Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica: Season 4

Battlestar Galactica: Season 4

Battlestar Galactica finally returns tonight, after more than a year off the air.

Everybody ready?

Banner Laverick
    I don't watch this show, and if I have to hear or see one more advert for it with that chick yelling and screaming in it (since it's on a channel I don't even get!), I will yell and scream

But I hope everyone else is excited and enjoys the new season...

I almost forgot that came on tonight. I know I am ready. I am curious to see who the final Cylon is. Based on what Moore has said is that is not one of the main characters (the Adamas, Roslin, Starbuck, or Baltar). So, I guess one of the secondary characters right now I am going to guess Zarek, but we shall see.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Summer Box Office Contest 2008 - Winner!
    Try the root stew, you will. Taste good, it does.
    DragonCon 09
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    Everybody ready?
    I've been ready for a year..

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

Man, that was awesome...

random thoughts:
    - The moment with the Cylon raider and Anders. I think the raider was programming him, but to do what? Notice how the Cylon fleet withdraw afterwards. Clearly, he has an important mission.

- Nice special effects in the space battle. Reminded me of SW Episode 3. They must have spent quite a bit of the budget on that first episode. Although, personally, I am more interested in the plot, which was excellent.

- Why was Starbuck's viper brand new? Is she even Starbuck (maybe she is programmed or a clone)? How can she "feel" the direction of Earth? Did she really find Earth btw? Why is she aiming a gun at the president? Personally, I think she is doing that to persuade the President to turn the fleet around.

- God and the divine certainly is a recurring theme. Gaius Baltar is reminiscent of the third coming of Jesus Christ now. The whole story is like an allegory now, with metaphors to human civilization, where BSG is Noah's Ark, and Gaius having an angel or archangel in his head. Now Gaius is healing people like a miracle..

- What went through Saul's head when he was imagining himself shooting Adama? Was it a glimpse of what he is programmed to do, or an impulse of fear what he is afraid he could do? I think the latter, otherwise, he would probably shot Adama long time ago. Although, this begs the question, what is his role? It must be something important. He has a high command position, and can mess up stuff pretty bad at any moment..

- We still have no clue who the 5th Cylon could be.. but what about the other 4? They are ticking bombs! They seem to have no intention telling anyone..

Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post
    Man, that was awesome...

random thoughts:
    - The moment with the Cylon raider and Anders. I think the raider was programming him, but to do what? Notice how the Cylon fleet withdraw afterwards. Clearly, he has an important mission.

- Nice special effects in the space battle. Reminded me of SW Episode 3. They must have spent quite a bit of the budget on that first episode. Although, personally, I am more interested in the plot, which was excellent.

- Why was Starbuck's viper brand new? Is she even Starbuck (maybe she is programmed or a clone)? How can she "feel" the direction of Earth? Did she really find Earth btw? Why is she aiming a gun at the president? Personally, I think she is doing that to persuade the President to turn the fleet around.

- God and the divine certainly is a recurring theme. Gaius Baltar is reminiscent of the third coming of Jesus Christ now. The whole story is like an allegory now, with metaphors to human civilization, where BSG is Noah's Ark, and Gaius having an angel or archangel in his head. Now Gaius is healing people like a miracle..

- What went through Saul's head when he was imagining himself shooting Adama? Was it a glimpse of what he is programmed to do, or an impulse of fear what he is afraid he could do? I think the latter, otherwise, he would probably shot Adama long time ago. Although, this begs the question, what is his role? It must be something important. He has a high command position, and can mess up stuff pretty bad at any moment..

- We still have no clue who the 5th Cylon could be.. but what about the other 4? They are ticking bombs! They seem to have no intention telling anyone..
    Well the other Cylons don't even know they exist yet they have been programmed to forget them. I wonder why really. Why did those 5 get boxed and then forgot but then they weren't boxed. My theory is the Fifth cylon is the one who got them unboxed. He or she probably has been conscious for some time and has some plan. The Fifth is in the fleet and it could be any number of people.

I can't believe it.

I had a DVD in the recorder. I left the cable box set to the Sci-Fi Channel. I went to bed.

BUT I FORGOT TO PROGRAM THE DVD RECORDER!

I just tried to watch the episode online at the Sci-Fi Channel website, but there were enough hiccups in the stream that I gave up. At least I already used my cable guide to see that they'll repeat the episode at 11pm tomorrow, so I'll record it then, then watch it Monday evening.

I suck.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Doctor Jesus Terrible
    aka. The Bottomless Pit

Did anyone else get the Charles Manson impression from Baltar O_o

Or is that just the Wisconsin in me?

Okay, finally saw the episode last night...wow. Simply wow.

A tremendous amount of info to process and wonder about. I think the most curious thing to me is what happened between the Cylon in the raider and Anders. That was just really freaky.

And speaking of freaky, the whole Baltar as messiah thing is just really icky. That's also something that's going to be fascinating to watch develop. He might be some kind of messiah, but he's still a horndog,that's for sure .

Quote Originally Posted by Rutabaga View Post
    Okay, finally saw the episode last night...wow. Simply wow.

A tremendous amount of info to process and wonder about. I think the most curious thing to me is what happened between the Cylon in the raider and Anders. That was just really freaky.

And speaking of freaky, the whole Baltar as messiah thing is just really icky. That's also something that's going to be fascinating to watch develop. He might be some kind of messiah, but he's still a horndog,that's for sure .
    LOL I know I loved the part when the one follower was trying to ask him about touching God. Seriously though, he gives me a Jim Jones/ David Koresh vibe.

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    DragonCon 09

I loved the "Do you feel the presence of God??", accompanied with flashing Baltar

SW-Fans.Net Admin

Good but Damaged Goods

DragonCon 09
    Welp, that felt intense like an episode of Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yog View Post
    I loved the "Do you feel the presence of God??", accompanied with flashing Baltar
    Best. Pickup. Line. Ever.

Poor Cally. Poor, sweet Cally.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Doctor Jesus Terrible
    aka. The Bottomless Pit

I like the new Tory!

As I watched it, I couldn't help but think of the legendary line from Dune...

The sleeper has awakened!

And with a vengeance, that's for sure.

Poor Cally and are 99% of the #3, 6's and 8's dead? Cavil is sure an evil cylon. Dean Stockwell sure plays that character as so diabolical. I think a few of the other models survived but I think this civil war is going to finish of the cylons for the fleet.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I thought for a minute there Cally would live, but man... how awful. I felt so bad for her, with her world unravelling around her like that. The memory flashes were poignant.

And Nicky and Hera are two half-cylons. I wonder what the writers have in store for the cylon kids? Perhaps it will become clear when the last of the Five is revealed. FOr that matter, where IS Hera? She's with the fleet, isn't she? And her parents are with Starbuck on a wild goose chase. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    I thought for a minute there Cally would live, but man... how awful. I felt so bad for her, with her world unravelling around her like that. The memory flashes were poignant.

And Nicky and Hera are two half-cylons. I wonder what the writers have in store for the cylon kids? Perhaps it will become clear when the last of the Five is revealed. FOr that matter, where IS Hera? She's with the fleet, isn't she? And her parents are with Starbuck on a wild goose chase. O_o
    I don't think it is a wild goose chase as I think Starbuck will lead them to Earth. Adama must have someone looking after Hera. Also I think Tom Zerek is the last cylon. I just have that feeling about him.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast