Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: Today, I have been mostly been playing..

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Providing I can get the thing to install my updates correctly, is anyone interested in playing City of Heroes? Not nec. right now, but 'ever'?

I'd start a new character on a server of our choosing if that's the case.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Is City of Heroes free to play now?

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Yep!

I keep getting an error on my update though.

edit: blew up my existing install and am trying again. I think all my established characters are on... nope, I can't remember which server.
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Oct 6th, 2011 at 01:26:02 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

I might check it out. I'm wondering if the game plays better than Champions Online since I have more fun making characters than actually playing the game.

Almost time to go home. Rage! Rage! Rage! Rage!

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    I guess Peter will be doing a Rage Quit once work is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    Don't you go setting up a free account without me, Jones.

Techninja is nothing without Captain Untouchable to back her up.
    It's like that, and that's the way it is.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I don't know if we can play on the same servers or not, but I hope so!

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!

Played about an hour of Rage tonight. While gorgeous, it suffers from awful texture popping! I'm expecting some patches ASAP! My first video should be on Youtube by tomorrow night.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    Don't you go setting up a free account without me, Jones.

Techninja is nothing without Captain Untouchable to back her up.

I'm downloading/installing now. Once I'm in, I'll post up the server I'm on etc.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McCoy View Post
    Played about an hour of Rage tonight. While gorgeous, it suffers from awful texture popping! I'm expecting some patches ASAP! My first video should be on Youtube by tomorrow night.
    Having said that, I don't feel comfortable uploading such a shoddy video. I may wait until it's been patched and redo the video. But I wanna upload something! I just don't know what!

What do you guys think? Something I enjoy playing won't necessarily be enjoyable to watch.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7.../games?tab=all

Thats my games list on Steam. Gimme a suggestion of something I could play for my Youtube channel.

There's also Minecraft not on Steam, but if I do that I'd rather start a new world what with the Adventure Update adding new content. The benefit of Minecraft is the random worlds so its always new and fresh and unknown so there's infinite scope to explore and build.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!

Yay! I downloaded a config file that one of the users had linked to in the Steam Rage forum and the game is running a whole lot better. There's still a bit of texture pop-in but its nowhere near as bad as it was. It's unfortunate that it had to be a user-made fix for something that just suggest very poor optimisation on id Software's part. I guess I'll be able to re-do that initial playthrough now

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Played some Dead Island this night.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter McCoy View Post
    Yay! I downloaded a config file that one of the users had linked to in the Steam Rage forum and the game is running a whole lot better. There's still a bit of texture pop-in but its nowhere near as bad as it was. It's unfortunate that it had to be a user-made fix for something that just suggest very poor optimisation on id Software's part. I guess I'll be able to re-do that initial playthrough now
    What's even more horrible is that it isn't that the game is so unoptimized, it's that they were too lazy to do some basic settings tweaks that took 2 days for some gamers to figure out. It's incredibly pathetic.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!

These should be settings within the video options but all I have is resolution, fullscreen/windowed, and two other things. Nothing about texture or shadow quality, render options, or all manner of other standard options that should be configurable in a PC game.

I'm not naive enough to think that all developers should be building a specific game version for PC and another for console, not all developers can afford to do that today. But you'd think id Software would make the effort to cater for the PC gamers who basically made them the company they are today.

It's gaming experiences like this that make me load up Alpha Centauri or Grim Fandango or even WoW. They have old visuals but that doesn't take away from the fact that they look great and are awesome games.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Costume Quest

The only game in which I have battled as the Statue of Liberty, alongside a giant mecha/Gundam and a medieval Knight

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I finally got Jade Empire (Bioware) to work again through Steam. YES.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I... am... CHRISTMAS!

I installed the Technic Pack for Minecraft. Now I have a whole host of new content to play with.

Aside from hunger, sprinting, experience, endermen, storngholds and other new geographical features form the official 1.8 update, I now get to hunt for oil deposits, build pumps, pipes and tanks to obtain and store the stuff, use it to power big things like quarries (automated area miners) and machines. Speaking of machines, the mod pack includes various ways of generating power such as solar, wind and water power, or generators that can run on various fuel such as coal and oil, and all manner of cables to connect the generators to the machines that need power like macerators, compactors, grinders, electric furnaces etc. You can even build a nuclear reactor chamber that needs uranium (a new ore that spawns naturally as part of the mod content) as well as coolant. And if it blows, the explosion is BIG! So you have to make sure its adequately shielded by strong material - a video showed it encased in iron blocks that still didn't protect the house above.

There's also Mo' Creatures, which adds rabbits, foxes, birds, big cats, dogs, horses (and a rare pegasus if you can find one!), dolphins, sharks, fish (including piranhas), ogres, rats, ghouls and different skeletons. There's also sky pirates along with the ability to construct your own coal-powered airship complete with an arrow launcher. And one of the mods in the pck is RedPower - instead of the extremely-limited redstone dust, you can now create redstone wiring that can not only be placed on the ground like the normal stuff, but up walls and along ceilings. You can even make a freestanding wire that just goes up or along without the aid of blocks. And a handsaw that lets you cut other blocks into panels and covers and sticks, allowing you to have wires running inside a single-block-wide wall rather than a three-block-wide one with a block-wide gap in the middle for the redstone dust. The handsaw allows you to create more detailed constructions such as desks and chairs. It also adds copper and tin, you can make bronze tools, power crystals, dark matter, quantum armour, a mining laser, mining drills and chainsaws, jetpacks, automated defense turrets, remote controls, and lamps.

The sheer amount of content in this Technic pack is just brilliant, and it only adds to the experience rather than replacing whats great about minecraft. You still have to start with the basics of survival and work your way up to producing the complex machines. And while it can speed-up and automate the process of resource gathering once you're capable of making the higher-tier items, it still doesn't replace the constant desire to delve deep underground with some food, torches and a small armoury in your bckpack to brave the horrors below. And since the pack adds better weapons and armour, so too does it provide a greater challenge in the form of the new enemies like cave ogres and hellrats.

Oh, and the millenaire mod is included which spawn NPC villages that develop their community by adding and upgrading buildings as a result of the trade you bring by selling and buying items form their warehouse. Their population can increase and you can even buy plots of land and get them to build you a house or manor.

It also adds new trees such as apple, lemon, orange and aubergine trees, and a helluva lot of new food items such as curry to name just one.

Check out the VERY easy-to-install mod with instructions here: http://yogiverse.com/showthread.php?...links-and-more!

If your Minecraft is fully up-yto-date and un-modded, just download and install the V4 pack.

Note that two mods in particular that are included with the pack can be considered a cheat mode and ruin the experience if used - Too Many Items and Equivalent Exchange. TMI adds a new inventory section where you can browse pretty much all items in the game and add them to your inventory at will, while EE allows you to craft the Philosophers stone. This powerful item allows you to alchemically change one item into another, such as turning 64 dirt into several blocks of iron, which could in turn be turned into a single block of gold. If you have enough gold you could transmute it into a diamond and so on. While fun, these two mods do take away the feeling of accomplishment. They are optional of course once installed but you can de-select them during the packs installation to avoid temptation.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    This thread has gotten kind of huge now, so it's time to start another!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920