Thread: 24 Season 8

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar

TV 24 Season 8

Ok so anyways I've been watching this year's final season of 24, and so far it's been fairly nice. A lot of stuff happens that seems atypical for a 24 season, but there are also some interesting angles that come into play.

But there was an event...in last monday's episode that has me out looking for the writers with a fireaxe.

Okay, killing off Renee Walker really pissed me off. I mean, I really liked her character. Having her killed off struck me like having Mara Jade and Gilad Pelleaon killed off in the LotF novels. It just doesn't make sense and really doesn't do anything for me other than pissing me off. More later but as I'm tired I'm going to be cutting this rant off short.

TheHolo.Net Poster

The Scorpion Prince
    Oil my peanuts, you blood-cursed bastards.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Peter
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CrusaderJ11
    Miranda and I commented about this on facebook. It seems like giving Jack Bauer a happy ending is not a good way to end the show. Personly I would have prefered letting him die in season 7 since season 7 was such a great comeback.

At least Jack got some extra motivation to kill the people responsible.

I admit the two deaths were very sad and I feel awful for Jack. It is also obvious to me at least that Charles Logan is behind everything this season. I am hoping Jack puts a bullet in his head after everything he has done

Series finale is on tonight, I hope it ends as well as Lost did last night.

Great episode overall, I think it sets up the movie very well. I enjoyed when Logan tried to kill himself, he is probably brain dead or damaged. He got what he deserved.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

Stealing planets with a cunning use of flags!
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer Park Kraken's Avatar
    Indeed, a very good episode, although I was a little dissapointed. I wanted so much to hear the p-chunk p-chunk and see both Logan and Suvorov get taken down by Jack, it would have been a different suprise ending like they promised, instead of it being the typical 'Jack does the right thing after all' ending.

I wouldn't say that Logan is behind everything. I would be tempted to say at this point that Logan and Suvorov were co-conspirators of opportunity.