Thread: *BlizzCon 2009*

Information *BlizzCon 2009*

http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon/

Brand new and updated with info and FAQs, as of today.

For those of you interested in attending, they've even provided dates for when tickets will go on sale, and what kind of system is being used.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

If I can manage to snag tickets, I'll be going. I still expect the ticketing process to be a giant cluster like it was last year, even with more tickets available this time and the so-called queuing system.

Guess I'll find out on the 16th.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    It seems.. expensive? Or is that just me? What do you actually get for your ticket price?

It was $100 last year per ticket for two days unlimited access to what BlizzCon had to offer.

The reason they raised it by $25 this year is they had rented the final hall the Anaheim Convention center has, bringing the total number of halls to 4. BTW, these are giant halls. (Comfortable shoes, water, snacks recommended for the walking and waiting in lines.)

The convention itself provides you with opportunities of looking inside WoW, SCII, DIII, and possibly any new announcements in regards to new titles they are working on.

They have goodie bags (easily full of merchandise that reach hefty prices on eBay, and it usually includes an Wow in-game special item), panels, Q&A, vendors (not just Blizzard, but other companies as well, i.e. FigurePrints, etc), TCG, minis game, TONS of terminals to play WoW, SCII, and DIII, and a concert (sometimes they charge for this, sometimes they don't).

There's probably more they do as well that I'm forgetting (going off of my memory from last year, so it's a bit fuzzy).

The website I linked will continue to be updated with all sorts of info pertaining to what's being offered.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Ahhh.. I thought there might be a goody bag involved. That makes it seem a little less overpriced

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

I hope they touch on the movie some more.

First wave of ticket sales: Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Billing department has to work this Saturday to answer any general questions customers may have during the ticket sales. And, no, they won't be selling tickets over the phone. They want to keep everyone on an even playing ground.

It's going to be an interesting day.

Second wave of ticket sales: Saturday, May 30, 2009

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I'm not going. It's too close to Dragon-con.

Is cool. Will miss you, though.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    I know, I want to go , but it's just not in the cards. =/

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I might return to RPing if those scrumptious Gue twins would come back. Figrin Sandwich, am I right?

I managed to get tickets. Trip reservations are done. So, I'll be going, along with my fiance and my brother.

Well, then, we will have to hook up during the spurt of time I'll be there.

I'll message ya.