Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: Pennant Chase & Road to the World Series

I don't know a single Red Sox fan who wants him.

If the rumors are true and Torre ends up with the Dodgers. I could see A-Rod following him there if the Dodgers are willing to pay the money.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer
    AKA
    Charley
    I'd rather have Lowell's cancer than to have A-Rod. To hell with that jerk.

Also no other team can afford him so I hope he just does us all a favor and jumps off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Vymes View Post
    I'd rather have Lowell's cancer than to have A-Rod. To hell with that jerk.

Also no other team can afford him so I hope he just does us all a favor and jumps off a cliff.
    That isn't true. The Dodgers, Giants, Angels, and Rangers could afford him. I would add the Cubs if they had an owner.

Looks like Torre is going to the Dodgers
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3086202
    Probably a very good move on their part. It sounds like they are going to have a busy offseason. The Dodgers are talking to the Twins about getting Santana and they are rumored to be interested in A-Rod. If they got those two with Torre they should be NL favorites fast.

JMK
    But wasn't he on Letterman just a couple days ago saying there was "nothing" to that rumor??? How can this be?

Quote Originally Posted by JMK View Post
    But wasn't he on Letterman just a couple days ago saying there was "nothing" to that rumor??? How can this be?
    Heh well maybe he was trying to hold out for more money.

JMK
    You think? It's either he didn't want to get booed by New Yorkers on the show, or he was sending a message to the Dodgers that they shouldn't be *so* confident that they were going to get him....so they up their offer.

I also think he was trying to get certain guarentees from the Dodgers. I think he wants them to be active in the offseason.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789