Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knock Knock

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona nodded in agreement with Michele ::

"I've known the garou for centuries, Rene. In that time I've established close ties with a few of the tribes."

Rod Stafford
    "Okay, as long as you're sure," he said, not sounding sure.

He took his coffee from the table and cradled it in his hands. The warmth from the cup made his palms clammy. He drank.

"Ah! That's good!" he sighed, "I've heard America runs off this stuff."

As he took a second sip, he glanced up and caught Fiona's eyes. He remembered something and put his coffee on the table.

"Listen, I owe you an apology," he started, and turned to Michelle.

"Both of you. I shouldn't have left the way I did, and after all you'd done for me, you deserved better than that. I'm sorry."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Dani
    "Aw!" I toss Perc to the floor and wrap my arms around Rod's neck. "It's ok. We forgive you this time, but if you do it again, you're gonna have to be my practice dummy!"

I give Fi a wink. "Right?"

Fiona Devlin
    "You said it." she winked back.

Rod Stafford
    "It won't happen again," he said, stiffly patting Michelle on her arm until she relinquished her stranglehold. In his absence, he'd forgotten how physical they were and he'd have to get used to it. He grinned in spite of himself. They were both incredibly attractive women.

"Chicago is my home now," he began after righting himself on the couch, "I have friends here and... I have a job."

My grinned, thoroughly pleased with himself.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

*holds up sword* Okay, so let me see if I got this right. The pointy end goes in the other person, right?
    AKA
    Dani
    "Ooooooh!" I came around and took a seat next to Rod so I can get all the juice details! "What're you going to be doing?!"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona followed and took a seat across from them ::

Rod Stafford
    "I'm going to be reporting for the Chicago Tribune, that's a local newspaper."

He lifted the briefcase into his lap and opened it. To each, he ceremoniously handed a copy of the newspaper and his résumé.

"I'd been to the interview just before I came here," he smiled nervously and asked, "What do you think?"
    Last edited by Rod Stafford; Nov 19th, 2007 at 06:26:21 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    The Trib?" I couldn't believe it. Backwards Rod with his archaic thought patterns and horrible dress got a job at the prestigious newspapers in the city!!! "THE Trib!!!"

I squeal like a girl, my bad. Sorry. I don't normally do that! "That's awesome!!! But ... but how?! You need some serious credentials to land a job like that!"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona was momentarily startled by the squeal, then her cheeks puffed in disbelief as she looked over the resume. The only word able to escape her mouth was ... ::

"RENE!!!"

Rod Stafford
    "What?" he asked innocently. No longer could he maintain eye contact with Fiona so he quickly turned to Michelle.

"Well obviously a few of the details about my education and employment history have been embelished here and there."

He pulled a third copy of his résumé from the briefcase and waved his hand over it casually. He had prepared himself for this conversation.

"What was I supposed to do? Tell the truth?" he retorted defensively, noting the expression on Fiona's face. He started rumaging through the briefcase once more, mumbling.

"Besides, it's not like I'm the first person to tell a couple of little white lies at a job interview."

His head popped up from behind the briefcase, his face filled with enthusiasm.

"Would you like to see the articles from my stint at the New York Times?"

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    "Um ... Fi?" Fiona was upset. That meant that Rod used some fibbing skills to get his job. But he did have a point. The guy's from the fricking Middle Ages. What kinda resume is knowing how to use magic and brush a horse?

"He does kinda have a point ya know."

Fiona Devlin
    "Okay, okay." she smiled, and gave him a hug. It was too hard not to adore him.

Rod Stafford
    "Thank you," he said, returning the hug.

When they parted he closed his briefcase with a double click and put it on the ground. Now he slouched a little.

"So it looks like you'll be seeing a lot more of me now that I'm taking up residence in Chicago. Don't worry, I've no intention of becoming another free-loader."

Michelle drank her coffee and as she did, something sparkled brilliantly on her finger. It was a ring.

"Ooh, Michelle, nice bling!"

He leaned closer, recognised the design and nodded his approval.

"A gift from Fiona, no doubt."

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    He just said bling! How cute!

"Yes I did." I smile and hold it out so he can take a better look at it then before. "Best part is .." I lean down with a big crap eating grin on my face, "She proposed to me too!!!"

Fiona Devlin
    :: Fiona blushed brightly, recalling the events that led up to the moment, and hid her face as she sipped her coffee ::

Rod Stafford
    "Proposed what?" Rod asked blankly.

Fiona's face was hidden behind a cup and Michelle simply smiled at him as if waiting for something. And that was when the penny dropped. His face lit up.

"Ohhhhhh," he said in the manner of someone suddenly privvy to a fascinating secret. He smiled at Michelle and then at Fiona. There was a moments pause and that was when the penny really dropped.

"OHHHHHHH!!"

His face full of dawning wonder, he jumped to his feet and took Michelle by the hand and pulled her to her feet and into a great big hug.

"Congratulations!" he cried.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Dani
    When the lightbulb went on over Rod's head I laugh and hug him tightly. "You came back at such a good time!"

I pull him back and cup both of his cheeks, "You can come to the wedding!"

My jubulance spills over as I look towards Fi for confirmation. "Right?"

Fiona Devlin
    "Of course! He's family."

Rod Stafford
    "Come 'ere you!"

He leaned forward and effortlessly scooped Fiona into a hug. He held her tight, his chin resting on her head. Swelling in his chest there was a quiet joy, now doing cartwheels, having heard himself referred to as family.

"Oh, you two!"

He put his arm around Michelle and pulled her in close. He gave them both a squeaze before releasing them.

"So, when is the big day?"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast