Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: set your character wiki page as homepage in your profile

Information Suggestion: set your character wiki page as homepage in your profile

One thing I've noticed is that a fair number of character usernames don't have a homepage set in their profile.

Just an idea - I've been reading through a number of the roleplays in both RP forums and enjoying them a lot . Usually, whilst reading the threads I've been going to the wiki and manually searching and looking up the character pages people have put up there to get up to speed with their background and all.

Some people have already done this (I've done this with Thall), and I think it provides a simple way for someone (ie. me ) to access the character's wiki page if they ever want to read up on it (assuming you HAVE a page for your character - you do, don't you? ).

Of course some people already have another homepage set and that's fine - just an idea for those who haven't.

(for those who are unaware, to set your homepage go to User CP > Edit Profile > Homepage URL box)
    Last edited by Thall; Jan 20th, 2009 at 04:19:43 PM.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    I have done this with most of my characters, at least those who have wiki pages

:: gives Dasq a cookie ::

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Im wiki challenged.

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    That's a really good idea.

Sorsha Kasajian
    I'm far too disorganized for this. I don't even have wikis.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

It's a good idea I just have to read the instructions and figure out how to ...wiki.

I'm not that good with the wiki setup either (specifically the template for character pages). After mucking around with it for an hour or so in the end I just went and copied Arya Ravenwing's wiki page and replaced her bio/pics with my own.

Nya Halcyon
    Good idea! I had the same thought a while back but forgot all about it again. I'll add all mine over the weekend

SW-Fans.Net Poster

If I have to clean up Kazaar after a drunken night of binge drinking one more time there will be HELL to pay!

Thall, thats a great idea.

Tear - get your wiki on man. Even I did it (I did the copy way too!).

I should probably add that if you don't feel comfortable using the wiki, just post your bio here in a new thread and I'm sure someone else will kindly set it up for you. Probably want to check out some pre-existing wiki pages just so you know what content is typically made available so you have it handy (eg. height, aliases, age, weight, ships, parents, background info etc etc etc).

(honestly, setting it up is probably the hardest part - once that's done editing it from then on is quite simple)

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Been wondering whatever happened to Master Yoghurt? Check her pockets.

Tear - I started you a page. Its just bare bones, but my name is in it prominently, as is only fitting

ps) I had trouble linking the RP thread links. I kept going in circles with it spread half over the content box. I gave up and left it to you. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Thall View Post
    I should probably add that if you don't feel comfortable using the wiki, just post your bio here in a new thread and I'm sure someone else will kindly set it up for you. Probably want to check out some pre-existing wiki pages just so you know what content is typically made available so you have it handy (eg. height, aliases, age, weight, ships, parents, background info etc etc etc).

(honestly, setting it up is probably the hardest part - once that's done editing it from then on is quite simple)
    I'm totally addicted to fiddling with wiki's; if anyone wants me to faff around with 'em on their behalf, I'd be more than happy to.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    Tear - I started you a page. Its just bare bones, but my name is in it prominently, as is only fitting .

Codename
    Hera's slave

Aliases
    Hera's pathetic slave
    Hera's kicked like a dog slave

Out of Character
    Tear is a loveable teddy bear in real life. And is short, and has a hunchback.

You cheeky monkey...

Adelaide Kasperian-Kazaar
    Oh...the power of the EDIT button!

Oh! and CU - you are welcome to faff around on the new Russard Industries page I am going to start...erm...shortly.

The wiki'ing is actually harder than I remembered it being.

I just did a quick edit of Tear's page myself - I got the link for the RP working correctly, though you're gong to have to double check the tags on it (currently [IMP] [DARK]) as I only had a quick scan of the thread so am unsure of all the allegiances of the participants.

EDIT: Tear's been editing at the same time as me LOL - fortunately it didn't overwrite my corrections.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Silver-Tongued Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Thall View Post
    I just did a quick edit of Tear's page myself - I got the link for the RP working correctly, though you're gong to have to double check the tags on it (currently [IMP] [DARK]) as I only had a quick scan of the thread so am unsure of all the allegiances of the participants.
    I just saw that. Looks great Thall thanks! The tags seem good to me. Much appreciated Anyone who wants to fiddle around in my wiki page feel free by the way. (that sounded odd didn't it?)

No probs. I've also uploaded your avatar here onto the wiki and used it for you datasheet pic - gets rid of that silly "Image.jpg" message there.

PS. Don't forget to set your wiki page as your homepage too! (the original point of this thread)

::bump::

Been nearly a month since I originally posted this, and there has been a bit of a flurry in new characters being registered and setup, so thought it would be a good reminder.

"A Jedi must remain focused. Mastery of the Force requires that all unnecessary activities be purged from daily life."

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Member of the Arbitrary Apostrophe Club
    This face? Right here? My over-the-moon face.
    Yeah yeah...I'll get to it one of these days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast