Thread: Battlestar Galactica: Season 4

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    All we know about Earth is that there is no life in that paticular section of it. And I've read people online speculating that the planet we see isn't Earth at all, since they showed no recognizable continents on that awesome fly over shot.

I think it is Earth personally because the constellations all matched, and I think that there may be people living there still. I don't think Galactica has incredible life-sign detectors like Star Trek, so they don't have any way to scan the entire planet for life.

I noticed that there weren't any recognizable continents either, but it has to be Earth. If it isn't, I'll feel kind of cheated. Plus I've read articles and interviews over the months where the producers said Earth would be found by the end of the show, since this is the final season. So hopefully they weren't fibbing to us.

The season finale cinematic zoom to earth in Crossroads, Part II clearly showed North America. I'm afraid I don't remember the flyover shot very well, but at least we know earth isn't all Gondwanaland-shaped.

I remember hearing someone point out that the Crossroads shot also clearly shows a feature of the Mississippi River delta which developed only in the last five thousand years. That would be the closest the show has come to pinpointing the date.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    Yes the planet at the end of season 3 is clearly Earth. We're just saying that the planet here at the midpoint of season 4 isn't as clearly Earth. Except that the constellations that they got on Kobol match perfectly, so. It should be Earth.

Bit of a random time to necro this thread, given that the second half of Season 4 isn't out until next June or something like that. However having seen the new trailer for Caprica, I've been wondering. What if Adama is the last Cylon?

I mean, he shouldn't be. Based on what the show has established, "Human-form" Cylons were invented during the war: I think that's what the lab in the flashbacks from Razor was meant to show. But Caprica seems to have a human-form Cylon of a little girl, and the Cylon creator (who's name escapes me) mentions something along the lines of: "Wouldn't you do anything to see your daughter again?"

What if Adama's father looses his son, and a Cylon Adama is built as a replacement? We've already seen that they can breed with humans; hell, if Tigh really did get Six pregnant, then they can breed with each other as well.

Sorry...random thought, and couldn't think where else to express it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234