Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A jumpstart for Cullen's?

Stern

X-Men A jumpstart for Cullen's?

This isn't necessarily for me, but it did occur to me that there's nothing going on there. The place is dead.

The Redencion House is great, but what happens when people come along who actually want to have their character regularly exist at Cullen's?

Going West is great, and it's given me especially an opportunity to do amazing things with Feral, but I feel like we're just supplanting one thing with another, rather than providing another option.

Of course, all the educators and students enrolled at Cullen's are apparently nowhere to be seen. Is there any way around that? It kind of sucks to have to RP with yourself about a school day at Cullen's.

I'm more than willing to have Stern step up the plate as an Adjunct teacher, or create a new account entirely, but I think it would help if we did something about Cullen's foundationally speaking.

I don't really want to do anything too radical, but I am edging towards a total overhaul. The headmaster is nowhere to be seen, there are no teachers (at all) and no students either.

It also be helpful to have all the options open and viable. Any suggestions or thoughts?

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Tempest will still be with the X-men, she is just graduated from the school now. She'll probably wind up as a teacher or something. I'm just having a bit of non-Cullen's fun with her for a while, but she'll be back!

Spectre on the other hand, is busy with work.

Ethan Evans
    I'm still available for Cullen's related shenanigans.

Francoise Dupont
    ..et moi aussi

I'm drained of the cycle of Cullen's, it being a school everything started to feel repetitive after a while, thus is the nature of day-to-day school life. It's not particularly conducive to new ideas, I found, and we were all restricted by the limitations on staff and needed an active hierarchy to lead the way. Dragon, for example, must've been filling in for the workload of five or six teachers at one point.

If you feel a new approach may help reinvigorate stories at the school, then I'm all in favour of it and wish you luck. If I feel I can offer any specifc advice, I will, but I doubt I'll be resurrecting any of my old students or teachers in the future.

Stern
    Yeah, that's the exact problem. Reliance on teachers.

But I was thinking that maybe rather than have the lessons take place in a class room environment, why not have them happen as field trips or hands-on studies? Why teach a concept when you can show it in action?

Plus, I figure if the main point of the school was to create X-Men first and provide a quality classic education second, that would make things more interesting. It becomes a training ground for mutants, rather than your average high school.

Chartis
    I'm afraid I've been woefully neglectful, but Clarity will be popping (quite literally) back and forth between NY and LA. I think she'll try to stay based at Cullen's because of her son, so I'll try to take a more active role in whatever goings-on there are.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    She has to bring Ridley sometimes. Jamie needs someone to play make-believe with.

Like I mentioned somewhere else, I'm thinking of bringing Untouchable over to Cullens as a teacher. Because of the kind of guy that he is, he'll be all for unorthadox teaching stuff like field trips; he'll probably focus on physics but try to teach it in a way that is fun, so there'll be wacky live-action experiments out on the basketball court, letting the kids stay up past midnight to do some astronomy, and stuff.

Also, because of his power he's a pretty good shot with a paper aeroplane, so he'll likely have a stash in a drawer that he fires at the students who aren't paying attention.

Oh, and he's Scottish. I seem to remember hearing that you wee lasses over on this side of the pond are quite fond of that particular accent.

Liz - since Clarity and Tom know each other (sort of) already, do you wanna get together and do a thread where she introduces him to Cullens? I'd rather have a little bit of a precedent for him starting work, but once he's actually been shown where the school is we can likely fudge the rest and start him teaching stuff.

I've also got the Mutant Crimes Unit that's being set up; one of their aims is to cut down on crimes by mutants, and crimes against mutants, so maybe we could arrange some outreach stuff where they come and talk to you about their various fields? We've got a cop, a lawyer, a computer whizz and a DNA guy, all of whom are mutants, so they can probably help teach the kids a little about how to cope with mutant abilities over the course of your daily lives.

One of them also turns into a purple giant, so he'd make one heck of a goalie if they join in with anything on the sports field.

Ethan Daniels
    I'm around too, I just don't know what to do with myself

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Bite that apple, bitch!
    DragonCon 09

Banner will always be at Cullens, until she kidnaps Felix and flies away

I like the idea of doing something with our "original" characters, esp. since it makes no sense for Banner to be in LA. I could bring Sigmund in as teacher/mentor, since I've done nothing with him >_>

Maybe Oddity and Ricky could stop in NY on their way to LA too?

Chartis

Information

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Untouchable View Post
    Liz - since Clarity and Tom know each other (sort of) already, do you wanna get together and do a thread where she introduces him to Cullens? I'd rather have a little bit of a precedent for him starting work, but once he's actually been shown where the school is we can likely fudge the rest and start him teaching stuff.
    Yes, absolutely. It'll be great fun, considering how they met in the first place.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Daniels View Post
    I'm around too, I just don't know what to do with myself
    You're in charge! Do whatever you like!

TheHolo.Net Moderator

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Dani
    that's not very helpful LD

Maxine Flannery
    Max is still at Cullen's, and I'm trying to get her active again. Hoping Ethan makes an appearance in her current thread.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I forget... was this the one about Viola pretending to be her brother Sebastian?
    I got something for you Professor Ion! -runs to chatter idea-

Stern
    Well, the idea I had would be for some long lost brother of Founder Cullen to appear and re-orient the school to be a strike force builder first, high school second.

With his team of 5 or so mutants, he would start testing the kids. The ones that passed would be X-Men. The ones that didn't completed their educations and joined the world.

It sounds high-handed and even arrogant of me, since I would probably play that set of characters, but I couldn't think of anything better.

Of course, this man would work very closely with the current headmaster and all the faculty.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Stern View Post
    some long lost brother of Founder Cullen
    Have you been browsing the wiki lately?

http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.ph...=Joseph_Cullen

Quote Originally Posted by Stern View Post
    With his team of 5 or so mutants, he would start testing the kids. The ones that passed would be X-Men. The ones that didn't completed their educations and joined the world.
    Effectively establishing a neo X-Men team then, as was done often in the comics? That could work, and I'd definately be interested in having Untouchable as one of your 5 or so, if you're accepting volunteers. There might be a couple of the old staff / X-Men who might be willing to get involved with that small core of X-Men as well, if the prospect of regular activity is there.

Weren't you looking for something for Tess to do after she graduated, Liz?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast