Kelly Perris
    - you are up!
    Sara Slesser
    Alison Fallon
    Laura MuSatach
    The Dog
    Chuck Jackson
    Takashi Koji

Hey I would like 5 or 6 volunteers to take part in a one-shot RP. You'd be playing characters in a haunted house senario. I will be playing the gamemaster/narrator, and generally trying to scare your characters to their deaths. Bwahahaa!

Ok so post if you want in. It will take place in General RP and don't register a new name for this, just pick one of the accounts you already have. DO create a new character to fit into the RP, however.

THREAD HERE

Setting: Modern day

Reason you're in the house: Ultimately up to you, but the house is a well known haunt, has its own website on the internet and is the subject of much speculation. The characters are taking part in a television reality show, but it is set up like Big Brother where there are no actual cameramen etc in the house with you. The character that lasts the longest in the house will win a lot of money.

Eliminations: No, this isn't referring to how the characters will go to the bathroom in the RP. All or at the least most of the characters in this RP will meet their deaths. I'll post polls in this forum to allow the readers of the RP to pick what order you all go out in. Its up to you to meet your untimely ends with style.

Participants:
    1. Laura Anne MuSatach - Freelance Investigative Paranormal Journalist. "It's all bunk!" Out to prove that all spooks, ghoulies and other ethereal creepy crawly voo doo children are nothing but the result of overactive imaginations of nincompoops. Graduated with a degree in journalism from Northwestern, has been published in the NY Times, the Washington Post and is constantly mis-quoted by the National Enquirer. Never married, no kids and just quit smoking. Arrived
    2. Sara Slesser - An art-school undergraduate. Moved cross-country from Montana to attend New York City's prestigious Pratt Institute. Finding it difficult balancing her school work and a part-time job, and with no chance of receiving financial support from her family, she needs a lot of cash – and fast. Arrived
    3. Charles "Chuck" Jackson - Hippy? Arrived
    4. Alison Fallon - Wiccan High Priestess from Salem, Massachusetts. Hyper-sensitive to paranormal activity, believes that she can help dispel the negative energy within the house and help the trapped spirits within pass on to the other side. Arrived
    5. Kelly Perris - Ruthless corporate executive, former Chippendale's boy, two failed marriages, one overtly rebellious teenage daughter, likes cheesy kung-fu movies and women...as long as they aren't more powerful than him. Arrived
    6. Takashi Koji - A depressed youth from Japan, he came to American looking for something new and fresh to wake him up. Rather, he became what people today classify as "emo" and mostly keeps to himself. Anti-social to a fault, he really does not enjoy being around other people. Arrived
    7. Dog - Three-year-old female German shepherd-collie mix. A neighborhood stray without a collar. Arrived
    The Wellerby Mansion
    This will be information that your characters may or may not know, but is certainly widely available knowledge to anyone with access to Google.

Built in 1926 in the town of Springfield, __, by Mr. Thomas Wellerby, the mansion is four stories tall, plus an attic and basement. The house boasts a two story library that extends up from the first floor into the second but can only be accessed on the first floor and from Mr. Wellerby's old office on the second floor.

A central staircase winds up through the house, terminating in a circular 'tower' room that is level with the attic, but separate. There is also an old elevator, with room for one person, or two if they squeeze, next to the library on the first floor.

Floor by floor:
    • Basement - The basement is accessible from the kitchens on the first floor of the mansion. A wide staircase leads down. Whatever the basement was used for previously - storage mostly - it now holds the office and work area of the Springfield Restoration Society which holds the deed to the property. There is also a large wine cellar in the basement.
    • First Floor - Entry hall with main staircase, great room with large fireplace, library, sunroom, kitchens (dumb waiter up to master suite on fourth floor) and laundry (laundry chute which comes down from the fourth floor), mudroom, dining room, and a parlor.
    • Second Floor - Office, second floor of library (accessible through office), ballroom
    • Third Floor - Master suite (sitting room w/ fireplace, bedroom, bathroom), four guest suites (small versions of master suite), and other bedrooms
    • Fourth Floor - Servants quarters, butler's rooms (w/ fireplace), linen storage, etc. Access to attic via narrow staircase off of hallway
    • Attic - Storage - dusty collections, mirrors, old furniture, paintings, and other items awaiting cataloguing.
    The house was most recently owned by William Wellerby, Thomas' son. He was a miser, and died in 2001 at the age of 79. He willed the property to the Springfield Historical Society as he had no heirs. Since taking over ownership six years ago, the SHS has made slow progress in making sense of the mess William left behind him. They have been continually hampered by employees quitting, or just plain refusing to work in the house anymore.

Strange things have been seen and experienced, and most chalk it up to the restless spirit of Elizabeth Katherine Wellerby, William Wellerby's sister. Born two years before William, she died at the age of 17 in the house. She was found hanging from the bannister near the top of the main staircase. The family hushed it up and no record of any criminal investigation was found.

The family butler's name was Samuel St. John and he came to America from England in 1920, though from exactly where is not certain.

Thomas' wife was Isobel Wellerby, a woman from a fine Southern family. She was known for throwing wonderful social events at the mansion.

Thomas Wellerby made his money before the stock market crash in 1929, having already re-invested the bulk of his money by that fateful day. The family lived quite well during the entirety of the Depression (and its rumored that Thomas furthered his income during Prohibition by financing liquor smuggling and perhaps even owned a speakeasy). He was known for a sharp tongue and was a shrewd businessman.

Incidentally, it seems that nearly every single family member died in the mansion.
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Sep 10th, 2008 at 12:38:46 AM.

oh what a tangled web I weave

SW-Fans.Net Poster
    Has been a member for 5 years or longer

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    I'm in.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Yes! I would love to do this

Parsideon Denix
    This is cool. Sign me up.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Me me me!

You can definetly count me in.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    It sound so... Saw-ish. I am so up for this. And that makes six.

Calleh
    That's just as well, as I don't think I have time to join something like this, but I shall be watching with interest.

Wesley Paige
    I'd love to do something like this, but it looks like you have all the people you need! I can't wait to read it. Sounds great.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lilaena Steam ID: jainhollie
    I'm open to allowing up to ten RPers to take part, but keep in mind I'm going to hold you to a strict posting order so this may take a while to complete.

Hopefully it'll be worth it.

Adding my participants to the OP - if you don't mind, tell me what name you'll be participating under, and a one liner describing your character. Such as "Dasquian Belargic - College dropout currently working as a McDonalds assistant manager, all about nature and womens, but gots no game"

Kelly Perris - Ruthless corporate executive, former Chippendale's boy, two failed marriages, one overtly rebellious teenage daughter, likes cheesy kung-fu movies and women...as long as they aren't more powerful than him.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Details on house layout and 'background' coming soon.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

AKA
    Nzat
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nikita Satach Steam ID: Nzat
    Laura Anne MuSatach - Freelance Investigative Paranormal Journalist. "It's all bunk!" Out to prove that all spooks, ghoulies and other ethereal creepy crawly voo doo children are nothing but the result of overactive imaginations of nincompoops. Graduated with a degree in journalism from Northwestern, has been published in the NY Times, the Washington Post and is constantly mis-quoted by the National Enquirer. Never married, no kids and just quit smoking.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Added information to the OP about the mansion you'll all be dying to get out of... er, into.

TheHolo.Net Poster
    Alison Fallon - Wiccan High Priestess from Salem, Massachusetts. Hyper-sensitive to paranormal activity, believes that she can help dispel the negative energy within the house and help the trapped spirits within pass on to the other side.

TheHolo.Net Admin

Baroness Scorpion #2
    Lesbian Overlord of SWFans

DragonCon 09
    AKA
    Jenny
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilaena De'Ville View Post
    "Dasquian Belargic - College dropout currently working as a McDonalds assistant manager, all about nature and womens, but gots no game"

Anyway...

Sara Slesser - An art-school undergraduate. Moved cross-country from Montana to attend New York City's prestigious Pratt Institute. Finding it difficult balancing her school work and a part-time job, and with no chance of receiving financial support from her family, she needs a lot of cash – and fast.
    Last edited by Dasquian Belargic; Jun 23rd, 2007 at 08:46:27 AM.

TheHolo.Net Poster

AKA
    Geoffrey
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Karagane Steam ID: Davendude
    My character in this will be Takashi Koji, who's personality will mirror that of his X-Men RP counter-part, minus the superhuman powers.

A depressed youth from Japan, he came to American looking for something new and fresh to wake him up. Rather, he became what people today classify as "emo" and mostly keeps to himself. Anti-social to a fault, he really does not enjoy being around other people, but that doesn't stop him from joining in on the Haunted House survival game. The money is no object to him, he just wants an experience that will make him feel something for once.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Welcome, welcome

Btw if this is successful, there may be sequels, and then other people can get involved.

Cast of NPC characters:
    • Penelope Winston - President of the SHS, 32 years old, holds a Masters degree in history. Addicted to Diet Coke and clove cigarrettes, she resents the accusation that the house is haunted, despite seeing things she can't explain.
    • Robert "Bob" Powers - Penny's assistant, 24 years old, very "surfer dude" and laid back
    • Charles Case III - President of the RTV (reality TV) Cable channel. He green-lit the TV show
    • Tim Browning - Producer of _____, watching and overseeing the entire thing from the mobile command center placed in the expansive backyard of the estate.
    • Raymond Salvatore - Browning's assistant, considers himself a ladies man - a real latin lover
    • Tina Alcott - Hostess of the show - blonde bimbo/actress/model
    Last edited by Lilaena De'Ville; Jun 23rd, 2007 at 06:54:27 PM.

SW-Fans.Net Poster

Did I tell you about the time I stole fire from the gods? I couldn't fence it, it was too hot. I really got burned on that deal...

AKA
    Andrew
    I think I'll join after all. And I've got a character formula guaranteed to outlast the lot of you.

Three-year-old female German shepherd-collie mix. A neighborhood stray without a collar. She'll come nosing around and slip in through the back door while everyone's going in and out.

First person to find her gets to name her.

TheHolo.Net Admin
    OG Forum Overlord

AKA
    Holly
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Awesome, I love it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast