Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragoncon Timeline

Help Dragoncon Timeline

For the sake of my own sanity, can we get everybody's general iteneraries posted into this thread so I can sort of cobble together a decent schedule of pickups, departures, events, etc.

Thanks y'all

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Charley, I'll need your new landline number if you get one (since my mum says the cellphone satellite might somehow fall out of the sky and she needs the number )

Thu, Sep 3, 2009
    Departs 11:51am, Arrives 1:54pm
    AirTran Airways 560
    Buffalo, NY to Atlanta, GA

Thu, Sep 10, 2009
    Departs 8:45pm, Arrives 10:44pm
    AirTran Airways 556
    Atlanta, GA to Buffalo, NY

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I also nee addresses and telephone numbers for places - if you could PM me those they would greatly ease my mothers fear thank you please!

Ps, I'll post my itinerary once I have proper net access again

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Most of the arrival info that people have shared (bare bones) is in the first post of the DragonKaaaahn thread.

I prefer not to post my flight numbers and such on the internets. But Christin has my info.

Redik
    Arriving in Alabama 8-29-09 (Saturday)
    Flying out of Richmond via US Airways at 9:20-ish AM. Switch flights in Charlotte, NC; my inbound plane is Flight 2269. It will arrive in BHM approximately 12:00 pm, so I'll need an airport pickup around then.

Departing from Alabama 9-13-09 (Sunday)
    Departing at 8:00 AM on Flight 2276 from BHM.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I'm driving into Atlanta on the 2nd and will be leaving (from somewhere) on the 10th or 11th.

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Okies, I am arriving in Atlanta on September 3rd at 9: 17 am with Wyl Fewdy is going to pick us up at the airport.

As for leaving, I will be departing from Atlanta at 4: 01 pm on September 10th. I think Fewdy is driving me back?

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Yes, highly likely.

Han Antilles
    Hey Morgan! Haven't seen you around lately.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    This face? Right here? My over-the-moon face.
    I arrive in ATL at 1:27 PM on the 3rd... think I get in right about when Jenny does for whatever that means... odds are I'll be trying to meet up with my roomies pretty quick so we can get the room secured and drop off my (no doubt) giant suitcase. lol

Uhh departing from ATL at 4:15 PM on the 10th ...soooo maybe if I beg plead and bribe I can catch a ride with whoever is taking Mira back? If not I'm sure we can work something out anyway.

Yep. That's that.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09

UPDATE of itinerary!

Continental Airlines CO1151, Thursday 3 Sep
    Depart: NEWARK (EWR) 3.30PM
    Arrive: ATLANTA (ATL) 5.56PM

Continental Airlines CO84, Thursday 10 Sep
    Depart ATLANTA (ATL) 12.00PM
    Arrive: NEWARK (EWR) 2.28PM

I private messaged Charley with more details about the flight itinerary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasquian Belargic View Post
    I also nee addresses and telephone numbers for places - if you could PM me those they would greatly ease my mothers fear thank you please!
    Haha, we're in the same boat on that one. Here is a typical conversation with my mother.

Mom: "Who are all these people!? How can you know them on the Internet, they must be complete strangers. What are their names, where do they live, what are their jobs, do they live in a slum in Alabama? How big is their house? Are you going to sleep on the floor? Why are you traveling alone? What are you going to do in Atlanta and where will you sleep. When did you order the flight and hotel, and how much did it cost. What is the name of and where is the hotel. Why did you not tell me this before. Why are you spending so much money on this. Why are..." *inhale*

Me: "Take a deep breath and let me explain what..".

Mom: Aahhhh... 9/11 terrists... Bin Laden... swine flu... thieves... serial killers... party drugs... *inhale*

Me:
    Last edited by Yog; Aug 22nd, 2009 at 07:58:36 AM. Reason: update of itinerary

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    Good to know that even at our age Yog, our Mother's are crazy ... granted with reason but we are both 32!

I basically told my Mom that I've known these people for almost 10 years and we've shared wacky adventures together about our lives without ever meeting. It's all good, and besides, we'll be traveling in packs

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

^ I've been to visit Christin and Charley like, 3 times, and I still have to give my mum all of their information AND my travel information. I've told her I would have my cell with me, but noooo, the sky might fall and cell phones will be useless!

I just find it funny that no matter how old or where you are from, all mothers worry about their little babies when they travel

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    This face? Right here? My over-the-moon face.
    Nice to hear my mom's not the only one who does that. Oddly enough, mine has been pretty cool about this whole thing, even when I told her my boyfriend wasn't coming with me. I think it's because of when I went and visited Lyk earlier this year and came back all in one piece. Though...I'm sure I'll get the "names, numbers, itinerary NOW" routine just before I leave.

I know that when my plane lands I'll be calling her going "Not dead! See you in a week " at the very least. lol

Redik
    Hm. I guess I should be thankful that my parents treat me like a grownup when I tell them I'm going on vacation.

Verse Dawnstrider
    I don't see a thread like this at the sister board so I will post here and such. me and my wife will be driving to Atlanta on the 3rd from Savannah.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    My folks know about all of you and are fine with it. "Hey, I'm glad you get to see Charley again. Be safe."

Pretty much all they've told me. I've met so many internet people before that they don't really worry about it.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Redik View Post
    Hm. I guess I should be thankful that my parents treat me like a grownup when I tell them I'm going on vacation.
    Weeeell some of us have never flown alone before, and certainly never outside of the EU so I am fine with my mother wanting to know I'm going :mneh

she has actually met some Fans peeps before so I'm sure it's not a fear of Internet axe murderers

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

I think it's more in case of an emergency than anything else, plus the fact that I've gotten lost/missed flights before

TheHolo.Net Admin

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Christin
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: W4BSY Steam ID: ApexLupine
    My mom thought it was neat as the dickens, and asked me to get drunk for her

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast