Thread: Mutant Rally Discussion Thread

X-Men Mutant Rally Discussion Thread

Rally time!

To reiterate, the mutant-human tensions in Los Angeles are heating up to a boiling point. The situation is going to escalate until one fateful day in the near future when the animosity erupts into full-blown genetic riots that turn Los Santos into a war zone.

We're hoping to ramp up those tensions in increments. That'll probably happen in a few big story threads. In "Monstrous," Alex brought up the idea of going to a mutant rally in front of a courthouse to support a lawsuit against the Mutant Registration Act. There will be over a hundred mutants there protesting the MRA, and at least that many humans counter-protesting in favor of the MRA. The LAPD will be out in force to keep the two groups apart, and Stern's fledgling Mutant Crimes Unit will be on-hand to assist in keeping the peace. Meanwhile, the Brotherhood will be monitoring the situation in case their intervention is required.

The plan is that things will indeed get ugly with a clash between human and mutant protesters. The kids will, of course, be caught in the middle.

I'm seeing this story being a "disaster narrowly averted" scenario, largely thanks to the MCU officers swooping in and breaking things up without gunfire. There will be arrests of both mutants and humans, and it'll take a while for all the House kids find each other.

As threads with lots of posters tend to bog down, I think it's best to play a little fast and loose with the posting order. If it makes sense for your character to post next, go ahead. If we get split up into groups, each group can carry on their own action.

I do have plans for Alex and Lana to get secreted off in the confusion by Spectre, who'll have a little chitchat with them in another thread. Any other ideas, things you want to accomplish?

Well, I would think that there might be mutants in favor of registration (ok, maybe not many), and there will be 'mundanes' rallying against the MRA. But that could lead to some of the tension, as mutants might not want the regular humans with them, or something. Maybe.

Stern
    Stern has to defend mutant registration, so this should also add to the tension. I'm wondering if it should not be policy that all incarcerated mutants are registered as part of the booking process.

That would also add to the chaos, as any mutant arrested for any reason would be forced to have their name on the government's list. It could lead to witch hunts and the like.

I will be showing up as well, I need to talk to my sister. So, another off shoot thread.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Stern View Post
    Stern has to defend mutant registration, so this should also add to the tension. I'm wondering if it should not be policy that all incarcerated mutants are registered as part of the booking process.

That would also add to the chaos, as any mutant arrested for any reason would be forced to have their name on the government's list. It could lead to witch hunts and the like.
    Or people starting things with mutants to get them arrested.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    ^ This gives me an idea...

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Oh please, give me a reason mundanes.. I have a whole bag of goodies for you.

Saul Nielsen
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Oh please, give me a reason mundanes.. I have a whole bag of goodies for you.
    Repent, sister, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Oh stop, you'll make my head spin. God is not here today.

Saul Nielsen
    I have faith that you will find your way

Gaia
    Oh, we'll find our way alright, handsome...*smiles*

TheHolo.Net Poster Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    *hears Spectre's mention of 'goodies' and merely raises an eyebrow*

Oh, surely...

Well I suppose it may make sense to come see what all the fuss is about...

and try to stay out of trouble.

Tess Abrahams
    Rallies are where memories are made and this looks like it's going to be a doozy.

Brotherhood objectives at the Rally:
    -keep an eye on things, judge the tension between groups
    -mark leaders of the opposing protesters
    -look for potential recruits
    -keep a low profile!