Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Tears Please (Theo, Jamie)

Father Barton

Closed Roleplay [WoD] No Tears Please (Theo, Jamie)

Dang another rental Car place, I wish I had my pinto. I looked over at Theo who was just waiting for me to sign all the papers they make you sign. It was like I was signing my dang soul over for a car I would use for maybe a day or two and more then likely totally destroy. So I signed the name Benny Fitz on the contract and showed the proper Id for that name. Probably would be the last time I would be able to use that name for a few years, in Florida at least.

Clerk: "Thank you Reverend Fitz, here is the keys to your corvette."

Heck since I was in Florida I might as well ruin a dang Chevy while I was at it I figured. It's not like I was paying for the car anyway that would be the Holy church that gave me this pretty credit card. If I didn't have to fit the bill I was all up for ruining an over rated American classic.

"Thank you and God be with you child."

I had to keep up the image that I was a reverend or they might get suspicious. That and I like creeping people out, they where always so uneasy when the word God wasn't used in a blasphemous statement.

"Let's go Theo we have God's work to do."

Just to creep the clerk that stole Benny Fitz's soul out just a little more.

Theo Johnson
    Theo, who'd been silent for the whole time, simply nodded and followed John out towards the car. Once out of ear shot of the clerk, Theo, now dressed up dog collar and all, let out a laugh and turned to John.

"Reverend Fitz eh? That's a new trick."

Father Barton
    "You would be surprised at how many names I do have. Heck the society Leopold doesn't even know my real name, and neither does the Holy church."

I was glad no one knew my real name, cause if they did they would be gunning for me. It was my one secret I kept just for myself.

"You know how to drive right?"

Theo Johnson
    "Heh, yeah, just about. I passed my test a few weeks before I met you in London. But I, well, I wouldn't know where we were going." Theo replied.

Father Barton
    I just shrug and toss Theo the keys to the Corvette. It was an over rated pile of crap car so I really didn't care if he damaged it.

"I will tell you where to turn, plus I think it has a gps system in it. At least I think I signed a paper that said something like that. If you wreck it oh well, just try to keep me alive until we get to Chris's place."

I gave the Kid a smile, heck it wasn't everyday you got to drive the bosses car right? Well his rental car anyway, if it was the pinto there would be no way I would let him drive.

"Oh yeah and remember here in American the steering wheel is on the opposite side and we drive the right way. Oh yeah and we use miles and not that kilo meters stuff."

I just laughed of course I was giving him crap cause Americans thought they where better then everyone else. Event though I was technically Canadian it really didn't matter. I got in the passenger seat the red corvette with racing stripes. I notice the seats where leather well more then likely the fake kind.

"Oh yeah Theo we are going to have start getting you some alternate Identities. Cause well me and you we are going to get in allot of trouble and will need a way to cover are tracks."

Theo Johnson
    Theo grinned like a kid when he got into the driver's seat. It certainly bat the old banger he drove at home. Stuffing the keys into the ignition, he fired up the engine and pulled his seat blt across.

"Where are we gonna get the ID's from?" he asked, slipping the ar nto gear and pullng out of the forecourt.

Father Barton
    My head jolted back just slightly as we took off. I just smiled as he asked the question on the ID's. I flipped on the GPS system in the car and quickly typed in the location so Theo could follow the screens directions. The place was somewhere at the other end of Miami in a fairly well to do neighborhood. Which was the other reason for the car, I didn't want to get people suspicious.

"Well Chris has the skills for making real fake ID's. I think he robbed a DMV once, that and he is a computer god. He can get you a few new Identities. If you want something more like a really cop badge like I have for both San Francisco and Chicago Police departments, we will have to go up a little higher on the food chain to get those."

Theo Johnson
    "Ah okay" Theo nodded as they turned another corner, remembering to stay on the right side of the road. This was damn confusing.

"Fiona. You want to kill her?" he asked.

Father Barton
    "Yes."

I didn't even have to think about it. It was a question that had answered itself the moment I knew it was supernatural. Her kind wanted control of the world, as did all the other super naturals. I was part of the army that stood in their way. It was my duty as a soldier of God to stop their kind from bringing the devil's rule over the world.

"It may look human, Theo. Yet it is not. I'm soldier of God and their kinds are barbarians of the devil. They deceive the world into make them think they are just like everyone else. Yet they are what is trying to destroy us they are jealous that god gave us this world and forced them to live in the shadows. They want what we have but they are soulless and can never achieve it."

Theo Johnson
    "Pretty grim then" Theo said.

Half an hour or so passed in relative silence, the radio playing softly. There was so much to take in now, and Theo really wasn't sure if everything had quite sunk in. Not so long ago, the teen was a roadsweep in the middle of London. And now, he'd travelled more than he ever had in his life, he'd found God, had been imbued with mystical powers, and was now hunting down supernatural beings.

"How long have you been doing this John?" he asked, finally breaking the silence.

Father Barton
    "Life is grim in the grand scheme of things. Don't worry Theo you will get use to it. Then you will start to wonder how you survived before you knew how dark the world really was."

I started to count back in my head to accurately calculate just how long I had been at this game. I am thirty-four now and it was about eighteen years ago that Jenny died. I had been a priest for fourteen years.

"That's tuff to say. I was fifteen almost sixteen when I was first exposed to the supernatural. So I was exposed almost eighteen years ago but I have only been actively hunting for about fourteen of those years."

I had outlived the hunter’s life expectancy by about twelve years or so. Considering the average hunter only hunts from one to two years. Then they either die or retire.

Theo Johnson
    "Bet you've seen some pretty horrible things then" Theo commented, frowning slightly as a strange feeling started to wash over his mind. Shaking his head, he tried to clear his head.

"Must be tough to survive. Had many close calls?" he asked.

Father Barton
    "Horrible things, I have seen allot of things I don't think I would call them horrible though. Nothing worse then a mortal man does to another mortal man. With the exception supernatural do it with a bit more skill and don't have a guilty conscience afterwards."

I had seen allot, to many things for a normal man to see. Yet still I never thought of it as horrible, disgusting. Most of these beasts wanted to be like mortals so they did what mortals would do with that kind of power. Mortals could be just as bad or worse then a supernatural.

The only difference I saw was that mortals had no clue what was going on, they where blind. So they didn't know any better then to kill each other. The super naturals they new what was going, the damage they could cause, and the consequences of there actions. So mortals where blind and ignorant. Super naturals where just evil.

"I have had a few close calls but you got to be prepared for those. No the worst part of this job is trusting people because who ever you take under your wing, could always betray you."

I added a bit of bitterness to that last statement because someone I trusted had turned me on before.

Theo Johnson
    Theo gave a quick glance over at John, before looking back to the road. A nerve had been hit, it seemed.

He couldn't seem to shake the feeling from his mind. It wasn't so much a headache or a migrane; it didn't hurt at all. But there was still a lingering, subtle feeling pressing on his consciousness.

"Ugh...I think I need to pull over..." the teen mumbled, veering without warning to the side of the road and coming to an abrupt stop. Luckily, the road was emtpy but for them.

Unclicking the belt around him, Theo pulled open the door and swung his legs outside the car, leaning forward as his head became light and he swayed ever so slightly. His mind blanked out for a moment, for being assaulted by a barrage of images. They weren't crystal clear, appearing as if from behind smoke, but they could be made out, just. A girl, a warehouse, and...Theo and John? It was hazy, but it was definately the pair.

Theo's throat clogged, and from his mouth spewed a quick stream of vomit. His heart was racing and his breathing was heavy.

"I saw something" he groaned, sitting upright again. "A vision, I think. Someone's in trouble..."

Father Barton
    "That’s fine..."

As I was talking the car pulled over and Theo was leaning out the door puking. This wasn't the first time I had seen this happen to someone. He was seeing something but what I wonder. I listened as he told me what he saw.

"Some one did you see the person's face? Where it was at?"

With out a thought I got out of the car and started to walk over to the driver side door.

"Slide into the passenger seat I'll drive us. I know a short cut."

Theo Johnson
    "I don't recongise her" Theo moaned, sliding over to the other seat. "It's a slaughter house, but I don't know where."

Father Barton
    "Alright!"

That's all I said as I put the pedal to the metal shifting gears. I was rounding gears at high speeds as I flipped down an ally way. I took a right and then a straightaway until I hit the right corner to another ally way on my left. I dang near nicked a garbage can down this ally. As soon as I got to the end I hung a right. I slowed the car as I came to a wide-open parking spot on the side of a street.

"Alright you stay in the car I will be right back Theo."

I walked up to the door of the small house and knocked three times. I know Chris was look out his peephole right at me. I also knew he wouldn't say anything through the door. His mail slot opened and an envelope was pushed out and hit the concrete walk way. I picked up and walked back to the car.

"Alright Theo lets see what the mission is in the envelope shall we? Any guess's on what the Job is?"

Theo Johnson
    Theo shook his head, havign recovered completely from feeling ill.

"I don't know. Chasing down some vamps? Or Fiona maybe?" he chuckled lightly. "Either way, I think we need to get moving again soon."

Father Barton
    "I can't see the future but I'm a hundred percent sure it's not about Fiona. This envelope contains a mission, something Chris wants us to complete before he will give us any information or anything we ask for."

I open the envelope and my eyes widen a bit as I read through it.

"Fun."

I comment then continue reading the letter. I hand the letter with a picture in it to Theo as I get in the car.

"It's your lucky day kid. Look at the picture, is that your slaughter house?"

Theo Johnson
    Theo bounced up and down in his seat, pointing at the picture excitedly.

"That's the bloody same one! No doubting it!" he exclaimed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast