Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cellphone-friendly version of the forum?

Ogre, you're amazing.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    It works amazing, I tested it on my hubby's blackberry.

Kanji
    Working fantasically on my own crackberry. There was a little hitch in the login redirect, but going back to the main forum tree then into a sub-forum still kept me logged in. Awesome work!

Nya Halcyon
    Found a problem. In those forums that have their own styles, the style reverts from the mobile one to the other one. I dunno he there's a way around it, unless that hack you were already talking of would take care of it too.
    Is there some way to show new messages up at the top, too? Having to go inside the CP and then to messages to check he there are any is a little complicated.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by SW-Fans.Net View Post
    The only limitation I have found so far is that the style does not override specifically set group styles within group forums. It does work in all SW-Fans.Net forums where a specific style is not forced and it does allow replying and posting new threads.
    I will be trying the hack to force the style on mobile devices later this week when I have time. We will have to see if that changes the behavior in those forums.

As for the other question, try using the 'New Posts' link at the top of the page.

Darven
    New messages - I meant new PMs.

And something that works oddly enough: if i am in this account on a pc it will use the basic black style i always use. On my cellphone, however, its the mobile style. Without needing to switch. So the style by itself seems to have something coded in it that is detected in a way, otherwise wouldn't my pc also have the mobile style if that's the one i chose on my cell? At the two are clearly different without needing to change.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Style is detected on a cookie basis. If you set your style on one PC to be black, and the other light basic, it will be black on one and light basic on the other. The style set in your CP is the default for when you log in.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    ^^^ what he said

Darven
    Okay, that explains it. I usually change styles via the CP but changed the style on my cell via the menu at the bottom of the forum.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    I have installed the hack that is supposed to force mobile devices to use the mobile style. Those of you with them will have to let me know how it works.

EDIT: My tests show that it does work in forums with already forced styles. ie: The Jedi Enclave, Black Sun etc...
    Last edited by TheHolo.Net; Jan 30th, 2009 at 08:08:58 AM.

Proprietor / Admin
    AKA
    Ogre / Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Darven View Post
    New messages - I meant new PMs.
    I can make a direct link to PMs but would rather not putz with making any kind of new message indicator.

EDIT: I was mistaken, the style already does this. The UserCP link at the top will have asterisks around it when you have a new/unread PM. Like this

*UserCP*
    Last edited by TheHolo.Net; Jan 30th, 2009 at 07:54:32 AM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

A hundred years, just hanging out, feeling guilty. Really honed my brooding skills.
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    JC
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Darth Lykaios PSN ID: Lykaios
    It works brilliantly! Now when roaming around the forums the mobile style stays and doesn't change to...say the imperial or the Jeri one. This is awesome! Thanks again for working your magic!

Darven
    Yes I finally noticed it today about the PMs. Nifty!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12