Thread: Target World: Ambria

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

Open Thread Target World: Ambria

Ambria was a small desert planet in the Ambria system, located in the Stenness Node of the Inner Rim Territories.

Animal life on Ambria included herds of staga, small lizards called neeks, and the strange, evil dragons called Hssiss from Lake Natth, a place strong with the dark side of the Force.

It was home to the Jedi Master Thon shortly before the Great Sith War. In 4,002 BBY, Thon took Oss Wilum as his Padawan on Ambria, following the elimination of its life by a Sith Sorceress. In 4,000 BBY Thon took Nomi Sunrider as Padawan on Ambria. Also, it was the main war machine for the Sith Empire, creating warships for the Great Hyperspace War.

Darth Bane first came to the world in 1,000 BBY. Following the Battle of Ruusan, Bane trained his apprentice, Darth Zannah, on the world until 990 BBY. Ten years later, the two dueled, and Bane was defeated there.
    Canonically, Ambria is a dead world. With no major cities, and only ore/minerals to offer as exports, the planets only inhabitants are a host of hostile beats. Around the time of the Purge, Jedi sought refuge here - but it's clear that from Ambria's history, this is a world of the Dark Side.

Why do we want Ambria?

* Naturally, because it is strong in the Force. The terrain is rugged and challenging, making Ambria a fantastic world for Sith training to take place.
    * Like Hapes and Zeltros, Ambria is a stones throw away from Onderon - allowing us free and fast movement between worlds.

How do we go about taking control of Ambria?

My initial thoughts are that we establish a single out post there. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tiernvael_Mountains This mountain range over looks the 'meditative canyon' which seems to be the centre of the planet's Force Nexus. The mountains would provide us a secure, discreet location to operate out of.

I would guess that our first step would be scouting out the world, exploring what it has to offer, and eventually making our way into the mountains to establish our foothold.

I could be wrong, but I don't imagine that any of our current characters would want to permanently set up shop, as it were, on Ambria. I am going to have Salem recommend to Professor Nascimento (the Arkanian geneticist he has recently brought to Onderon to see the Queen) that she take control of the abandoned BioTech Industries outpost on Ambria and salvage whatever she and her aide can, to begin working on some less than ethical cybernetic/biomedical stuff.

By contrast to Zeltros, absorbing this world into our coalition is much less about deception and politics and much more about straight up adventure, exploration and delving into the primitive aspects of the Dark Side.

Thoughts, questions, ideas?

I know you had the idea of setting up various Force training camps and bits and pieces. I know you're familiar with KOTOR... would Ambria be viable as a secret Koriban-esque Academy? Its proximity to Hapes and Onderon means you then don't have to hide the training camp on those far more populated worlds... less chance of discovery, maybe?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Something like that. Ambria is close enough for convinience, but seperate enough from Onderon that we can claim ignorance if it was discovered.

I am imagining the set-up to be like the sietches of Arrakis, in Dune: "A sietch was typically located within the mountains or rock outcrops that were scattered throughout the deserts of Arrakis, hidden from the harsh sun Canopus. It was located within either a man-made or a naturally carved cave system, or occasionally a combination of both."

So essentially they are built to blend in with and make use of their surroundings. No modern conviniences, nothing to trace them back to Onderon or Hapes. Only the would-be Sith and their wits against the hazardous terrain of Ambria, as they strive to be worthy of the teachings of Darth Callidus

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    If we need to take the planet we can always move some Mandalorians there. Maybe? I'll have to think about it. It wouldn't work unless LD was there too though and she's not around atm.

oh what a tangled web I weave

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    We could send some Mandos there, yes. We could also send some Onderon native Beast Riders.

I was thinking that initially it would just be a couple of actualy player characters who went to explore and stake our first claim.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I know, I was thinking long term.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Okay. Small steps first I guess Do we have anyone who would be interested in doing something like this? I will probably send Callidus.

Maybe Chir'daki, on some sort of "new apprentice" expedition, so you can make sure he's thorougly ready to be Salem's little errand bitch?

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Probably would have taken over the Galaxy by now, if she wasn't so easily distracted by brightly colored balls of yarn
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Andrew
    Similarly to LD, this would be up Akasha's alley, given her training on Onderon, but she's otherwise engaged infiltrating the Wheel. Probably best not to give any nosy Jedi a reason to poke around...

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    Maybe Chir'daki, on some sort of "new apprentice" expedition, so you can make sure he's thorougly ready to be Salem's little errand bitch?
    That sounds like a good idea.

Akasha... pity you will be stuck playing goody-two shoes!

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Jenny
    Haha, well I just realised that canonically here I've actually already had a character visit Ambria and there was a little bit of life there: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthr...ghlight=ambria

But that was years ago, so I'm thinking that the BioTech Industries offices have fallen into disuse and that the settlements on the world are small, frontier towns at best. HOWEVER this does present us with the interesting possibility of discovering some traces left behind by Darth Stratus / Severn Morkonis.

Perhaps specifically looking for those traces could be the suppose of the first visit? Or at least, the suppose of Cal going personally?

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    That would work. When looking into neighboring worlds, he might have found records of Stratus being there.