TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Professor X isn't in a wheelchair!

I have no idea what happens that causes him to need it, so if you do, please use spoiler tags if you have to talk about it

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny

That picture is a confirmed fake.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    It is? It's still up on MSN and in higher res http://movies.msn.com/paralleluniver...ls/?photoidx=2

Seems to be the case - Matthew Vaughn (the director) has denied it's an official photo:

http://www.slashfilm.com/exclusive-m...or-xmen-class/

To be honest it looks dodgy anyway - the heads don't seem to be sitting on some of the bodies correctly. Looks like a Photoshop job.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Inappropriate for Public Consumption
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
    That picture is a confirmed fake.
    Wish this film was a confirmed fake. Why does it exist? is the only thought I have.

Because Fox doesn't want to lose X-men to Marvel. If they didn't make this film by next year that would happen. I am looking forward to the film, Matthew Vaughn is a very talented filmmaker.

It's also the reason Sony is doing another Spider-man - no new film and Marvel get the film rights back.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I hate that - I wish Marvel could get the rights back.

Teaser Trailer is up
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-class-trailer

It looks much better than X3. It will be interesting to see an X-Men movie without Wolverine, although perhaps that is a good thing. I do like the focus on Xavier and Magneto, I think that shall be a fun dynamic to watch.

Anything and everything is better than X3.

The jury is still out for me, I'm going to need to see more before making a decision to make the trip to a theater to see it or just make it a Netflix movie.

How does this film work with the earlier ones - is it in the same continuity or a complete reboot?

Seeing Mystique featuring here played by a completely different actress looks plain weird.

It is considered a prequel, so I guess the continuity will fit with the other films. Of course, they might end up ignoring the other films

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    If nothing else, I really like the cast for this movie. James McAvoy is so talented and I am glad there is no Wolverine. There are more interesting conflicts and stories to the X-Men than Wolverine.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

omg

It looks awesome.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

So, why does everyone keep calling me Mr. Blonde?

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EquableJarl0 PSN ID: TXViking43
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    If nothing else, I really like the cast for this movie. James McAvoy is so talented and I am glad there is no Wolverine. There are more interesting conflicts and stories to the X-Men than Wolverine.
    I'm a major Wolverine fan, but I agree there's more to the X-Men than Wolverine. Just like there's more to Wolverine than the X-Men.

The last X-Men movie became all about Wolverine. At least in X2, they did seem like a team and it wasn't as focused on him (Jean, Xavier, Nightcrawler, and Magneto had important roles in that story). I think this one will be a more of a team effort, and more character driven than an action piece of crap that was X3.

Read a snippet in io9's Morning Spoilers that talks about a couple of bits:

Yes, the timeline is different. It wouldn't physically fit for him [Havok] to be the brother of Cyclops. We take some liberties on that. There are notions, but, um, I don't want to give away certain interrelations, but let's just say there are some things that do adhere to the comic books and do so in a way the fans will get a kick out of. And those things can, perhaps, move forward into the future…. That's one reason we wanted to call the film ‘First Class' even though it isn't the [Jeff Parker-penned story arc called] ‘First Class' in the comics as fans know it. You couldn't really tell that story without going even earlier and explaining how they got there and how it came to be. I liked the title, so we kept it, but this is a prelude in a way that will eventually lead to the [scenarios] that fit in more clearly with the ‘First Class' comics and situations.
    So, Havok isn't going to be Cyclops' brother. But "certain interrelations" - anyone know about this red skinned teleporter chap? Since Mystique is meant to be Nightcrawler's mother, I'm wondering if this dude is his daddy.

That could be blatantly obvious, of course: I haven't bothered to look the dude up on wiki or anything.

Drin Kizael
    I just discovered the trailer and was going to post that cast picture myself. No need to since you beat me to it.

First thought was... Wow Dani's gonna be real happy when she sees the third character from the left.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast