Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Times at Mutant High

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Batdude View Post

"Horror is a manifestation of our more realistic biases. We can look at this objectively, but way back when, this was escapism for people who were uncomfortable with commies, buttsex, or black people or whatever. It's pretty disturbing when you think about what the genre's subconcious originally was. It's all kitsch nowadays, but you've gotta watch out for that occasional guy that takes it seriously."
    "Wait, so are you saying you do want to have buttsex with a black commie or you don't?"

To answer Carlos's question, he simply shrugged, and nodded at Jacinda with a frightful look on his face. He leaned back on the couch, getting comfortable next to Anja, and looked at her.

"You're not missing out on much with these films. Just cheap make-up and dodgy special effects. You will be able to enjoy the rubbish acting though."

The bowl was in his lap when she delved in for a handful. He smirked.

"So, Anja... do you scare easily?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I forget... was this the one about Viola pretending to be her brother Sebastian?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    Jacinda carried a plate of cookies over too the couch, figuring that Anja would smell them coming, at the very least. Just in case, not wanting to startle her, Jacinda announced that she was right behind her, before setting a hand on Anja's shoulder and bringing the plate around to her reach.

"Here you go, Anja. These are 'The Best'. The rest of the snacks are on the table in front of you, just ask Chris if you aren't sure what sounds good."

To Chris, she just smirked. "If you are asking me to choose between The Wolfman, Frankenstein's creature and Dracula, I'm afraid my answer must always be Dracula."

She grinned and scuttled off to put the movie on, muttering "...that man's the right kind of creepy."

Once it started playing, she got cozy on the floor, laying on her stomach with a pillow under her folded arms.

Anja Drake
    She finished licking the excess cheese powder of her fingers when Jacinda came around with the cookies.

"Grazie, Jacinda. I'll devour them momentarily." Anja chuckled, taking the plate from Jacinda and patted the hand that was on the her shoulder.

The rest of the group was getting ready for Jacinda to start the movie and Anja put the plate down for a second, she slipped her sweatshirt over her head before settling into the cushions and picking up the plate again. The sound of the TV indicated that it was time to start.

"So, Anja... do you scare easily?"
    Anja flashed a smile a Chris as she answered his question. "Hmm, I suppose it depends on the situation." She whispered, not wanting to disturb the others. "And how much I'm actually paying attention. What about you?"

Secretly, the biggest thing she was afraid of was...herself.

Damien E. Dervish
    With another thud and a grunt, the fourty-five pound, devilish looking mutant hauled the two five pound buckets of ice cream up on the final step. With the added weight of the two liter of Vault on his back, along with the sprinkles, whipped cream, chocolate syurp, strawberry syurp, Double-Stuf Oreos, and bag of cherry Twisslers Pull and Peel, Damien was carrying at least half, if not more, of his body weight in unhealthy foods. Wonderful stuff.

After about another two minutes of hauling the goods, Damien finally found the dorm room where the festivities would be going on. Perhaps a bit younger than most at the party, Damien heard about it eavesdropping while hanging upside down, toying with the security cameras....again. This time, it was to fix the bypass loop that he fed into it, playing a Family Guy marathon. Thank God that punishment was over with.... Once at the door, Damien, with a grunt, eased one of the buckets of neopolitan ice cream to the floor, and knocked on it rapidly.

Carlos Calaveras
    There was a knock at the door. Carlos glanced around the room and got the impression that everyone was avoiding making eye-contact – no one wanted to give up their seat to let the late arrival in. Carlos sighed and climbed to his feet. Whoever was outside was hammering at the door.

“Alright! I'm coming!”

His hand was just on the doorknob when a poof sounded behind him. Carlos whirled around and saw that in the space he had formerly occupied, on the big beanbag, was sitting a girl with dark hair and a Cheshire grin on her face. She had teleported inside.

“Oh, clever... nice.”

About to go in search of another seat, Carlos paused when he heard a softer knocking. He edged the door open and smiled at who was waiting outside.

“Hola, little devil. You got here just in time. Pull up a, uh, cushion?” he laughed, and closed the door behind Damian.
    Last edited by Carlos Calaveras; Feb 27th, 2008 at 05:35:20 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

I forget... was this the one about Viola pretending to be her brother Sebastian?
    Jacinda waved at Damien from her spot on the floor. "Hey Damien, we just started watching, you haven't missed anything."

She watched Carlos picking his way around the room in search of a roost, equal in coziness to the one he had lost, but not having much luck. She rolled onto her side and gave him an amused look, until she caught his eyes. Then scooted over and patted her cushion, offering to share.

Carlos Calaveras
    Carlos gave a 'what would I do without you?' grin and set about getting settled into his new spot, nudging Jacinda to move over a little further. In truth, he didn't even need the space. It just made him grin to see her reaction.

Ghost
    For a moment, Chris had been so distracted by her smile and by building up euphamisms around her statement regarding how much she was paying attention that he didn't realise he'd been asked a question. He lost the dreamy look in his eyes and became flustered.

"Erm... well, I think... yeah... what did I say?" he mumbled, then loudly sputtered, "Oh, yeah!"

He was hushed by a ginger-haired boy who'd recently fell through the ceiling and sat cross-legged on the floor near the television. He leaned in close and whispered.

"I don't get scared but... if you get scared, I'm here. I mean, if you need to get out and go for a walk or something. Not that I don't want to go for a walk or anything it's just I've seen this film before so I- you want a cheeto?"

Veritas
    please delete this post

Batdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    "Wait, so are you saying you do want to have buttsex with a black commie or you don't?"
    "Haha, no need to fly all the way to Transylvania, you can get that in Newark, Broseph!"

The entire dorm had become a diabetic hell, and Marty helped himself to the community pool of sweets.

"I mean obviously Vlad Dracula has Romanian folk roots and there is a good story in there, but we're not Romanian peasants, so the story gets changed. All of these stories really got their start right around the rise of communist Russia and Dracula as we know him in early cinema is a personification of the old world wanting to suck the blood of capitalism and wealth out of our so-called chaste white anglo-saxon protestant women.

I won't even start on King Kong, that one is too obvious."

Marty suddenly realized that nobody was actually listening to him and he sort of mumbled off.

"Oh, heh, and watch the wire harness slip here, it's hilarious."

Anja Drake
    "Erm... well, I think... yeah... what did I say?" he mumbled, then loudly sputtered, "Oh, yeah!"
    There was really no doubt that Anja would have burst out laughing if they hadn’t already started the movie. Chris just seemed so…flustered? She couldn’t see his expression, so she naturally assumed that he had been a bit distracted by the movie. Her body racked silently with laughter.
    <o></o>
    "I don't get scared but... if you get scared, I'm here. I mean, if you need to get out and go for a walk or something. Not that I don't want to go for a walk or anything it's just I've seen this film before so I- you want a cheeto?"
    <o>

</o> Her giggle fit stop abruptly. “You’re not afraid of anything?”
    <o></o>
    She was thinking cleverly inward, he was scared of something…he had to be. She grinned like a cat at him and poked him playfully in the shoulder. “Well…if I could listen to the movie then maybe I’ll get scared…”

Damien E. Dervish
    amien smiled, a flash of sharp, gleaming white fangs and incizors at Carlos.

"Gladly. I brought ice cream, among other sweets that could probably kill us with their sugary-goodness!"

As Jacinda finished speaking, Damien looked over at her from the entrance.

"Good! I love the Hammer Horror series!"

For a being of his stature, Damien would have some difficulty getting the ice cream stored away, but this didn't dissuade him a bit. Damien slowly carried the ice cream to the freezer, and with some effort, managed to get both buckets into it. The chill in the air rose slightly as he managed to push the door shut. He rummaged through the remainder of his sack of snacks and found exactly what he was looking for: his extra-large can of Slim Jims. Pulling a can of Vault from a corresponding bag, Damien took off with a slight flap of his wings, landing on the back of the couch, giving his best performance, pretending to be a vampire.

"I vant to suck your blood! One! Ah-ah-ah-ah! Two! Ah-ah....whoa!"

Damien, strangely for his normally graceful self, lost his balance, and fell off of the back of the couch. His landing was unceremonious, leaving Damien in an awkward position behind the spacious couch. Damien muttered curses as he climbed and fluttered his way onto the couch. With a pout on his face, Damien reaquired his seat on the top, gathering his goods.

After a few taps on his soda top, deft black claws popped it open with ease. The hiss of carbonation was drowned out by the scream of a damsel in distress. Damien's little trick diffused the foam that would've probably spewed everywhere. But his other act of the clowny vampire had instead made him look more ridiculous than normal. Grumbling, Damien snapped open the can, tore open the wrappers, and began eating on two Slim Jims at a time, while holding the can with his tail. Sometimes it came in handy, that tail did....

As Marty mentioned the harness slip, Damien looked over at his batlike countenance.

"Didn't the actor break his legs or something when the stunt went bad?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Scrunching up her face at being rolled off her own pillow, Jacinda shoved her way back, despite the fact the it placed her extremely close to Carlos. She didn't seem to mind, reaching over and grabbing a wobbling pile of Twizzlers from a bowl.

She whacked him with one, by way of an offering.

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Anja Drake View Post
    “Well…if I could listen to the movie then maybe I’ll get scared…”
    "Oh!" he said, there was mischief in his eyes, "Let's get scared then."

The teleporter was at the table full of snacks, he called her over, and with a poof, there she was, holding a large bowl of popcorn. He took two mighty handfuls and sent her on her way. He settled back into the couch and gave Anja half of his popcorn horde. Behind them, Damien crashed to the floor. Chris cheered.

"Nice one, Carlos!" he said, and threw a piece of popcorn at his head, "That's two down, only another... seven more to go. You can do it!"

He brushed off some crumbs Damien had dropped and pretended to turn his attention to the film, his eyes frequently glancing back at Anja.

Anja Drake
    She gathered the popcorn Chris gave her in her hands and gently used her pinky to trace the couch cushion to find her plate that she left there.

It was hard, to say the least, to concentrate of the movie. With all the new arrivals and motion going on it was extremely difficult to focus her attention on the dialogue and sound coming from the televsion. Centering her senses on one thing was relatively hard, since her "vision" picked up so much around her.

Anja smiled to herself as she all of a sudden remembered her journey with Artisn to the New York. Focusing in the city was harder than centralizing her thoughts in this small room, but yet, they rivaled eachother.

The smile faded, she took a cookie that Jacinda had requested and a few kernels of popcorn. A scream came from a distress women in the film; it caused her to grin again and she secretly wondered if Chris was watching her to see if she jumped.

Taking a deep breath, she moved her hazey eyes to flickered to the TV set and this time successfully focused on what was going on in the movie.

Batdude
    "I dunno" Marty replied to Damien's question about the film.

"I zone out on easter eggs and special features and they pointed out all the wire gaffes. I guess it wasn't quite Ang Lee stuff yet."

Marty found himself watching Jacinda more than he was watching the movie, but having nothing to really say, he generally played the wallflower.

Damien E. Dervish
    Damien grinned at Marty.

"Yeah, that happens to me sometimes, as well. Probably the hyperactivity kickin' in or somethin'. As for the Ang Lee stuff, I doubt it. That was some time later, I think in the late eighties, early nineties. Much like good rock music, save for the classics..."

A clawed and black right hand held out a few wrapped Slim Jims, as more filler dialogue spilled from the speakers of the entertainment system.

"Want some?"

Carlos Calaveras
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Scrunching up her face at being rolled off her own pillow, Jacinda shoved her way back, despite the fact the it placed her extremely close to Carlos. She didn't seem to mind, reaching over and grabbing a wobbling pile of Twizzlers from a bowl.

She whacked him with one, by way of an offering.
    Carlos feigned a flinch. “Hey, careful with that... you'll take someones eye out!”

It was a joke, but knowing his luck, anything was possible.

A piece of popcorn, thrown by Chris, bounced against his head – no doubt it was the first of many. He laughed it off.

“Not everything is my fault, you know? You can't keep blaming me forever!”

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Jacinda grinned fondly at all the bickering. No one was even trying to be quiet really, but it wasn't bothering her.

Snuggling deeper into the cushion, she lay her head on her folded arms, watching the movie, but she listened to the dialogue from behind her. All about where movie screw-ups were and what junk food was the most necessary to have at all times.

She tuned in and out, not really always paying attention to the conversation, as the movie continued.

Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post

“Not everything is my fault, you know? You can't keep blaming me forever!”
    "Guilty until proven innocent, my friend. Guilty until- ooh, yes please!"

He took a Slim Jim from Damien and tore the wrapping open with his teeth. His eyes were back on Anja, she stared ahead with a small smile on her lips. He decided to go with the flow and slouched until comfortable so he could enjoy the rest of the film. His plan was to wait until Anja gets so scared she turns to him to provide manly protection. A few minutes later, he was fast asleep with a half-eaten Slim Jim hanging limp in his hands.
    Last edited by Ghost; Mar 2nd, 2008 at 10:41:59 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast