Since we've got a lot of new people appearing, and a lot of political shifting in terms of plots and factions going on right now as well, I thought it might be helpful for everyone to consolodate everything into a quick reference list.

For reference, I've included a link to a map that Tear put together for his Independents plan; it doesn't cover absolutely everything, but it more than does the job for now. If there's a colour in brackets after a faction, that represents its colour on the map.

Here's the current Fans factions, listed in more or less Roleplaying Groups forum order. If I've missed anything / get anything wrong / etc, let me know and I'll come back and edit this post. If anyone wants to write a more comprehensive description too, that's awesome - I'm just too lazy to do more than a few sentences right now.

- - -

Jedi Enclave / The Wheel
Living in scattered exile, on the run since the Purge, the survivors of the Jedi Order have at last begun to come together as one, inhabiting a rag-tag fugitive fleet of transports and freighters known as The Wheel, constantly on the move to avoid detection by the Empire and the Inquisitoriate.

The Galactic Empire
Despite the loss of their Emperor and much of their leadership during the destruction of the Death Star and the Battle of Endor, the Galactic Empire still remains the dominant political power in the galaxy. After years of troubled leadership, the Imperials have united under an Empress, Miranda Tarkin. The Empire currently considers the Corporate Sector (Green) to be under its control, having recently manipulated an Imperial loyalist into leadership there.

The Independents
Under the manipulations of the former High Inquisitor, Tear, a number of worlds - both worlds that were previously independent, and worlds formerly loyal to the Empire - are secretly poised to break away and establish themselves as an independent interstellar nation. As yet their existance is unknown to the galaxy; they will be revealed when Tear launches an attack against Mandalore. The Independents are mostly centered around the northeast of the Hydian Way. (Red)

The Rebel Alliance
Though they succeeded in destroying the Death Star, the Rebel Alliance suffered heavy losses at Endor, and still remain relatively small in numbers. They have however begun to make progress recently towards consolodating themselves as a rival government to the Empire, and now control the liberated Mon Calamari, Sullust, and Bothawui Sectors, as well as the free systems of Chandrila and Roche. (Blue)

Black Sun
The largest crime syndicate in the galaxy; though marred with political infighting between disparate factions within its ranks since the death of Prince Xizor, Black Sun appears to be on track for reunification under Sasseeri Reeoruura.

Bounty Hunters' Guild
Recently reformed under Ecks and Darven, the Guild is an affiliation of the galaxy's bounty hunters, bound by a code of honour to create a just and fair environment for them to conduct their trade. While there are no laws to enforce their rule, the Guild is known to respond very badly to anyone attempting to place or accept bounties through "unofficial" channels.

The Kuklos Ataxia
Led by the mysterious Darth Callidus - better known as Salem Ave, the Prime Minister of Onderon - the Kuklos Ataxia is a Circle of Disorder, consisting of various worlds that fall under the Dark Lord's manipulations. Through his secret apprentices and various complex alliances, Callidus now has influence over Onderon, the Mandalorians of Dxun, the Hapes Consortium, and Daothmir. (Orange)

The Sith Order
Pass - sorry guys; I know you're on Dromund Kaas, but that's about all I know. Someone care to provide a quick nutshell lowdown so I can fill something in?