Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The First time in a Long While

Flux

Closed Roleplay [X-Men] The First time in a Long While

There was a mall in Westchester a few miles from the Cullen's Institute where the Gifted Youngsters were occasionally allowed to visit when the faculty could be bothered to load them up into busses and vans and drive them out somewhere fun. Flux waited just inside the main entrance, looking expectantly out the window and wishing they'd just HURRY UP so he could see his girlfriend again.

He was SO SICK of phone calls and instant messenger. He needed to see her face, and not just in the zillion pictures he has of her. He needs her to be in front of him. "Banner..." he sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose, "I miss you." Idly he wonders how the hell they both got too busy to even sneak out and see each other.

Banner Laverick
    The last few months hadn't been as busy as Felix thought they were.

With Mr Rhee being a new daddy and the whole "someone breaking into the school lab, we are on lock-down" thing at Cullens, Banner had spent far too much time in her room napping/chatting/doing nothing. And every time it looked like she'd be able to sneak out to see Felix, he was nowhere to be found! Yes, they'd talked online and on the phone, but it wasn't the same as actually seeing, touching and being with him.

Now she was getting off the bus that had brought a ton of her fellow Cullens' kids to the mall for a day of "normal" fun, keeping a look-out for her boyfriend. You know, the one she hadn't seen in FOREVER. Banner ran a hand through her long red hair, straightening her outift and trying to get the butterflies in her stomach to settle down.

Flux
    He saw her coming from miles. Her bright red hair blew softly in the breeze, and the nervous way she was double checking her outfit reminded him so much of the early days of their relationship. He stepped out onto the sidewalk and caught her as she nearly ran into him.

"Hey you," he said with a broad smile, kissing her forehead, cheek, and lips. "I've missed you so very much. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close, trying not to let his metal bands dig into her overmuch. "How's life?"

Banner Laverick
    Banner made a small "eep!" as she walked into Felix, but returned his kiss and put her arms around him. She frowned a little at his question, so instead of answering, she gave him another soft kiss on the lips.

"Hey Stranger. I missed you too. Life is...pretty boring, I guess? You've been out in the big wide world living it up while I've been stuck in Cullens." She rested her head on his shoulder. "How have YOU been?"

Flux
    Living it up? Not quite.

"Well," he started, sighing and interlacing his fingers with hers as they walked in, "I've been doing nightly patrols, that's going okay, I guess. Still going to mundane school, that's pretty boring, and aggravating. I've met some other vigilante types, but only long enough for a brief team-up. I don't think we're gonna really get a group going." He leaned over to nuzzle her cheek. "I haven't been keeping up with my comics, either."

Banner Laverick
    "Felix Fletcher! Shame on you!" She gave him a mock gasp. This boy NOT keeping up with all his comics? And going on nightly patrols - he was taking this hero thing seriously. It made her smile, even if the mention of "mundane" worried her some.

"Teaming up with other mutants huh? You're trying to make me jealous, aren't you?"

Flux
    "No, baby," he answered softly, slowing to let her walk in ahead of him. His eyes flicked over her hips and legs before he caught up to her, sliding one arm around her waist. "I'm sorry if I did tho." The mall was a blaze of activity, packed as full as it could get on this Saturday afternoon. The students of Cullens were immediately lost among the mundanes, each indistinguishable from the other. "We don't really stand out, do we?" he mused.

Banner Laverick
    Banner turned and kissed him, pressing her body close to his as the rest of the students disappeared into the crowd. Did she really want to be spending their one day together hanging out at the mall? No...and his comment made a light-bulb go off over her head. They didn't stand out - so who would miss them if they snuck off somewhere else? No-one. At least, she hoped no-one would notice as she planted a kiss on his neck, leaning up to whisper into his ear.

"No, we really don't. So we should take this opportunity to sneak away and have some time alone."

Flux
    That hadn't been what he'd meant, but he didn't really feel like pressing the issue. Really his concern was where they would go. The whole purpose was to get her out of Cullen's, and his house was too far away for them to get to quickly, have quality time, and then get her back.

"Where do you suppose we should go? Not like we have a lot of options."

Banner Laverick
    "I don't know." Her face sunk into a frown. "Can't a girl want to spend some time with her handsome super-hero boyfriend? I mean, come on, Felix."

She let her arm fall away from him, hands folding across her chest. "If you don't want to do anything, then whatever. We can hang out or whatever."

Flux
    Felix sighed. Again, that wasn't what he meant.

"Baby, I wanna spend time with you, but I can't think of anywhere for us to go, that's all. I've got some money saved up, but I don't know what we'll be able to do with it." He held her tightly. "I love you," he said reassuringly. "I really do."

Banner Laverick
    "I love you too, but, it drives me crazy! We never see each other anymore!" She buried her face into his shoulder as he held her tight. "I wanna be with you, I'm sick of Cullens, I'm sick of everything. I wish things were the way they used to be."

Flux
    "Me too, babe," he said, leading her aside so they'd be out of the way of the foot traffic. He leaned against the wall and nuzzled her nose with a smile. "So pick the place you want to go. Anything at all is fine." He lowered his voice conspiratorally. "We can even go patrolling if you like."

Banner Laverick
    "Patrolling is the last thing I want to do when I finally have time with you. They can burn the city down and kill all the people, I don't care anymore,"

Banner rested her head on his shoulder. She didn't care, and that was pretty different for the girl who used to run around playing super hero. Maybe it was selfish, and maybe that wasn't the right thing, but so what? Staying at Cullens and doing nothing wasn't right either, in her humble opinion.

"I want to just go, and not ever come back here."

Flux
    Flux wasn't sure what to do with that statement, but he began to lead her through the mall, looking about for a place where they could go to use their powers to leave. Waiting on a bus was out of the question; they needed to do what they were doing sooner rather than later. He kept squeezing her hand at intervals, just to show some affection.

"So, uh..." He didn't want to ask about her school again, but didn't know what else to ask either. "Been in any more fights?"

Banner Laverick
    "No."

She squeezed his hand back, a little harder than she meant to as he lead her through the crowd. She couldn't help but smirk.

"This is a role reversal - I'm the one who usually drags you around the mall..." Banners' smirk faded into a slight frown. "I'm sorry I'm so grumpy. It's just, it's so frustrating. We should do something really cool to make the day better, right?"

Flux
    "That would be the plan," he said wryly, leading her into an "EMPLOYEES ONLY" door that didn't appear connected to a shop. He was rewarded with the grubby back-area of the mall, where maintenance workers kept the power running and pipes connected and the cleaning supplies. He was also lucky enough to have entered as no employees were moving about. A camera was sweeping the area, and he unplugged it from the wall with his magnetism.

"Ok, help me find a ladder to the roof."

Banner Laverick
    "Over there."

Banner pointed to their left. The ladder was a few feet from them, but the sound of workers was coming from the right. She gave him a quick grin.

"We could fly up, you know. Unless you're going to impress me with your new super-hero skills."

Flux
    "I got it."

He ran forward, jumping and repelling himself off the metal flooring, flipping in air and kicking at the barely-latched trapdoor at the top of the ladder. It sprang open and Flux landed with a fair amount of grace on the roof, disabling the security cameras up on top the same way he did the ones inside. He turned to face Banner as she came up after him.

"Whaddaya think?"

Banner Laverick
    "That you're being a show-off!"

She couldn't help grinning at him as she floated up after him, closing the door carefully after them. She landed gently on the roof beside him, planting a kiss on his lips.

"But, you're my show-off, and it looks like you've been doing really well with your powers, baby. I guess I won't need to carry you anymore."

She turned and walked towards the edge of the roof, close enough that she could see over, but far enough away that people wouldn't notice her up there. "If we were patrolling, you'd outshine me now."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast