Thread: A bold idea for the future..

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

A bold idea for the future..

Hopefully by now everyone has gotten a chance to look at the idea that Droo and I have been shopping around to the rest of the forum, trying to get people on board with a plot that would hopefully shift Sw-fans as a whole forward.

What is KA's part in all of this?

Well, one thing which Droo proposed was this: that the KA join forces with the Rebellion.

Crazy, I know. However... it has been drawn to our attention that we are sitting along what is essentially the battle-line between the Empire and the Independents, and with the prospect of an Imperial ambassador snooping at our doorsteps, it might not be long before we have to throw our lot in with one side of the conflict.

The Empire? They would take over our worlds, seperate all of us and try to turn out abilities as Force users to their advantage. But the Alliance? The Alliance need all the help they can get - and imagine how giddy with glee they would be to have the none-too-shabby force of the Hapan Royal Navy on their side. Canonically, this is a pretty huge fleet, not to be snubbed at. In the EU, Hapan ships have sub-par turbolaser technology, but this could be improved upon by the Alliance.

Their is a vacuum of political power in the Alliance. There is no figurehead, no set of heroes which the hopes of the fledgling Republic can be heaped upon... Not yet, anyway

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Salem for Chief of State?

I like the idea of a Hapes/Onderon alliance with the Alliance. Lets do it! Plus it adds another layer of deviousness to LD and Akasha's current mission/s.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Right. It's like you guys are scoping the place out for us

I like the idea too. Would it be an alliance, or membership? Would it be as a unified Hapes and Onderon, represented by Salem? Or would Hapes, Onderon, Zeltros, etc be getting their own seats, with Salem credited as the one who talked them into it? The latter gives the KA a higher vote percentage and more control, but would mean we'd need more active leader / ambassador characters. More thoughts when I can use an enter key.

Okay - a brief few minutes on a computer at work before I start calling!

Given how isolationist Hapes is, what if we didn't have them "join" the Rebel Alliance outright, and just used them as a bargaining chip for Salem? Effectivley, they'd be allies of the Alliance by association with Onderon, rather than outright members. Salem could use his friendship with the Hapans - and with the Mandalorians, too - to potentially sweeten the deal, and ensure that he gets a decent representation on the Alliance Council.

Depending on when this happens with regards to the other plans we have, he could potentially influence Zeltros and Ambria into membership as well - Ambria, perhaps, under Mandalorian / LDV control? He wouldn't need to outright control Zeltros to make that happen: just have enough influence to nudge them in the right direction. Then we could continue to manipulate and influence both worlds behind the scenes, as part of the Alliance.

Depends on the timeline, I guess. I'm just musing over how Salem can use the cards in his hands to influence himself - without too much suspicion - into a position of as much power as possible. Even if he is just one voice with one seat on the council, being able to say "I can secure support from the Hapan Navy" is probably enough to put him toe-to-toe with the big military players, like Mon Calamari.

Would the Force nature of people in the KA be kept secret, or would they know that Salem Ave is a "Jedi"?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I would like to see each world provide it's own representative if possible. As you say, that way we have a higher influence with the Advisory Council

I will post something on your second post there once I am home from work myself.

I think that mostly covers it. Quick additional thought - any scope for fallout or consequences with Hapes because of the Belargic family, or are they out of the picture for now?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I am open to Belargic based drama. Exactly what kind I don't know though!

Weren't you planning to have Aaron hook up with the Rebellion at some point? I know we were talking about having Varon sent out to chase you, et al - that still intended to happen, or is that plot arc being left to rest for now? Maybe Aaron could get himself a billet in the Rebel Navy, and ends up as the sort of envoy or liaison to the Hapan Navy? Since he used to be Varon's boss, it might be interesting if the two wound up working together, etc, with Varon senior on paper - I have mental images of Jack Davenport sending transmissions like "Excuse me, sir; but I'd like to order you and your cruiser into attack formation, if that's alright."

Also, on the Hapan membership front... if they were members of the Alliance, and had a seat on the Council... who would sit in it? If they're just allies, lending military support, then we could get away with someone like Varon doing it; if they're members though, we'd need to find a diplomat... and someone like Elaine, while logical, would be problematic because of the whole rightful heir to the throne thing. Prince Tristan, maybe?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I have had Aaron on hiatus because I wasn't sure what Erin was doing, but now I know that she isn't coming back to Fans, Charley is going to pick up playing Elaine and we can get on with that plot.

I think Elaine could actually feasibly act as the Hapan representative, if Charley is game. We always wrote that she never wanted to become Queen Mother. That also gives us a conviniently way to work around Razielle not being here: since she is acting Queen Mother, and would have to remain on Star Home at all times.

Ah, that's convenient then. Let me know when you need Varon's pursuit services, etc.

Random thought. What happens when Salem meets the Jedi? Are we assuming that he's powerful enough in the Dark Side that he can hide it from them, like Palpatine did? Or is he going to admit to being a former Padawan, and use that to his advantage? Would the latter attract undue attention? What if someone sees through his (admittedly ingenious :mneh) modification of his name, and recognises him? etc.

Also, we're going to end up with two powerful darksiders in the Rebellion. I have no idea what Dan's motives are... will they be allies? Rivals? Oblivious?

It strikes me that there are certain parallels between Dan and Salem's subordinates - one could argue that LDV and S'Il are counterparts to a degree; then there's that other Lupine that S'Il befrended to match Raz or the Queen... and then Chir'daki and Vega as the ferral attack dog? Lol.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I would like to think that after so many years practice, Salem is good at hiding who and what he is - but there is the chance that someone on the Wheel would recall him. He wasn't exactly a wallflower as a boy :mneh So, I would think that he would admit to having been a Padawan, but say that.. since the Purge, he has like many others been using an alias and creating a new life, but nonetheless one that was intended to eventually aid the revival of the Republic.

He would have to deny all knowledge of having seen Lilaena since the Purge, since that would comprimise her cover story, but I do see the parallels between her and s'Il. Especially given that Holly and I wrote that they became lovers, as time went on - this would be a good explanation for how that happened, with Razielle anchored on Hapes. But they were both trained by the same master, so it's logical that when he arrived on the Wheel, Salem would want to spend time with LD.

As for Dan.. I don't know what his motives are. I think that both men are probably strong enough in the Force to hide themselves from one another, but if Salem does become a figurehead in the Rebellion and discover what Dan is... he might even try to smoke him out, to reveal him.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Serena would remember Salemescro. As she would LD as well, since she was besties with A'na, her master. But then, people change sometimes a great deal from when they were kids to adults. Just because there are only a few padawans from before the Purge that are around now means that in the many there were before that people will automatically remember them now.

If that makes sense...

I don't think any other current Jedi would remember Salem, or even LD, at least not from what we've established already in the past. At that point in time I don't think people were spending a lot of time thinking about younglings or padawans if they were not their own.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    True. Plus as you say LD especially looks very different from how she did back then.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Life changes people.

Of course, then we have the Force and intuition and visions, and just about anyone might know who anyone else is from the past.

There was mention of Salem and Lilaena pretending not to know each other if/when they met at The Wheel. I can't remember whether it was in a thread on here, or in an IM convo with either Jenny or Holly... but at some point, somewhere, someone said something vaguely along those lines.

In order to maintain that secret, I believe it was mentioned that Lilaena would be keeping her status as Mandalore secret. However, we're also talking about having the Mandalorians moved to Ambria, and having Lilaena rule / represent the planet, as far as the Rebel Alliance is concerned.

Here's where it gets a bit confusing. Since the Mandalorians are on Onderon, and since Lilaena and Salem haven't "officially" seen each other since before the Purge, then Lilaena can't "officially" be Mandalore. What's the "official" version of events on this front?

One option might be to have someone show up and take over the Mandalorians while she's gone. He can be just some guy, or a "fake" Mandalore, or something along those lines. That "fake" Mandalore rules in her absense, and because of the tensions between Onderon and the Mandalorians, Salem Ave requests the help of his old Jedi friend, Lilaena, to help with the "negotiations". Ultimately, Lilaena could defeat the Fake Mandalore, and "officially" become Mandalore herself, ordering them to leave Onderon for the relatively uninhabited world of Ambria. Alternatively, she could just negotiate the Mandalorian relocation, and we can leave the Fake Mandalore in place.

Either way, she can then become the de facto representative of the "Mandalorians of Ambria" to the Rebel Council - perhaps at the suggestion of Salem, who does it for purely altruistic, and in no way selfish or power-grabbing reasons.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I don't know if Lilaena is making her status as Mandalore something that is known to the Rebellion? At least I was under the impression that they think she is an anti-Imperial activist, but not a leader of the Mandalorians. I know that we have established however that LD has lieutenants who govern the clans in her absence.

As for representing Ambria to the Rebellion... I'm not sure that is a good idea if we are going to be secretly training Sith there

You're the one that wanted as many seats on the Alliance Council as possible. :mneh

Since we'd been mentioning Ambria as part of the list whenever we bring it up, I assumed it was the plan.

It's probably better that we establish some sort of status for the planet, though. If we wind up with Onderon and Zeltros, what's to stop the Rebellion from saying: "Hey, the Stenness Node is right on our doorstep. Why don't we go claim it as our turf?"

At least if Ambria has some sort of established status - if it's considered Mandalorian territory, or whatever - then at least we can have some sort of control over that?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I wasn't really expecting it to become a represented world since the population and resources are minimal, but if LD wants to take the Mandos there she can. If not maybe we can offer it as a bargaining chip, as a world where Rebel soldiers can be trained.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast