Thread: The Ko Report - Edition #14 - The Old and New Year!

Information The Ko Report - Edition #14 - The Old and New Year!

As 2009 draws to a close and we prepare ourselves to step into a bright and shiney new 2010, I would like to take a moment or two to look back over the past year and highlight some of our experiences.

We've had another great year here at SWF Forums, old friends have stopped by to say hello in the "Remember that person" thread in the General Forum, as well as a few writers returning to the Roleplaying setting. We have new characters, new storylines and even some Retro-roleplays that take us back to the good ol' days like everyone likes to do once and a while.
    (Btw, it was so great to hear from those we haven't heard from in a really long time, you know who you are. Thanks for stopping by)

So, some of the events of this year that stood out for me:

The foremost event was undoubtedly the rise of the Empire's new leadership in the Imperials establishment of Miranda Tarkin as Empress. We also saw the emergence of a new Hand and the disolving of the mysterious and lethal Inqusitoriate branch, Project Nightmare - what worries a person is what will come of all the free time those Nightmare dudes now have on their hands..?

At the beginning of the year we saw a series of randomly selected battles in the Duel of the Fates threads as well as the revelation of a Toxic Six spy infiltration into the Alliance High Command in the Toxicity series.

There was the Liberation of Bothawui threads by the Alliance as well as the establishing of their permanent base on Mon Calamari. Also, the invention of The Wheel (pun intended) - an assortment of ships conglomerated together as a base for the Jedi where those who labor in the Lightside of the Force might find each other, a contingent of Roque Squadron being on permanent assignment there as protectors and aid.

We saw the Shadows of the Republic - a series of threads where we travelled back in time to witness life in pre battle of Geonosis, the time prior to the Clone Wars. Some old faces returned also, Drin Kizael, Hobgoblin (now a Jedi Master) ; and even Peirce Tondry, Jeseth, Silus and Thall to name a few as well as the memorable duo of Zeke and Wei, joined us in the Retro threads.

There was a revelation of a Dark Lord among us (Darth Decepsis), the turning of a stalwart Jedi (s'Ilancy Loklorien) and letters between two miniature geniuses, Tak and Wyl. There was the revenge killing of the Albino Crime Lord Kimiiki Crei and the capture and intended execution of Director Dasquian Belargic as well as the assassination order for the Queen of Hapan. There was also the assault on the Wookie planet, Kashyyyk..(I hate those bad-guy Imperials )

There was the reforming of the Bounty Hunter's Guild by Darven as well as the formation of Dorn Force spearheaded by John Glayde for the Rebel Alliance. There was the emergence of the Order of Solomon of the Judiciary Department launching an investigation into the fate of the missing Moffs as well as the alliance between Onderon and Hapen through the marriage of Razielle and Tristan Alastor.

We saw the return of Tear and with him his plan to fascilitate the rise of the Independants - a new threat to the Imperials and their iron grip on the galaxy. We saw the return of Darkside power to the Sith Master, Hera, as well as the return of the prodigal darksider, Baralai Lotus. There was the placement of the Duro, OW Outcast, as leader of the Black Nebula by order of Vigo Kasajian.

We saw a stirring among the Sith through Darth Callidus in The Circle and also Zereth Lancer, Ashe Sieris and others on Korriban. There was the establishing once again of the Corporate Sector, including Counis Corp as well as the arrival of new faces of Silenus Corp, Xavier Synik and Emelie Shadowstar.

New associations have been formed, eg, Russard Industries and Silenus Corp; there are new fortune seekers also, eg, the crew of the Knightfall as well as the Ettigar brothers. There are many newly revealed Inquisitors (Lykaios, Sarah Lymia-instructor to the Empress's Hand, and the Devorian, Jakys), and the old ones are ever more dangerous and secretive than before (Valten, Atrapes, Rekoj - you know you are!).

There was a big party for the Empress with rich people and Holo-vid stars and treacherous Inquisitors, and Mother/Son drama's, and bounty hunters who looked like glamour queens, and spies for the Alliance drinking with force-sensitive Inquisitors and grumpy old men and one gate crasher, Zai, who got tossed out by Aurelias Kazaar and Roger Phillips, and Moff Yeart Quenn - who really needs no introduction (and really, where would one begin?) and weird family dynamics and Cizeracks, and ex-husbands and wives, and a Commodore and, oh, a huge meteor shower that nearly kills everyone..

There were the foreshadowings embodied in darkside Mages, Rommelisch and Fortunbras; there was the sibling power couple of House Tagge - Gallus and Sanya who now hold some very high offices within the Empire, there were Mandalorean's (De'Ville) in dubious service to the Onderon Prime Minister, there were new romances (Estelle and Cristobal), and romances not realised (Mili and Estelle) and then there are some where we're just not quite sure - is it? isnt it? (Morgan and Rhianna). There were new nemesies( nemesi?); and new roles for old dogs (Sanis Prent, Barton Henning). There were strangers now suddenly fighting on the same side (Daria, Ilias) and there were old partners now forced by circumstances to fight far apart (Grace, Dasquian). The Rogues were still getting drunk and kickin butt (not necessarily in that order) and the Shadow Squadron were still, well, doing much the same though not as visually as the Rebels were these days.

There was the constant struggle between Alliance and Imperial Forces, the Dark Side and Light; between Bounty Hunters and Smuggler Cartels, Opportunists and Entrepeneurs and a whole slew of other entities in between all vying for dominance in their own little corner of the galaxy.

The Stories continue, and those listed above do not come close to covering them all -and even at that, these are only from the Star Wars setting alone. There are yet more, much more in the WoD, Myth and other settings. These stories, limited only by the imaginations of their authors and the time they get to spend typing them out!

Thankyou to everyone who participated by writing or reading in our forums - either in the RP sections or in the OOC discussion forums.

Here's to another year of creativity, community and good company! Dont be a stranger, Register a name and come join us any time!

Wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

fashionably yours, Dakota Gue

ps) Below are links to some of the threads mentioned above. Feel free to Private Message me if you wish a link to a specific thread. Or just post and ask for it. That works too!

Daughter of the Empire The rise of Empress Tarkin.
    Duel of the Fates One of the Random Duels between various characters.
    Toxicity The revelation of the Toxic Six spy infiltration into the Alliance.
    Whats past is Prologue The Revenge killing of Kimiiki Crei.
    Liberation One of The Liberation thread series in a bid for justice against the Empire.
    Shadows of the Republic A glimpse into the life pre the battle of Geonosis.
    The Scribes Apprentice The revelation of a Dark Lord among us.
    Deer Wyl Letters of two revolutionaries in the making.
    The Homes of Young Master Hobgoblin The return of a newly fashioned favorite, Hobgoblin.
    Recalling the Guild, Chir'Daki One of a thread series that, well, recalls the Guild of Bounty Hunters into activity.
    The Devils in the Details, part 1 The return of Tear and with him the promise of a changing landscape.
    So, Do we kill the Duro . The Black Nebula has a new, and unexpected, figurehead since Sorsha Kasajian is to be the Empress's Hand.
    Demons aren't the only ones Scared of the Light . Director Belargic is captured by the Inquisitoriate and questioned by Inq Atrapes.
    Bring me the Head of Ishara Alastor. Salem Ave plots the murder of the Hapan Queen.
    A Different Perspective. The new Hand has been misbehaved and is in need of Training.
    Our Darkest Days, Sacrifice. The planned execution of Dasquian Belargic is thwarted by Rebel forces.
    A new Dawn. The re-emergence of the rebel Dorn Force.
    A Memorable Evening. Russard Dinner party to celebrate the Empress.
    Faith and Hope. Daria questions the new arrival Ilias Nytrau who claims his allegiance.
    Wookie Wysteria - Kashyyyk Assault on Kashyyyk.

The NEXT KO REPORT is an Interview with RESHMAR - Acting Fleet Commander of the Rebel Alliance Navy. Posting Soon!
    Last edited by Dakota Gue; Dec 29th, 2009 at 12:44:37 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Doctor Jesus Terrible
    aka. The Bottomless Pit

Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    I likey.

:clap

Very well done.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    An awesome summary... thank you Dakota, and thanks everyone who took part at SWFans this year. Give yourself a pat on the back (and some cake!)

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Great summary!

Here's mine...

2009 - the year LD's characters did very little and she had a baby

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    This face? Right here? My over-the-moon face.
    Very nice summary! Kinda crazy to think of what we all started up this year. I'm just really glad I got to be a part of it all. <3

I've heard rumours that 2010 is going to be even better

Invicta Gaultier
    No! It couldn't possibly! *gasp*

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    I'm in love with the Ko Report

SW-Fans.Net Poster

The Baroness of Bespin

AKA
    Jenny
    Miss Gue, you have such a way with words... have you considered a career in the Ministry of Truth?

Thankyou muchly, guys

And no, Sanya, I'll just stick to my day job, thanks

TheHolo.Net Poster

No, Mister Belargic. I expect you to... die.

AKA
    Vince
    Within the darkness just beyond the horizon; behind the shroud that blinds your sight
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: vinceisgreat
    I was mentioned! Woo!