strike (ie. a Feint against three targets)? Could Glen perform a Clearance Strike with both axes, or can it only be performed once per turn? Do I roll once for all three enemies, or is there a separate roll to see if I hit each one? What happens if the enemy in the middle parries: does that stop the attack before I hit the third enemy, or does it just save them from damage?

What does Excursion do, aside from sounding like an awesome perk?

Double Strike can never be combined with another offensive perk.
    An attack or parry can always be just one manoveur in general.

Clearance Strike splits your attack into one strike with 3 throws but each strike gets a +4 modificator
    So first throw is +4, second throw is +8 and the third throw is +12.

Excursion is a series of attacks with which you chain up attacks that force the enemy to trade his own attacks for parries. The second parry is a parry +4 for your enemy. You can only perform this if your INI is higher than the one of your enemy (see Awareness). So if you keep spamming Excursion each round you keep the initiative in battle (you don't get hit) until the enemy performs a special parry move like a Bind or decides not to parry the second strike and instead hit you with a weapon in his left hand.

Improvised Weapon, Master of Improvisation

You suggested using these skills to turn a grappling hook on a rope into a weapon. How much would I be able to do? Would I only be able to use it as an improvised whip (to trip them up), or could I do something more fancy? What would I roll against in order to attack with it: or would it depend on what I was trying to do at the time?

With these perks you can do all the things that you would do with the weapon that you want to improvise so more fancy stuff must be something that the rules allow. So in this case a Crush Down, a Knock Over or even a Bind would be possible if you have those perks as well.

Master Parry, Counter Hold

How does my Master Parry help my next attack? Does it give me a bonus on my next attack roll? Does it weaken my opponent's next parry attempt? If Glen were to make a Master Parry using one of his axes, would the benefit apply to only the next attack, or would it apply for the whole round (both axes)? What if Glen performed a Double Strike on his next attack?

It gives a -2 bonus on all your attacks in the next round against that enemy

If Glen also has Counter Hold, does this counter-strike ability replace the benefit of Master Parry, or does Master Parry still improve his next normal attack? Can I attack twice - once with each axe - during my counter-strike? Can I perform a special attack, like a Heavy Strike, Double Strike, Crush Down, etc.

Counter Hold can't be combined with other perks.
    I think I should share some rule advise here as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast